S-Class (W223) 2021 to Present

2022 Order Guides

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2021, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,761 Likes on 2,149 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
Originally Posted by ColeBlooded
My dad has had wraiths, ghosts, and now a dawn. People point and stare all day in certain neighborhoods. Beverly hills or something they're pretty common so it's not a big deal
Agreed. Where we live, in Newport Beach, the most expensive cars are no big deal either.

Just this past week, we took a 1,250 mile road trip up to Napa, Carmel, Santa Barbara. While in Napa, our daughter asked us to stop and pick up something for her at a specialty furniture store in Berkley. We did. I had not set foot in that town for over 20 years and I must say that it was like driving into a third world country. It was bad enough driving my fairly low key, silver S560 in there, but if we had been in a new Bentley, it would have been like pouring gasoline on a fire. I cannot begin to relate here how unbelievably uncomfortable it was just driving through that area. I made a vow a few years ago to never set foot in San Francisco again. I have now added the entire “Bay Area” to that resolve and should probably be thinking of adding a huge chunk of L.A. to the list as well.

These days, unless you are a celebrity, with a personal security force, if you want to venture out of certain “bubble” communities and into the wilderness of what our big cities have become, low key is the way to go, at least for us.

The following 2 users liked this post by Streamliner:
Jmcintire217 (05-31-2021), Sactownmb (02-28-2023)
Old 05-31-2021, 11:36 AM

Received 134 Likes on 63 Posts
2009 Bentley Azure and 2020 BMW M760i
Originally Posted by Streamliner
Agreed. Where we live, in Newport Beach, the most expensive cars are no big deal either.

Just this past week, we took a 1,250 mile road trip up to Napa, Carmel, Santa Barbara. While in Napa, our daughter asked us to stop and pick up something for her at a specialty furniture store in Berkley. We did. I had not set foot in that town for over 20 years and I must say that it was like driving into a third world country. It was bad enough driving my fairly low key, silver S560 in there, but if we had been in a new Bentley, it would have been like pouring gasoline on a fire. I cannot begin to relate here how unbelievably uncomfortable it was just driving through that area. I made a vow a few years ago to never set foot in San Francisco again. I have now added the entire “Bay Area” to that resolve and should probably be thinking of adding a huge chunk of L.A. to the list as well.

These days, unless you are a celebrity, with a personal security force, if you want to venture out of certain “bubble” communities and into the wilderness of what our big cities have become, low key is the way to go, at least for us.
Correct 100% through and through. Additionally, parts of Manhattan are also morphing into what you described.
The following users liked this post:
Jmcintire217 (05-31-2021)
Old 05-31-2021, 11:40 AM

You are absolutely right. AND, Bentley has a new, optional suspension that looks very interesting. That said, and after much thought, I have decided that I just don’t want a Bentley or a Rolls and the attention that those cars draw. My wife and I are getting on in years and flashing wealth is not something we wish to do, especially while driving out of town. One positive thing about MB diluting their image with all of the A, B, & C Class vehicles, is that the S Class isn’t that recognizable to the masses these days, which is just fine with me.

Trying not to go political here, but in the beautiful, truly insane state of California that I live in, things have gone from bad to MUCH worse over the past year. Driving a fairly stealthy S Class is about as far as I can go, while still feeling comfortable driving out of the bubble of South Coastal Orange County that I live in. Driving something like a brand new Bentley, even just going to dinner in L.A. is like putting a target on your back these days. With the word out that “property” crime is OK—even CONDONED—in so many cities and not even policed these days, with even violent criminals getting off with a hand slap and California rushing to grant early release to thousands of convicted felons, we prefer to be noticed as little as possible. What a sad state of affairs.
When you say condoned, and violent criminals getting off with a hand slap - how's this out of NY for you in 2020. A rapist was let out of jail within 24 hours with no bail. They need to bribe him with sports tickets to just show up to court. If he does not show up to court, try finding the guy. Makes you wonder what the politicians are thinking. Would they want their own families to be the victims of these guys? What is their end goal?

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...otq-story.html
Old 05-31-2021, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
Originally Posted by Chucky3000
When you say condoned, and violent criminals getting off with a hand slap - how's this out of NY for you in 2020. A rapist was let out of jail within 24 hours with no bail. They need to bribe him with sports tickets to just show up to court. If he does not show up to court, try finding the guy. Makes you wonder what the politicians are thinking. Would they want their own families to be the victims of these guys? What is their end goal?

