S63 AMG 4MATIC Coupe, S65 AMG Coupe (C217), Convert. (A217) 2014 -2021

Rattle question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz AMG S63 Coupe
Rattle question

Brand new S63C4. Happy as can be. But I have a question. When I am on broken pavement, brick/cobblestone streets, etc, I do hear a very slight little rattle from the passenger side. Maybe the door or the seat belt extender? It is immediate with the rumble and then immediately is gone when the rumble is gone. I took everything out of the car, glove box, console, etc. Still there.

Maybe I am expecting too much. Do you get even the slightest little rattle on real rough roads? Or do you get a cocoon of totally silent bliss regardless of the pavement underfoot?

I took it in. The shop foreman rode with me. It took a while, but he finally said he heard it. They worked on it all day. Maybe it is a little better, but I can still hear a little something there.

My daughter says I have once again allowed my expectations to exceed what is humanly possible. Maybe she is right.

I appreciate any feedback.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:06 AM

Received 112 Likes on 80 Posts
2020 S63 Coupe, 2006 Hummer H1 Alpha, 2018 McLaren 720S, 2022 Porsche 911 TurboS, 2022 Tesla Model X
Mine had a rattle on the driver side that sounded like it was coming from the seatbelt extender. Service technician drove in it and told me it was actually coming from the rear deck, apparently a common location for rattles to develop. They kept it overnight, disassembled the rear deck and replaced it after adding felt padding, and it is now silent.

If you still hear it take it back and have them check the rear deck, the sound might be referred to the seatbelt extender as in my case.

Originally Posted by MrTom
Brand new S63C4. Happy as can be. But I have a question. When I am on broken pavement, brick/cobblestone streets, etc, I do hear a very slight little rattle from the passenger side. Maybe the door or the seat belt extender? It is immediate with the rumble and then immediately is gone when the rumble is gone. I took everything out of the car, glove box, console, etc. Still there.

Maybe I am expecting too much. Do you get even the slightest little rattle on real rough roads? Or do you get a cocoon of totally silent bliss regardless of the pavement underfoot?

I took it in. The shop foreman rode with me. It took a while, but he finally said he heard it. They worked on it all day. Maybe it is a little better, but I can still hear a little something there.

My daughter says I have once again allowed my expectations to exceed what is humanly possible. Maybe she is right.

I appreciate any feedback.