S63 AMG Coupe - Engine Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG BS
Angry S63 AMG Coupe - Engine Issues

Hello Fellow Enthusiasts,

Going to try to make this simple and clear.

- Renntech Airbox Upgrade
- Renntech Stage 1 Tune
*No exhaust upgrade

-Car first began having issues 3 months ago, performance was limited and car was not reaching high speeds (>120mph)
-From what my performance shop stated "a vacuum line from the turbo's was not hooked up properly, thus compromising the turbos" - Eurotech Motorsports.

-Eurotech took care of the issue, received car back after 2 months.

-After a couple weeks have passed by; today the S63 is now misfiring, without any diagnostic yet. The car seems to be struggling to maintain it's idle.

What's your input? Is this a tuning issue? Spark Plug issue? Installation Issue?

This car is now spending more time at the shop then in my garage and I want to know if the car is notorious for having similar issues? or is it the Renntech's tune?
Old 09-01-2015, 07:53 PM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
2001 Porsche 911 Turbo (heavily modified)
Eurotech is the best shop around. Im guessing you cant take it to dealer cause of warranty being void from Renntech stuff.

Have them run the codes with their AMG tech and see what he comes up with. He is VERY good. They all are. I wonder if yours was the one I saw a few weeks back.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:30 AM

C63 AMG BS
Originally Posted by ENV²
Eurotech is the best shop around. Im guessing you cant take it to dealer cause of warranty being void from Renntech stuff.

Have them run the codes with their AMG tech and see what he comes up with. He is VERY good. They all are. I wonder if yours was the one I saw a few weeks back.
I don't doubt their quality of work. I have only good things go say about Eurotech. They have taken care of me for a couple years now. But from reading some other threads on MBWorld, it seems people have been having similar engine issues with the M157. If I could, I would prefer to narrow down the issue before returning the car to Eurotech so this doesn't become a reoccurring issue.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:02 PM

Received 112 Likes on 80 Posts
2020 S63 Coupe, 2006 Hummer H1 Alpha, 2018 McLaren 720S, 2022 Porsche 911 TurboS, 2022 Tesla Model X
I had a Renntech stage V package installed in m CLS55 back in 2007 by a well regarded local shop. Before too long I had the check engine light come on. I took it to the dealer and they found a vacuum line that got jammed under the supercharger or throttle body, can't remember which as it has been a long time. They were great and fixed it at no cost but it made me think 'what if' there was some real catastrophe... dealership would not have paid for an expensive repair nor would the local shop, I'd have been totally screwed.

My CLS63S is leased and I didn't do anything to it, except drop the suspension a little. The S63 I plan on ordering, well I might get an ECU tune but not going to mess with the mechanicals.

Anyway sorry to hear about the problems and how long you've been separated from the car, that is really frustrating considering the cost of acquisition and cost of upgrades. Hope they get it taken care of soon.
Old 12-13-2015, 02:25 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
What did it turn out to be?

Usually from what i have read its always the spark plugs that go bad
Old 12-14-2015, 04:57 PM

C63 AMG BS
Originally Posted by Zod
What did it turn out to be?