Sponsored by:

Best tune for S63?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 10:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CL600, SL600, Quattroporte, S/C Denali, Turbo M3, H1
Best tune for S63?

Which company provides the best results for the S63 (I'm also considering tuning my G63)? How fast approximately will the car do the 1/4 and 0-60 after the tune?

Is it worth doing downpipes?
Old 01-15-2017, 12:56 PM

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
2016 Mercedes S63 4matic sedan
I have been doing lots of investigating, google searching, etc. Regarding this. I have even contacted three different companies (AMS, Renntech, and Weistec). There are of course pros and cons to all of them. Whenever I have had the car at the local Mercedes dealer, the Renntech rep always wants to talk. Due to the color (interior and exterior) and option list. The car gets plenty of attention at the dealer and they know the car. Most of the S63's here are black and pretty stripped down. I wanted to possibly go Weistec exhaust, AMS tune with AMS carbon air filter boxes. They said the Air filter boxes they could make work on an S63, however they want the car there to do the install to make it work, and then tune it at there shop. I hope this helps. All shops have been answering any questions. It seems Renntech does not effect the warranty of the car. At least according to the rep at the dealer. AMS if your tune gets wiped from a dealer reflash of some sort, it is only under a free reflash for one year, after that it will cost you every time to get it put back to their tune. I talked to Weistec about there W4 turbo upgrade. Pretty interesting. I think from what I have read, until the transmission programming can get sorted out, the best thing to do is a tune, filters and exhaust.
Old 01-15-2017, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by barryrobinson19
I have been doing lots of investigating, google searching, etc. Regarding this. I have even contacted three different companies (AMS, Renntech, and Weistec). There are of course pros and cons to all of them. Whenever I have had the car at the local Mercedes dealer, the Renntech rep always wants to talk. Due to the color (interior and exterior) and option list. The car gets plenty of attention at the dealer and they know the car. Most of the S63's here are black and pretty stripped down. I wanted to possibly go Weistec exhaust, AMS tune with AMS carbon air filter boxes. They said the Air filter boxes they could make work on an S63, however they want the car there to do the install to make it work, and then tune it at there shop. I hope this helps. All shops have been answering any questions. It seems Renntech does not effect the warranty of the car. At least according to the rep at the dealer. AMS if your tune gets wiped from a dealer reflash of some sort, it is only under a free reflash for one year, after that it will cost you every time to get it put back to their tune. I talked to Weistec about there W4 turbo upgrade. Pretty interesting. I think from what I have read, until the transmission programming can get sorted out, the best thing to do is a tune, filters and exhaust.
Quite frankly, no your response does not help. Your moms car is nice but I'm not interested in what your day dreaming about doing to it. I am asking for actual experience with different tunes. Clearly from your post you want your moms car to draw attention to her (Is she hot and frisky?), which again has nothing to do with what Im asking. While your moms car has a couple nice options its by no means as well optioned as the one I'm buying.
Old 01-15-2017, 03:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,323 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by Bromaguire
Quite frankly, no your response does not help. Your moms car is nice but I'm not interested in what your day dreaming about doing to it. I am asking for actual experience with different tunes. Clearly from your post you want your moms car to draw attention to her (Is she hot and frisky?), which again has nothing to do with what Im asking. While your moms car has a couple nice options its by no means as well optioned as the one I'm buying.
if you can't handle decent responses from people maybe you should exercise your right to use the search function because this has been discussed about 1 billion times on the forum and perhaps some of those billion responses might be more suitable to your needs.

what do options have to do with an engine tune?

his point about renntech is very valid

Last edited by PeterUbers; 01-15-2017 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-15-2017, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by PeterUbers
if you can't handle decent responses from people maybe you should exercise your right to use the search function because this has been discussed about 1 billion times on the forum and perhaps some of those billion responses might be more suitable to your needs.

what do options have to do with an engine tune?

his point about renntech is very valid

Clearly you got time for dat yo.

His response didn't answer anything I asked, neither did yours.

I agree options have nothing to do with a tune which is why his response is pointless, as is yours.