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...otq-story.html
My first thought after reading this, was “unbelievable!” But of course, that is totally incorrect, as this story is completely and easily believable these days. My wife and I used to travel to NYC, to experience the great restaurants & shopping, catch a show or two and just live the NY life for a week or so. We used to drop quite a bit of money there, but as Mick Jagger sang “It’s all over now.” I wonder what Frank Sinatra would say about “New York, New York” today. Oh well.
Old 06-01-2021, 08:29 AM

My first thought after reading this, was “unbelievable!” But of course, that is totally incorrect, as this story is completely and easily believable these days. My wife and I used to travel to NYC, to experience the great restaurants & shopping, catch a show or two and just live the NY life for a week or so. We used to drop quite a bit of money there, but as Mick Jagger sang “It’s all over now.” I wonder what Frank Sinatra would say about “New York, New York” today. Oh well.
Wish I could say it was so unbelievable that I was misleading you. When the virus was on what it appeared to be the way out - I started going into Manhattan again for dinners to try to support my "local" favorite steakhouses. While doing so - I saw multiple Capital One Bank Branches - with the front area containing the ATMs for after hour access. In those enclosures were multiple homeless and drug addicts shooting up. There's nothing the police can (or are allowed) to do - and there's nothing the banks can do. Can you imagine for just a moment, meth heads in your waiting room if you own and operate an office or facility - and sleep there over night, ever night.

Here is just one video of this which I experienced. The video is not mine - but it is from this year 2021.
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2192724330862234
Old 06-01-2021, 02:25 PM

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
G63s and a few others
Are you two obvious Trumpies done with your off-topic rant yet? Is it safe to steer this thread back on topic?

Take it to the Fox News comment section.

The following 4 users liked this post by jamesszzz:
BenjaminKohl (06-02-2021), Bossanov (06-02-2021), leroysch (06-01-2021), Stephen513 (06-03-2021)
Old 06-01-2021, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by jamesszzz
Are you two obvious Trumpies done with your off-topic rant yet? Is it safe to steer this thread back on topic?

Note for all to see - you can't even opine bout the destruction of major cultural cities before our eyes without someone yapping about Trump. It's true what they say - TDS is incurable. Didn't even think what we said was political till you defined it as such.

Guess everyone's a tough guy behind a computer screen. The years change, the behavior continues.
The following 6 users liked this post by Chucky3000:
Jmcintire217 (06-01-2021), pnl (06-15-2021), rdrtkd (06-04-2021), Sactownmb (02-28-2023), Streamliner (06-02-2021), tigerbait1953 (06-08-2021) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-01-2021, 02:47 PM

G63s and a few others
Note for all to see - you can't even opine bout the destruction of major cultural cities before our eyes without someone yapping about Trump. It's true what they say - TDS is incurable. Didn't even think what we said was political till you defined it as such.

Guess everyone's a tough guy behind a computer screen. The years change, the behavior continues.
Give it a rest. Your Tucker Carlson program starts in a few hours, save the opining about this imaginary destruction until then. It does not belong in this thread.
Bossanov (06-02-2021)
Old 06-01-2021, 02:49 PM

Give it a rest. Your Tucker Carlson program starts in a few hours, save the opining about this imaginary destruction until then. It does not belong in this thread.
Good lord the egos on the internet never tire down. Take it easy buddy.
The following 3 users liked this post by Chucky3000:
aypues (06-28-2021), rdrtkd (06-04-2021), Streamliner (06-02-2021)
Old 06-01-2021, 03:13 PM

G63s and a few others
Good lord the egos on the internet never tire down. Take it easy buddy.
The dire state of Godforsaken places like MAGAville, West Virginia isn't something I would ever feel the need to discuss in a car ordering thread. Take your own advice.
Bossanov (06-02-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I don’t believe Chucky or myself mentioned any politician or political party, we were merely expanding on the idea of places one might NOT like to drive a very expensive vehicle these days. In addition, I believe we were both talking about how we might want to spend LESS time (zero time in my case) in Manhattan, an area where the former president’s family has substantial business and real estate holdings. How that makes us “Trumpies” is beyond me.
The following 4 users liked this post by Streamliner:
Jmcintire217 (06-02-2021), rdrtkd (06-04-2021), Sactownmb (02-28-2023), tigerbait1953 (06-08-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 09:11 AM

