S63 AMG 4MATIC Coupe, S65 AMG Coupe (C217), Convert. (A217) 2014 -2021

Thrilled with new S63C4

Old 07-10-2017, 12:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz AMG S63 Coupe
Thrilled with new S63C4

Newbie here. First post. Still admittedly a little giddy.

I just brought my new 2017 S63 Coupe home and I am thrilled with it. I have been drooling over this car for about a year and finally bought it.

I opted for....
Obsidian Black Metallic
Standard 20" wheels
Black Designo Interior
Carbon Fiber Interior Trim
Swarovski Crystal Lights
Night Vision Assist
Warmth and Comfort Package
Magic Sky
Split View Screen
Driver Assist Package
Red Brake Calipers

I love the metallic black. I labored on the saddle or black interior, but I am very happy with the lower risk black, like the last 20 cars I have had! I was concerned when I first heard the car had carbon fiber trim, but when I saw it, my jaw dropped. Awesome. The Swarovski crystals are over the top and perfect for this car. IMO. And the split screen is great for the trips my wife and I plan to take in this car. I originally thought I had to have the Hi End stereo being a bit of a long term audiophile. But the base Burmester with hybrid SACD, red books, and even hi res digital files on a hard wire sound very, very good. I was happy to find this car equipped so perfectly for my taste and within 300 miles of home.

I took a long solo drive in The Ozark Mountains today and really loved driving the car. It is not a "grit your teeth and bump your butt" sports car in the twisties, but it is so smooth and fast and fun to stick the corners with, I was all smiles. What a complete joy to drive! I can only imagine what it will be like when I get past my break in and can really put it to the test.

Now if I can just figure out how to get my text messages on the screen, and how to control my iPhone music, I will be all good to go. Calling the dealer about that tomorrow. No big deal. I have labored over the menus and have everything pretty well figured out, except for this text message and iPhone control puzzle.

I am glad to be part of your forum and looking forward to learning and sharing more about this great car.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:51 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
W218
welcome

Can we see it?
Old 07-10-2017, 10:47 AM

Sure thing-

Old 07-10-2017, 02:45 PM

On my text and iPhone control problems.... Dealer had me cancel and remove bluetooth connection on the phone and also on the car. Reconnect with a new connection. Problem solved. Everything works as it is supposed to now.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:28 AM

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts
2017 AMG GT S
Beautiful car !! Congratulations
Old 07-28-2017, 05:37 PM

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Jaguar XKRS, Audi S8, Chevrolet Z06, Tesla Model S, Mercedes S63 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by MrTom
Newbie here. First post. Still admittedly a little giddy.

I just brought my new 2017 S63 Coupe home and I am thrilled with it. I have been drooling over this car for about a year and finally bought it.

I opted for....
Obsidian Black Metallic
Standard 20" wheels
Black Designo Interior
Carbon Fiber Interior Trim
Swarovski Crystal Lights
Night Vision Assist
Warmth and Comfort Package
Magic Sky
Split View Screen
Driver Assist Package
Red Brake Calipers

I love the metallic black. I labored on the saddle or black interior, but I am very happy with the lower risk black, like the last 20 cars I have had! I was concerned when I first heard the car had carbon fiber trim, but when I saw it, my jaw dropped. Awesome. The Swarovski crystals are over the top and perfect for this car. IMO. And the split screen is great for the trips my wife and I plan to take in this car. I originally thought I had to have the Hi End stereo being a bit of a long term audiophile. But the base Burmester with hybrid SACD, red books, and even hi res digital files on a hard wire sound very, very good. I was happy to find this car equipped so perfectly for my taste and within 300 miles of home.

I took a long solo drive in The Ozark Mountains today and really loved driving the car. It is not a "grit your teeth and bump your butt" sports car in the twisties, but it is so smooth and fast and fun to stick the corners with, I was all smiles. What a complete joy to drive! I can only imagine what it will be like when I get past my break in and can really put it to the test.

Now if I can just figure out how to get my text messages on the screen, and how to control my iPhone music, I will be all good to go. Calling the dealer about that tomorrow. No big deal. I have labored over the menus and have everything pretty well figured out, except for this text message and iPhone control puzzle.

I am glad to be part of your forum and looking forward to learning and sharing more about this great car.

Beautiful car. It looks like mine. I purchased a 2016 S63 Coupe earlier this year. I also have the Burmester system, but I didn't know it could read your text. How does it work ? Hope its not just a 2017 feature.

Do you live in a state which requires a front license? I'm using a tow hook mount for mine but I have to turn off the parking sensors because the tag sets off the sensors. Also I'm a little disappointed that I can't find any all season tires but I love the way the car drives. Really smooth and quite inside.

One thing that took a little getting use to was the sport mode. In comfort mode it starts in 2nd gear unless you are going up a hill. In sport mode it starts in 1st and its a little jumpy and will lunge if you're not careful.

Enjoy!!!!
Old 07-28-2017, 05:55 PM

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Jaguar XKRS, Audi S8, Chevrolet Z06, Tesla Model S, Mercedes S63 AMG Coupe
Baby needs a bath!!
Attached Thumbnails Thrilled with new S63C4-s63-1.jpg   Thrilled with new S63C4-s63-2.jpg  
Old 07-28-2017, 10:09 PM

I think the texting and messages depends on what kind of phone you have. The dealer set mine up and then I messed with it some more to get it working. Basically, once you get all of your phone settings right, and get your car settings right, the screen will display an envelop in the top tool bar when you have a text. Then you have to go in and get it. It does not just pop up on your screen unless you pull it up. Then, with my iPhone, to reply, you hold down the talk button until Siri wakes up. They you can replay by sending the text through Siri. I was having a hard time getting this to work. My dealer coached me through it over a phone call. Works great now.
Old 07-30-2017, 04:30 AM

Received 115 Likes on 78 Posts
S63 AMG Cabrio
Congrats, nice car, enjoy!

About SMS/text syncing: it is using the Bluetooth MAP profile for that (Message Access Profile). if you are lucky not only SM, but also emails (Android, depending on phone)
Old 08-08-2017, 02:59 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 S550 coupe and 2018 AMG GTR
Originally Posted by MrTom
I think the texting and messages depends on what kind of phone you have. The dealer set mine up and then I messed with it some more to get it working. Basically, once you get all of your phone settings right, and get your car settings right, the screen will display an envelop in the top tool bar when you have a text. Then you have to go in and get it. It does not just pop up on your screen unless you pull it up. Then, with my iPhone, to reply, you hold down the talk button until Siri wakes up. They you can replay by sending the text through Siri. I was having a hard time getting this to work. My dealer coached me through it over a phone call. Works great now.

How do you "go in and get it?" I do notice when i get a text message there is an envelope on the screen but didnt know i could read it. Thought it was just a notification.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BMW 850ix Gran Coupe, BMW 750 ix, 2017 S63 4MATIC, BMW 535D, 535xi, E350
Smile WOW!!!

Your car is an absolute home-run! Congratulations. I had been waiting for an E-63 which was going to come in at about $140,000+ (fully equipped, Canadian $$$)...I got sick of waiting and my dealer showed me a 2017 S63 sedan - which is gorgeous -- and I bought it. I think that it offers me a much nicer daily drive ride than the E63 for not much more money after discount (considering a 2017 model)....But the one I really have my eye on is the S63 Coupe...I'm going to keep my current car for a year or two and then swap up. Again, your car is SUPERB!!!!