S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Secondary cat delete

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Mercedes Benz S55 AMG
05 S55 AMG Secondary cat delete

Hello everyone, I just joined on the forum glad to meet everyone. I did a resonator delete on my 2005 S55 AMG and I love the sound on it. But, now I have decided that I would like a little bit more sound. I know people with other 55 kompressor cars, especially people with E55 AMG's have done secondary cat deletes before. I want to know which is better, an X pipe in place of the secondary cats with the H pipe? Or straight pipe it in place of the secondary cats but keeping the stock H pipe that came with the car from the factory? I heard the straight pipe produced backfires from the exhaust which I like a lot, especially after driving some of the new AMG's. I also know most also go with just an X pipe. I don't really want to lose the deep sound I have Down low in the RPM range but I really like the raspiness when I Really get on it. Please let me know on your thoughts and videos are especially welcome. The picture I have attached is the secondary cats and the H pipe from another 55 AMG, same setup. Thanks

Last edited by Hawk18; 05-02-2017 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Title change