I don’t believe Chucky or myself mentioned any politician or political party, we were merely expanding on the idea of places one might NOT like to drive a very expensive vehicle these days. In addition, I believe we were both talking about how we might want to spend LESS time (zero time in my case) in Manhattan, an area where the former president’s family has substantial business and real estate holdings. How that makes us “Trumpies” is beyond me.
Correct. And more specifically - In October I added a Bentley Azure to my collection and genuinely fear to bring it to Manhattan for dinners for the aforementioned reasons. Politics and politicians and Trump honestly never went into my mind.
Old 06-02-2021, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 481 Likes on 357 Posts
2014 Mercedes E350 4matic Wagon, 2018 Fiat 124 Spyder Lusso manual, 2005 Acura TSX manual
Okay, let’s settle down children. We don’t need to speculate on each other’s political standings or make fun of others for supporting trump, no matter how easy it is to.

i will say this, though. In my opinion, it’s not the best look to be complaining about your wealth and privilege. It sounds a little like “I’m so filthy rich and just found out that it’s inappropriate to flash hundreds of thousands of dollars to poor people in an area that isn’t filled with people like me.” It really doesn’t sound too good. We get it, you’re super rich. We all wish we could be in your position. Don’t complain about how hard life is because of it. If you’re really worried about stopping at that high end shop in Berkeley, get something a little more under the radar. Or better yet, instead of dropping hundreds of thousands of dollars on a new flashy piece of metal, maybe donate that money to a charity that helps out those that are less fortunate then you and helps people who have no choice but to sleep in a large bank lobby get back on their feet. You guys have the power to help the poor. You’ve obviously never been in that position, and neither have I, but I can imagine it’s not their choice to sleep in the lobby of a bank. They have literally no other choice. Their intent isn’t to “ruin the city and culture”. It’s to not freeze to death. They don’t have the privilege of a roof over their heads and heating and a nice bed to sleep in, let alone a 14 bedroom mansion in Studio City.

Last edited by BenjaminKohl; 06-02-2021 at 11:08 AM.
Old 06-02-2021, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by BenjaminKohl
Okay, let’s settle down children. We don’t need to speculate on each other’s political standings or make fun of others for supporting trump, no matter how easy it is to.

i will say this, though. In my opinion, it’s not the best look to be complaining about your wealth and privilege. It sounds a little like “I’m so filthy rich and just found out that it’s inappropriate to flash hundreds of thousands of dollars to poor people in an area that isn’t filled with people like me.” It really doesn’t sound too good. We get it, you’re super rich. We all wish we could be in your position. Don’t complain about how hard life is because of it. If you’re really worried about stopping at that high end shop in Berkeley, get something a little more under the radar. Or better yet, instead of dropping hundreds of thousands of dollars on a new flashy piece of metal, maybe donate that money to a charity that helps out those that are less fortunate then you and helps people who have no choice but to sleep in a large bank lobby get back on their feet. You guys have the power to help the poor. You’ve obviously never been in that position, and neither have I, but I can imagine it’s not their choice to sleep in the lobby of a bank. They have literally no other choice. Their intent isn’t to “ruin the city and culture”. It’s to not freeze to death. They don’t have the privilege of a roof over their heads and heating and a nice bed to sleep in, let alone a 14 bedroom mention in Studio City.
Unbelievable.

I'm done here.

Last edited by Chucky3000; 06-02-2021 at 11:09 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Chucky3000:
Jmcintire217 (06-03-2021), rdrtkd (06-04-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BenjaminKohl

i will say this, though. In my opinion, it’s not the best look to be complaining about your wealth and privilege. It sounds a little like “I’m so filthy rich and just found out that it’s inappropriate to flash hundreds of thousands of dollars to poor people in an area that isn’t filled with people like me.” It really doesn’t sound too good. We get it, you’re super rich. We all wish we could be in your position. Don’t complain about how hard life is because of it. If you’re really worried about stopping at that high end shop in Berkeley, get something a little more under the radar. Or better yet, instead of dropping hundreds of thousands of dollars on a new flashy piece of metal, maybe donate that money to a charity that helps out those that are less fortunate then you and helps people who have no choice but to sleep in a large bank lobby get back on their feet. You guys have the power to help the poor. You’ve obviously never been in that position, and neither have I, but I can imagine it’s not their choice to sleep in the lobby of a bank. They have literally no other choice. Their intent isn’t to “ruin the city and culture”. It’s to not freeze to death. They don’t have the privilege of a roof over their heads and heating and a nice bed to sleep in, let alone a 14 bedroom mansion in Studio City.
Like so many forum sites, I'm afraid that many here make assumptions based on their feelings, rather than facts. You know virtually NOTHING about me or my background. It may surprise you to know that I was brought up in a lower middle class family. I started out with pretty much of nothing in the way of money. My first job was delivering newspapers on my bicycle. I flipped burgers at McDonalds. I pumped gas at a Shell station. I worked in a department store. I was a delivery boy. My first car was an old, smashed up, sedan, running on seven cylinders. I fixed it up by rummaging through junk yards and doing all the work myself. Whatever success I have had, is the result of years of 18 hour/7 day work weeks. It was based on doing without many things I wanted and plowing the fruits of my labor back into my business. As for charitable giving, I have supported many organizations for decades. A couple of those organizations have even "honored" me. "Super rich?" Hardly. Complaining? Definitely not. Thoughtful? You bet. You don't know anything about me, other than how I feel about cars.

