S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

What would you pay?

Old 05-28-2018, 09:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 S55
What would you pay?

Found one owner 2003 S55 sold by a MB dealership with 69 thousand miles. Simple question what would be a good price?
Old 05-28-2018, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 286 Likes on 240 Posts
2010 E63 AMG, 2003 E500
Kelly Blue Book shows $8 - $12k private party value for a 2003 S55 with 69k miles in Good condition.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 S55
I seen the KBB but this one is coming from MB and that is why it should have added value.
Old 05-29-2018, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 257 Likes on 208 Posts
'06 MB S55 AMG; '04 Audi Allroad 4.2; '05 BMW M3 Conv.; '92 MB 500E
Originally Posted by Will Pena
I seen the KBB but this one is coming from MB and that is why it should have added value.
Nope
Old 06-01-2018, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 445 Likes on 333 Posts
222 S-65
OP be ready to babysit it. They are like that.
Old 06-02-2018, 05:37 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
E420
Honestly I wouldn't want one with that low of miles for how old it is, you are right before the point where all sorts of common problems and maintenance items start to pop up.
Old 06-28-2018, 07:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2015 W 222 S-550
They are not as temperamental as you think E42AMG. My latest is a 2006. Get ready to cry. I purchased it from and insurance auction. No it was not wrecked. The description stated "Fire in the trunk and electrical." What it looked like was that someone had something small laying in the trunk that caught fire. The lower carpet was gone and you could see where something plastic had melted onto the plastic spare tire holder, not much, sand it off get a new floor carpet and the back carpet that has some minor heat damage. All I could find for the "electrical" they mentioned was that there was no battery in the car. Put one in it started, ran and drives beautifully and everything worked except the left license plate light was out and the washer fluid was low. and a leak in the dynamic seat air line. No dents no scrapes no rips or or hole, Black on Black, 90% Michelin tires, 135,000 miles. One other issue, someone removed the rear mufflers and just ran pipe to a set of duel tips. sounds nice, but a bit louder than I like. This thing is scary fast. Yes I am a Merc-a-holic, but I know how to work on them, been a mechanic going on 50 years. Oh and the best part.....$3250.00 plus a few auction fees and things. Total price for a beautiful example of a 2006 S-55 AMG.......$4,018.and some change. Ya I wouldn't believe me either, except I can go out and see it in the yard and drive it.....Gotta get those mufflers back on. LoL
Old 06-28-2018, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 257 Likes on 208 Posts
'06 MB S55 AMG; '04 Audi Allroad 4.2; '05 BMW M3 Conv.; '92 MB 500E
Originally Posted by DanaTeresa
They are not as temperamental as you think E42AMG. My latest is a 2006. Get ready to cry. I purchased it from and insurance auction. No it was not wrecked. The description stated "Fire in the trunk and electrical." What it looked like was that someone had something small laying in the trunk that caught fire. The lower carpet was gone and you could see where something plastic had melted onto the plastic spare tire holder, not much, sand it off get a new floor carpet and the back carpet that has some minor heat damage. All I could find for the "electrical" they mentioned was that there was no battery in the car. Put one in it started, ran and drives beautifully and everything worked except the left license plate light was out and the washer fluid was low. and a leak in the dynamic seat air line. No dents no scrapes no rips or or hole, Black on Black, 90% Michelin tires, 135,000 miles. One other issue, someone removed the rear mufflers and just ran pipe to a set of duel tips. sounds nice, but a bit louder than I like. This thing is scary fast. Yes I am a Merc-a-holic, but I know how to work on them, been a mechanic going on 50 years. Oh and the best part.....$3250.00 plus a few auction fees and things. Total price for a beautiful example of a 2006 S-55 AMG.......$4,018.and some change. Ya I wouldn't believe me either, except I can go out and see it in the yard and drive it.....Gotta get those mufflers back on. LoL
Man, that's unarmed robbery!! Good on you!! These things respond to care like no other car I've ever seen!! A few grand into that and you'll be grinning from ear to ear!

Cheers!

maw
Old 06-28-2018, 10:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2015 W 222 S-550
MAW1124,

More like a few hundred, and it will be in perfect shape. I said this is my latest, I have 7 Mercedes in various models.
At least 7 is what I have at "Present," you never know what tomorrow brings. Lol. I've had a few others that I sold or traded off.
And no I'm not rich, I just keep my eyes and ears open and when I come across that really good car that the dealer told the owner
would cost thousands to fix and the guy just wanted it gone.
There are hundreds of them out there cheap, but very very few are "Good" cars.
Mercedes cars talk to me.
They tell me whether they are a problem child that's been neglected and abused and will never be the same.
Or they will tell me that they are a very good car that has just been sleeping and who's owner has lost his love for her.
A lot of people think machines are just hunks of metal, but I believe that they respond to how you feel about them.
Love them, admire them, care for them, and they will return the favor. Treat them like s**t and that's what you get.

Last edited by DanaTeresa; 06-28-2018 at 10:58 PM.
Old 06-29-2018, 06:31 AM

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by DanaTeresa
MAW1124,

More like a few hundred, and it will be in perfect shape. I said this is my latest, I have 7 Mercedes in various models.
At least 7 is what I have at "Present," you never know what tomorrow brings. Lol. I've had a few others that I sold or traded off.
And no I'm not rich, I just keep my eyes and ears open and when I come across that really good car that the dealer told the owner
would cost thousands to fix and the guy just wanted it gone.
There are hundreds of them out there cheap, but very very few are "Good" cars.
Mercedes cars talk to me.
They tell me whether they are a problem child that's been neglected and abused and will never be the same.
Or they will tell me that they are a very good car that has just been sleeping and who's owner has lost his love for her.
A lot of people think machines are just hunks of metal, but I believe that they respond to how you feel about them.
Love them, admire them, care for them, and they will return the favor. Treat them like s**t and that's what you get.
I couldn't agree with you more man!!! I walk by my S65 all the time and say damn I love you. Not like in a weird way or anything, I can just appreciate it for what it really is, a beautiful sexy car on the edge of out of control.
As for people who say S55's need a lot of love. My Dad is still running my old S55 and has almost 150k now and is he is absolutely terrible at maintaining cars.
We are complete opposites when it comes to love for cars. When I owned the car I gave it lots of love. He has changed the oil only ONCE in well over 2 years!!
Good luck and enjoy that new ride!
Johan