S63 AMG, S63 AMG 4Matic, S65 AMG (W222, V222) 2014 -2021
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Second service (B1) complete.

Old 10-15-2017, 10:20 PM

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
2016 Mercedes S63 4matic sedan
Second service (B1) complete.

Vehicle is a 2016 S63 AMG 4matic. Current mileage is around 13,000-14,000miles. Vehicle has been amazing so far. No regrets. Took vehicle to my local dealer. Had them look at a few things while the vehicle was there for service. First thing, the drivers seat left side bolster would squeak. Sometimes pretty bad. Repaired. The second thing, sometimes while making tight maneuvers with the steering wheel turned to lock left or right turns, I would get a groaning type noise in the front end. They found a service bulletin and performed the bulletin. Repaired. The third thing, the transmission could shift pretty harsh at times and would feel as if it was shuttering. They found a service bulletin and a new transmission program was available. Repaired. This repair is a total night and day difference on how the car drives and performs. It is like a completely different vehicle. I am completely amazed. While in sport mode the shifts are so much better and the down shift blipping is amazing. It is difficult to describe. All I can say is WOW. I had them change the rear differential fluid while it was in and I purchased some fluid to perform the front differential myself. I will look into the transfer case also. I plan on changing the fluid myself this week at work. The Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires I installed at around 6,000 miles have been amazing and are holding up quite well. The ceramic brakes are awesome and the dealer said they have never serviced (as in replaced pads or rotors) any Mercedes with ceramic brakes, ever. So far the vehicle continues to amaze. Had the Renntech representative give me some prices on the R2, R3 and R3+. Wow, wish I had a coupon. All I can say is one of these days, months or years.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:34 PM

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
S63
This is still your moms car, right? What does she think of you wanting to get the Renntech upgrades on her car?
Old 10-17-2017, 09:08 PM

Well yes and no. My parents are getting older. They have said numerous times that I will be getting this car when they are gone, my brother wants my dads 2013 Escalade ESV Platinum. They know it will be modified when they are gone. I have been trying to get them to do something while they are here to enjoy it. Something like an R2 package, nothing crazy. My mom likes loud exhaust. Her friend had a Jag F type SVO. It will be getting the R3+ at some point, however with a pump gas tune, unless they can come up with a switch or something to toggle between a pump gas tune and race gas tune. I do most of the driving any more. My mom for the most part just says take my car, most of the time. Even to just cruise or see a late movie. I take it to as many car type events as possible. The last was a German car meet. Not to many Mercedes were there. There was a guy that came over that was amazed at the car. He was driving a fairly new BMW Aplina B7. My mom and dad have always said just tell them its your car. I don't like doing that, I tell people up front that it is my moms car. I just take care of it for them. Make sure the services are current, make sure it has gas, wash and wax it. They do love the car, however I do to. It is even more fun to drive after the software update for the transmission. Sport is really amazing now. I am trying to get my dad to try driving it this weekend. Saturday I am taking it to my work to look into changing the transfer case and front differential fluid. I am off that day. I would not mind having the car, however I would rather my parents stick around longer. I do take them on drives every weekend. When it is just my dad and I we really beat up on the car and have fun.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 AMG S63
Originally Posted by barryrobinson19
Had the Renntech representative give me some prices on the R2, R3 and R3+. Wow, wish I had a coupon. All I can say is one of these days, months or years.

Howd the R2 and R3 upgrades price out?
Old 12-02-2017, 08:57 PM

That was months ago. Sorry. I was just trying to get a ball park figure. It was in the tens of thousands of dollars. Which included the parts and labor. I could do the work myself, however my dealer really stands behind what they do, including all Renntech upgrades. They sell quite a few Mercedes vehicles with the Renntech mods already done. I was not sure how they would feel if I did the work myself. The turbo's are an engine out ordeal. Or at least that would make things a whole lot easier, then while the engine is out, you might as well upgrade the transmission. Also, Hartmut Feyhl has visited my dealer in the past. My dealer has been very helpful and has been amazing about everything. Since I am a tech myself, I talk to the techs every time I am there. Just to pick there brains. Its seems there head AMG/Renntech technician, is the only tech that works on my car, when it is in the shop. Just trying to get a rapport with him. Just trying to tell you what I know and have learned from my dealer and investigating on the internet.

Last edited by barryrobinson19; 12-02-2017 at 11:18 PM. Reason: more stuff
Old 12-03-2017, 11:35 AM

I was thinking. On a side note. Love the car. This will be it seems the last of the big block twin turbo AMG engines. Since Everyone is downsizing. So we plan on keeping for as long as possible. One amazing vehicle.