The following 2 users liked this post by Streamliner:
Jmcintire217 (06-03-2021), rdrtkd (06-04-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 11:54 AM

Like so many forum sites, I'm afraid that many here make assumptions based on their feelings, rather than facts. You know virtually NOTHING about me or my background. It may surprise you to know that I was brought up in a lower middle class family. I started out with pretty much of nothing in the way of money. My first job was delivering newspapers on my bicycle. I flipped burgers at McDonalds. I pumped gas at a Shell station. I worked in a department store. I was a delivery boy. My first car was an old, smashed up, sedan, running on seven cylinders. I fixed it up by rummaging through junk yards and doing all the work myself. Whatever success I have had, is the result of years of 18 hour/7 day work weeks. It was based on doing without many things I wanted and plowing the fruits of my labor back into my business. As for charitable giving, I have supported many organizations for decades. A couple of those organizations have even "honored" me. "Super rich?" Hardly. Complaining? Definitely not. Thoughtful? You bet. You don't know anything about me, other than how I feel about cars.
You're a better man than me. Fidel Castro doesn't deserve your response though.
Jmcintire217 (06-03-2021)
Old 06-06-2021, 01:41 PM

G63s and a few others
Correct. And more specifically - In October I added a Bentley Azure to my collection and genuinely fear to bring it to Manhattan for dinners for the aforementioned reasons. Politics and politicians and Trump honestly never went into my mind.
That's what being glued to Fox News does to you. Paranoia, voices in your head. Manhattan has the most ultra wealthy in the world, no one there is paying any attention to that depreciated Bentley.

Get over yourself.

Last edited by jamesszzz; 06-06-2021 at 02:02 PM.
Old 06-11-2021, 05:59 PM

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
'71 280SL /'19 AMG GTR /'24 S63 E Edition 1 /'24 Range Rover SV LWB /'20 Toyota Sien
Is the 2022 Configurator available online anywhere?
Old 06-11-2021, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,011 Likes on 592 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by Bossanov
Is the 2022 Configurator available online anywhere?
The 2021 configurator isn't even finished yet. 2022 won't be on MBUSA for a long time.
Bossanov (06-11-2021)
Old 06-11-2021, 07:42 PM

Received 225 Likes on 134 Posts
S580
The W223 release is a joke. How do the prices show up on dealer websites but not on the Mercedes website?
The following 2 users liked this post by ColeBlooded:
rdrtkd (06-18-2021), Streamliner (06-12-2021)
Old 06-12-2021, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The W223 release is a joke. How do the prices show up on dealer websites but not on the Mercedes website?
Honestly, MB may be a great company, producing fine vehicles, but MBUSA is like a dog & pony show. They fart around with the marketing, thoroughly pissing off many long time customers and even when it comes to the launch of the vaunted S Class, they seem to trip over their own feet at every turn. I can’t believe the powers that be in Stuttgart continue to put up with it.
Jmcintire217 (07-17-2021)
Old 06-12-2021, 02:48 PM

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts
2015 S550
Makes you wonder what the politicians are thinking. What is their end goal?
Depopulation.
Old 06-12-2021, 02:49 PM

2015 S550
Additionally, parts of Manhattan are also morphing into what you described.
Yes, they are...
Old 06-12-2021, 02:58 PM

2015 S550
They fart around with the marketing
Irrelevant.
thoroughly pissing off many long time customers
Irrelevant.
they seem to trip over their own feet at every turn
Irrelevant...
Because in the end The S will sell regardless, everyone and their dog wants, all over the globe.
It's the best.
Period.
Old 06-15-2021, 01:54 AM

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
2015 S-550, 2017 Jaguar XE 35t R-Sport, 2007 Jaguar S-Type 3.0, 2013 S550 (traded)
It has been terrible. I feel like it has been messy besides COVID related issues.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2022 Order Guides