His point about renntech is barely valid. A simple tune from a reputable vendor won't damage an engine as long as your not the guinea pig. I had a speed driven tune on my CL600. The dealer asked if I had a tune and since I have a very good relationship with them I told them in fact I did. One of my coil packs had failed at that time and they gave me no issues repairing the car.
Old 01-15-2017, 06:28 PM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
S, GL
Originally Posted by barryrobinson19
It seems Renntech does not effect the warranty of the car.
Since the beginning of tuning and until the end of time, this was and is always incorrect

Your OEM go-to-any-dealer warranty on the powertrain is gone once noticed ... what you mean is your installing dealer is going to work with you on his own but that's outside of corporate MB

Ask Renntech to send you a written confirmation that the OEM warranty is 100% valid and that you'll still be able to visit any dealership

As for best tune, I'd guess either RT or Weistec given the volume of cars they tune

Last edited by jenz; 01-15-2017 at 06:31 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 12:22 PM

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts
'19 G63 Ed 1,'18 M5, '16 G63,'12 458 , '11 E63, Brabus SL55-K8, '10 S63, '94 E500 "Wolf", '91 560SEC
I'd like this info too. Especially on this platform with 4 matic driveline. What is safe for a daily driver. Also, what can be done to wake up the exhaust without spending $10k on the Brabus one.
Old 02-13-2017, 05:09 PM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
S63 Tuning

Which company provides the best results for the S63 (I'm also considering tuning my G63)? How fast approximately will the car do the 1/4 and 0-60 after the tune?

My dad went with me when I picked up my C43 AMG and he ended up picking up the S63 because he has to be better than me lol so for his birthday I purchased an AMR Performance tune for his car. I am not going to lie, I am super jealous. After this software upgrade his car is a monster. He gained 100hp and 110tq and it shifts faster and the throttle response it a million times better than stock. Here is the link where I purchased just for reference:

http://shop.amrperformance.com/produ...e-ship-in-ecu/

What is also cool is they offered me a discount if I tuned my car as well so if you are interested in tuning your G63 also they will most likely give you deal! I figured this was worth sharing since I had such a great experience with them. Whatever route you take you should let people know! I always like to hear modifying stories and see people's progress.
The following users liked this post:
AMR Performance (02-15-2017)
Old 02-13-2017, 06:33 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo

I would love to throw our hats in the mix too. We have been around for 10 years and tuned over 10k cars

we offer a motor replacement warranty should anything we do affect your car, and we have locations all around the world!

We offer the same gains at probably half the price you are looking at now. I think we could tune both cars for the price of one Renntech tune with our current sale!

Let me know now if I can help with anything

www.eurocharged.com
Old 02-13-2017, 07:30 PM
3WD
SPONSOR

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Car

Hello,

BRABUS:

BRABUS performance kit B63-650

Base S63 4-matic
+48 kW / 65 hp ; + 100 Nm to 478 kW / 650 hp , 1000 Nm
consisting of BRABUS PowerXtra additional engine electronics, Vmax: 300 km/h / 186 mph
Vmax: 300 km/h

Also G63:

BRABUS B63 - 620

Base G 63, 400 kW / 544 hp; 455 kW / 620 hp (410kW / 557hp); 820 Nm (760 Nm)
Vmax: 230 km/h / 143 mph

Please let us know if you have any more questions...Thank you!
Old 02-15-2017, 04:14 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 54 Likes on 30 Posts
18 MB E63S AMG - 17 MB C43 AMG - Much more!
Thumbs up

Our software upgrade (tune) comes with a warranty to put your ECU upgrading mind to ease.

ECU's are programmed and re-shipped same day as well (if received before 11 a.m. EST).

Product Link:
Please feel free to contact us for further information and do not hesitate to ask us any questions.

Email: sales@amrperformance.com

- Robert

Last edited by AMR Performance; 11-13-2017 at 10:48 AM. Reason: typo
Old 02-15-2017, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 SLS AMG
2016 S63 with RennTech Tune

Sorry guys, I have been away for quite some time and very slack with posting. I recently went from my 2015 S550 to a 2016 S63 sedan and had it RENNTECHed.

Promise I won't be too long and will answer an questions people have. I looked at this forum for quite some time and couldn't find any good info so pulled the trigger and did it myself. It is indeed amazing....

Quotes for power are 669hp and 734lb/ft of torque. The great news is that the car drives amazingly well in comfort mode so much so I can still tool around town with the wife and child and there is almost no perceptible difference with the S550 in comfort mode. The S63 is a little rougher in terms of ride quality and suspension of course. Even comfort mode tho with a good push of the throttle is ridiculously fast. Sport mode is INSANE. I say that in the sense that you can still drive very easily in traffic but with the enhanced sport exhaust and the twitchy throttle, you will be at triple digits before you know it.

