S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Driving Impressions: S63 vs. E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 12:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks jeffreyy...

noxxin...my apologies if you feel offended.
my intentions was not to offend anyone.
by now you should know based on compliments i've given you in the past that i do value the opinions of current s63 owners.
these people are the ones we look to for answers.

perhaps i got a little bit more emotional than you care to bare.
i'm a little surprise from your comment cause up to now...all your postings have been quite positive....i'm sure you respect the fact that everyone has their own opinion.

like jeffreyy...the leather is very important to me.
perhaps i ranted and raved a little too loud....but compared to the leather they are putting in all the other 63s...this one to me is crap! Again in my opinion.

Look at the CLS63...nappa leather.
CL63...nappa leather!
The E63....nappa leather!

so my comment more directed at MBZ is wtf happened to the S63!!!???

perhaps it may not bother you...
but being accustomed to soft nappa leather and with the price tag of 147k
I was shocked and pissed off especially when I already handed the keys of my S55 over and was so anxious to receive my S63.

I'm glad to hear you enjoy your vehicle.
Continue to keep us posted...and please don't let other people's opinion get to you.

It's not like I just came into this forum and started trashing.
I actually ordered one, and am in so deep that if I get it...I won't be happy...if I don't get it...I no longer have a family sedan to transport the wife and kid....

What else can I buy???
I cannot justify spending another 50k on a 65 when it will loose 20k as soon as I drive out the door.

cheers!
Old 06-20-2007, 05:15 PM
WSH
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 CL65
IMO, S/CL63 are simply world's best overall cars today if one considers driving enjoyment/performance/technology/safety/comfort/quality/reliability

But share the dissatisfaction re: the coarse-grained leather used on dash/doors/console/steering wheel airbag cover....

I shared my views (overwhelmingly positive re: CL63, except for the leather) w/Mark Ramsey at AMG US, and my sense is he appreciated the balanced feedback....

I suspect MB struggles w/inability to easily raise base MSRP in US mkt and needs to selectively de-content....and prob views 90%+ of buyers as not particularly appreciative of subtle aspects of interior design/materials/ergonomics....suggested to Mark that MB consider offering an optional leather upgrade package (to get 600/65-like, smooth-grained leather in 63, w/o the codgerly wood steering wheel of S65/600...or the tacky quilted leather of CL65 )....

AMG US seems very receptive to both positive and negative feedback re: S/CL63 from owners/serious prospective owners....one may want to share specific views directly w/them....
Old 06-20-2007, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by WSH
IMO, S/CL63 are simply world's best overall cars today if one considers driving enjoyment/performance/technology/safety/comfort/quality/reliability

But share the dissatisfaction re: the coarse-grained leather used on dash/doors/console/steering wheel airbag cover....

I shared my views (overwhelmingly positive re: CL63, except for the leather) w/Mark Ramsey at AMG US, and my sense is he appreciated the balanced feedback....

I suspect MB struggles w/inability to easily raise base MSRP in US mkt and needs to selectively de-content....and prob views 90%+ of buyers as not particularly appreciative of subtle aspects of interior design/materials/ergonomics....suggested to Mark that MB consider offering an optional leather upgrade package (to get 600/65-like, smooth-grained leather in 63, w/o the codgerly wood steering wheel of S65/600...or the tacky quilted leather of CL65 )....

AMG US seems very receptive to both positive and negative feedback re: S/CL63 from owners/serious prospective owners....one may want to share specific views directly w/them....
wsh:

what's mark ramsey's contact info?
i agree that the s63 is one of the top cars in the world.
like jeffreyy, i just have a real problem with this leather thing.
now i can live without it being on the dash, door, etc...etc...but those mismatch grain on the seat is just not happening.

i'd be interested in speaking with this guy mark and find out what his insights are for future offers.
as is...i may end up walking away from the deal...although it's one of the "world's best".
i'm a bit **** when it comes to getting what i want....after all...i am paying.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 S63
Originally Posted by rslpartners
thanks jeffreyy...

noxxin...my apologies if you feel offended.
my intentions was not to offend anyone.
by now you should know based on compliments i've given you in the past that i do value the opinions of current s63 owners.
these people are the ones we look to for answers.

perhaps i got a little bit more emotional than you care to bare.
i'm a little surprise from your comment cause up to now...all your postings have been quite positive....i'm sure you respect the fact that everyone has their own opinion.

like jeffreyy...the leather is very important to me.
perhaps i ranted and raved a little too loud....but compared to the leather they are putting in all the other 63s...this one to me is crap! Again in my opinion.

Look at the CLS63...nappa leather.
CL63...nappa leather!
The E63....nappa leather!

so my comment more directed at MBZ is wtf happened to the S63!!!???

perhaps it may not bother you...
but being accustomed to soft nappa leather and with the price tag of 147k
I was shocked and pissed off especially when I already handed the keys of my S55 over and was so anxious to receive my S63.

I'm glad to hear you enjoy your vehicle.
Continue to keep us posted...and please don't let other people's opinion get to you.

It's not like I just came into this forum and started trashing.
I actually ordered one, and am in so deep that if I get it...I won't be happy...if I don't get it...I no longer have a family sedan to transport the wife and kid....

What else can I buy???
I cannot justify spending another 50k on a 65 when it will loose 20k as soon as I drive out the door.

cheers!
No Worries. I guess I just came home after a long *** day and then read the latest posts to this thread and felt a little upset at the word "crap" in reference to my brand new baby (especially when you mentioned using the cheap stuff on blk/blk cars). It just sucked to see this reference after all of the posts we have shared together. I do however appreciate your opinions and i apologize if I over reacted. I didn't mean to be to overly critical but i hope you can hear where I was coming from.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:22 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
Congrats, Awesome car