MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) (https://mbworld.org/forums/s55-amg-s65-amg-s63-amg-w220-w221-52/)
-   -   How do I reset time and date on 07 S65? (https://mbworld.org/forums/s55-amg-s65-amg-s63-amg-w220-w221/738221-how-do-i-reset-time-date-07-s65.html)

auburn2 03-10-2019 02:02 PM

How do I reset time and date on 07 S65?

I am having trouble getting the clock set for DST. I when I change to Daylight savings time in the settings menu on command the analog clock on the dash does not change. When I change it manually in the settings menu it does not change either. I can change to any time zone and the analog clock stays were it is (note it is still running, it just won't change to the right hour). Is there some other button I have to push to accept the change or something?

Also the date in the settings menu shows November something 2003. When I change it to the right date and leave that menu, when I go back the date in the menu is still showing 2003.

Is there some button I have to press to accept the change or aything? I looked in the owners manual and that does not help.

H35 03-11-2019 08:40 AM

That's weird.....I am having the exact same problem!!!!!
I thought it was just me or an issue with my car....I guess not.

Same car...2007 S65

Originally Posted by auburn2 (Post 7701959)
I am having trouble getting the clock set for DST. I when I change to Daylight savings time in the settings menu on command the analog clock on the dash does not change. When I change it manually in the settings menu it does not change either. I can change to any time zone and the analog clock stays were it is (note it is still running, it just won't change to the right hour). Is there some other button I have to push to accept the change or something?

Also the date in the settings menu shows November something 2003. When I change it to the right date and leave that menu, when I go back the date in the menu is still showing 2003.

Is there some button I have to press to accept the change or aything? I looked in the owners manual and that does not help.

conbobway 03-14-2019 06:01 PM

Ditto for my ‘07 S65. Keeps correct time on the COMAND screen but AMG clock remains wrong, working but wrong. Also, date can be set but cannot be locked in (always shows same date).

superchet 03-16-2019 09:11 AM

Same issue! 2007 S65

Time for an extended warranty visit!

H35 03-18-2019 10:15 AM

Owners manual is an underrated book. It clearly states ....

To adjust time & date make sure the GPS is OFF. Switch off before stopping the engine. Key out,

Key in - turn to pos 1 - (GPS will not start in this pos) .... Adjust time/date/timezone and remove key again. Next time you fire up all is ok --- works for me every time.

conbobway 03-18-2019 10:38 AM

Much, much thanks. Just received the car a few days ago and previous car is an ‘87 300TD (not real tech- intensive). Anyway, still trying to get a hand on the whole COMAND system but did read the book and followed all directions for clock reset. There was no specific mention in that section about GPS off but I now suspect that it is somewhere else in the manual. Again, Thanks. The highest tech item in my first car was the AM radio!

Bob

superchet 03-18-2019 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by H35 (Post 7708317)

To adjust time & date make sure the GPS is OFF. Switch off before stopping the engine. Key out,

Key in - turn to pos 1 - (GPS will not start in this pos) .... Adjust time/date/timezone and remove key again. Next time you fire up all is ok --- works for me every time.

Worked like a charm. Thanks!

Shadow1926 03-28-2019 07:15 PM

Fix

Same issue. I used my scan tool(Autel) to access instrument cluster control module and do a reset. Works fine now.

superchet 08-27-2020 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by H35 (Post 7708317)

how do you turn off the GPS? There’s no destination in the NAVI but I don’t know if there’s an additional step needed to turn it off.

I’ve done all the other steps but the date is reverting and the clock doesn’t advance to the correct time.

conbobway 08-27-2020 05:39 PM

The comment about reading the manual in one of these posts was, admittedly, a little snarky (for instance, there is nothing in my manual about turning off the GPS).
That being said, I have tried every method posted on this topic forum and none have worked.

Since this is a common problem, I remain convinced that there is nothing inherently wrong with my car, per se. Many responders have said that a quick trip to the local MB dealership solves the problem (for a $100 charge). I personally have an issue with spending $100 every time that my clock needs to be reset (battery change, for instance) on a car that sold for $190K. The fix is easy, MB knows what it is, but they have realized quickly that people will pay $100 to resolve it. So why actually publicize the solution.

Bob

superchet 09-01-2020 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by AN89AG (Post 7839774)
UPDATE: This morning I tried another option. First thing this morning, I opened the door, tapped the START button (to wake up electronics), and set the time via the COMMAND menus. Eureka! The analog clock reset to the time I set in the COMMAND menu! I then tried to set the date, but didn't have any luck. Not sure if too much time had passed, or if it wasn't going to work anyway. However, since the DATE isn't something I'm worried about, I probably won't try again.

Good luck to everyone out there. Hope this helps!

John

Thank you, John.

The above worked for both the clock and the date. The trick is to change the settings from first position after the car has not been started for awhile.

Polar Bear 10-12-2020 08:16 PM

The fix above is a temporary fix. The permanent fix was released about a year ago and officially by Daimler at the beginning of this year. It does require DAS to install it and has no ill side effects - only fixes the issue. There are many threads in the W221 subforum about it.