I came from an E63 to the S550 and then to the S63. Will say the S63 is quite fast but almost too quiet and sedate. It is INDEED a luxury rocket!!!! The SLS is a different beast all together and even though they may technically be the same speed in a straight line they go about it completely differently (as you would imagine). I got my RennTech tune from my dealer who also vowed to work with me should there be any problems. It was done next day as well and was seemless. Would never know it was there unless you jump on the gas. Amazingly incorporated as I wanted this as my daily driver and didn't want the daily drivability to be affected.

I guess this wasn't really short in any way. Sorry. I say do it, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. I went with RennTech and will prob go with them for the SLS as well.

Hope this Helps
Old 02-17-2017, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by getmercd
My dad went with me when I picked up my C43 AMG and he ended up picking up the S63 because he has to be better than me lol so for his birthday I purchased an AMR Performance tune for his car. I am not going to lie, I am super jealous. After this software upgrade his car is a monster. He gained 100hp and 110tq and it shifts faster and the throttle response it a million times better than stock. Here is the link where I purchased just for reference:

http://shop.amrperformance.com/produ...e-ship-in-ecu/

What is also cool is they offered me a discount if I tuned my car as well so if you are interested in tuning your G63 also they will most likely give you deal! I figured this was worth sharing since I had such a great experience with them. Whatever route you take you should let people know! I always like to hear modifying stories and see people's progress.
Pretty much every single post of yours makes a reference to AMR... it makes you look like a shill for AMR...
Old 02-17-2017, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by AMR Performance
Our software upgrade (tune) comes with a warranty to put your ECU upgrading mind to ease.

We offer FREE overnight shipping for US customers to minimize vehicle down time (FREE shipping on international orders).

Product Link:

Please feel free to contact us for further information and do not hesitate to ask us any questions.

Email: sales@amrperformance.com

- Robert

Can you expand more on your warranty? Do you have any before and after dyno for your M157 tunes?

Last edited by TMC M5; 02-17-2017 at 10:57 PM.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 S63, 1999 S500

Does anybody on this forum actually have Renntech or other tune S63 clocked with 1/4 and 0-60 after the tune?

I had researched online with multiple sources who reviewed S63 performance and to my surprise none had confirmed 0-60 3.9 posted by MB. Most reviewers observed 4.3-4.8 0-60 times.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by wstasw@aol.com
Does anybody on this forum actually have Renntech or other tune S63 clocked with 1/4 and 0-60 after the tune?

I had researched online with multiple sources who reviewed S63 performance and to my surprise none had confirmed 0-60 3.9 posted by MB. Most reviewers observed 4.3-4.8 0-60 times.
Are you looking at the right model year? Here are some tests for both coupe and sedan:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ic-test-review

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...pe-test-review

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/merce...mg-first-test/

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/merce...63-amg-4matic/

A thing to note from US car magazine times, most weather correct their acceleration data and use a 1 foot roll-out (only use the elapsed time after the car has rolled out 1 foot, to simulate timing lights at the drag strip).

Last edited by TMC M5; 02-22-2017 at 01:32 PM.
Old 02-22-2017, 03:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 S63, 1999 S500
Originally Posted by TMC M5
Are you looking at the right model year? Here are some tests for both coupe and sedan:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ic-test-review

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...pe-test-review

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/merce...mg-first-test/

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/merce...63-amg-4matic/

A thing to note from US car magazine times, most weather correct their acceleration data and use a 1 foot roll-out (only use the elapsed time after the car has rolled out 1 foot, to simulate timing lights at the drag strip).
Thanks for info, but check around youtube.com, there's a multiple VS clips with other sedans with times as I previously posted.

My main question still about after tune performance.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by wstasw@aol.com
Thanks for info, but check around youtube.com, there's a multiple VS clips with other sedans with times as I previously posted.

My main question still about after tune performance.
You mean videos timing the speedometer? That can be very inaccurate. The speedo may not keep up with real time acceleration. The car magazines are using GPS datalogging equipment (vbox). I have one and do my own testing. The time for the roll-out will usually be .25s to .3s. That would put the "raw" magazine times at about 3.85s - 4.1s for the S63 sedan and coupe.
Old 02-05-2024, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w222 s63 m157
Do you?

Originally Posted by loungn14
I would love to throw our hats in the mix too. We have been around for 10 years and tuned over 10k cars

we offer a motor replacement warranty should anything we do affect your car, and we have locations all around the world!

We offer the same gains at probably half the price you are looking at now. I think we could tune both cars for the price of one Renntech tune with our current sale!

Let me know now if I can help with anything

www.eurocharged.com

Do you really offer a warranty like this because your sales people don’t know about it. I was going to try Eurocharged but not sure anymore.