MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   S-Class (W222) (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w222-178/)
-   -   Is it too much to ask just WHERE on planet earth YOU live? (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w222/698214-too-much-ask-just-where-planet-earth-you-live.html)

Streamliner 02-10-2018 01:00 PM

Is it too much to ask just WHERE on planet earth YOU live?

I’ll probably catch hell for this, but here goes: You know, I don’t mean to insult or disparage anyone here, but don’t we all think that it should be MANDATORY for members to at least note the COUNTRY where they reside in their profile? Actually, I think it would be helpful to know the city or greater area as well. I believe that most on this site are located in the U.S.A., but so often, it is evident that a member lives on the other side of the world. With so many here posting messages with numerous iPad generated misspelled words, wouldn’t it be nice to know that what we are reading isn’t misspelling, but the fact that the poster is communicating to us from another part of the world? I know we all welcome everyone to this site, from every corner of the globe and strive to make this an informative experience, so let’s start by playing with a full deck and know just where on planet earth we are directing our comments. Is that too much to ask?

I’ll send a PM to the moderator, but I tend to live on W222, so I thought I would solicit comments here.

Wolfman 02-10-2018 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Streamliner (Post 7378224)
I’ll probably catch hell for this, but here goes: You know, I don’t mean to insult or disparage anyone here, but don’t we all think that it should be MANDATORY for members to at least note the COUNTRY where they reside in their profile? Actually, I think it would be helpful to know the city or greater area as well. I believe that most on this site are located in the U.S.A., but so often, it is evident that a member lives on the other side of the world. With so many here posting messages with numerous iPad generated misspelled words, wouldn’t it be nice to know that what we are reading isn’t misspelling, but the fact that the poster is communicating to us from another part of the world? I know we all welcome everyone to this site, from every corner of the globe and strive to make this an informative experience, so let’s start by playing with a full deck and know just where on planet earth we are directing our comments. Is that too much to ask?

I’ll send a PM to the moderator, but I tend to live on W222, so I thought I would solicit comments here.

I respect privacy but do agree on showing the country

Too many questions and opinions without a proper frame of reference as options, model designations, packages, pricing, deals, warranty, lemon laws are all very specific to the location.

Utopia Texas 02-10-2018 03:05 PM

I would also like to remind those who read posts by those of us from The Southern U.S. to read slower and add a deep drawl to what you hear in your head! :) :) :)

MBS63AMG 02-10-2018 03:29 PM

I agree.

MBS63AMG 02-10-2018 03:34 PM

I just updated my profile. Needed to do it anyway.

1bad540 02-10-2018 03:43 PM

Im in the big apple! Thought it showed up. Ill update mine too..

Streamliner 02-10-2018 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Utopia Texas (Post 7378297)
I would also like to remind those who read posts by those of us from The Southern U.S. to read slower and add a deep drawl to what you hear in your head! :) :) :)

Way ahead of ya, pardner.

MBS63AMG 02-10-2018 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Utopia Texas (Post 7378297)

LOL

1bad540 02-10-2018 03:47 PM

Ok so when reading my posts, read them faster than you normally would. LOL

Socalsteve 02-10-2018 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by 1bad540 (Post 7378326)
Ok so when reading my posts, read them faster than you normally would. LOL

And with a Brooklyn accent?

pjw1967 02-10-2018 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Socalsteve (Post 7378452)

Yes, and with an attitude.....

Socalsteve 02-10-2018 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by pjw1967 (Post 7378463)
Yes, and with an attitude.....

I can do that! Even though I’m a native Angelino, my father was born and raised in the Bronx. I think I qualify!!!

1bad540 02-10-2018 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Socalsteve (Post 7378452)

No Brooklyn accent...lmao. But heck if you want to y not!

hyperion667 02-12-2018 07:46 AM

I honestly don't see what difference it makes......besides that, I'd assume folks would be proud to list their country. As far as being mandatory.......that just silly.