S63 AMG, S63 AMG 4Matic, S65 AMG (W222, V222) 2014 -2021
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW owner of MY15 S63 sedan, exhaust questions...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 01:13 PM

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
2016 GTS; 2021 G63; 2015 Range Rover Supercharged
NEW owner of MY15 S63 sedan, exhaust questions...

Dear MBworld community,

As of last week I'm a proud owner of a 2015 S63 sedan! Here are some details:

Magnetite Black
Seashell Grey Nappa Interior
CF Trim
20" wheels
Red painted calipers
Ill get some photos up when I get a few minutes.

So the mod bug has has already done its job. I've already ordered and received my adjustable lowering links and will get them installed in a few days.

As as far as exhaust goes, this beast is QUIET. My previous 2013 C63 was on the louder side and im trying to find out what the best way is to go for this car.

From what ive read, to get a more aggressive sounding exhaust, most of you will remove the secondary cats and the resonators and just straight pipe it where the resonators and secondary cats are removed.

And then, some will remove the secondary cats and resonators and use an X pipe in its place.

What is is the better option? Sound difference? Performance difference? Anything else I should know? Thanks again for all your help in advance! Looking forward to being a long timencommunity member here.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 S63 AMG, 2007 S65 AMG
Originally Posted by Bijan Kohan
Dear MBworld community,

As of last week I'm a proud owner of a 2015 S63 sedan! Here are some details:

Magnetite Black
Seashell Grey Nappa Interior
CF Trim
20" wheels
Red painted calipers
Ill get some photos up when I get a few minutes.

So the mod bug has has already done its job. I've already ordered and received my adjustable lowering links and will get them installed in a few days.

As as far as exhaust goes, this beast is QUIET. My previous 2013 C63 was on the louder side and im trying to find out what the best way is to go for this car.

From what ive read, to get a more aggressive sounding exhaust, most of you will remove the secondary cats and the resonators and just straight pipe it where the resonators and secondary cats are removed.

And then, some will remove the secondary cats and resonators and use an X pipe in its place.

What is is the better option? Sound difference? Performance difference? Anything else I should know? Thanks again for all your help in advance! Looking forward to being a long timencommunity member here.
Congrats on the purchase! The S63 is one of my favorite cars. I have a '16 coupe and the first thing I did was an AMR stage 1 tune. I absolutely love it, car is a beast. As far as exhaust, you get the most performance out of the downpipes. The catback is just for sound really. If you were looking to make it louder with gaining the most performance, I would get downpipes and a tune. The car will be night and day different.
Old 11-06-2017, 08:00 PM

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
S63
Congrats on the car, I love mine!

Not sure if you know this or not, but, the exhaust has an electronic valve that opens in S or M. It's closed in C, and the car is much quieter in that mode. I did a res delete, replaced with straight pipes. Cost only $160 and Sounds awesome!

Good luck.
Old 11-08-2017, 11:25 PM

Thank so much for the replies. I ended up removIng the resonators today and replacing them with straight pipes. I'm really not satisfied, the sound is barely louder. The exhaust shop did the work for me for $150. They said either I would need to replace the mufflers OR get a tune and get catless downpipes. What do you guys think?

if I go the muffler route, which brands have nice quality and sound at a fair price?

if I go with catless Downpipes and a tune, sure it would cost a few $k. Should I have a custom downpipe made or do you recommend an aftermarket one? Is AMR or Renntech better for the tune?

thanks in advance.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:39 AM

Thank so much for the replies. I ended up removIng the resonators today and replacing them with straight pipes. I'm really not satisfied, the sound is barely louder. The exhaust shop did the work for me for $150. They said either I would need to replace the mufflers OR get a tune and get catless downpipes. What do you guys think?

if I go the muffler route, which brands have nice quality and sound at a fair price?

if I go with catless Downpipes and a tune, sure it would cost a few $k. Should I have a custom downpipe made or do you recommend an aftermarket one? Is AMR or Renntech better for the tune?

thanks in advance.
Catless downpipes and tune would be the way to go for sure. I did my research before choosing what software company to go with and in my opinion, AMR is the better option. Renntech has been around for a long time, but because of that their research and development has fallen off and their pricing is outrageous. AMR has better gains for less money and honestly, their customer service is outstanding. Just from my experience with them, I can say that you will not regret going with AMR at all. Good luck!
Old 11-09-2017, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by dappersclass
Catless downpipes and tune would be the way to go for sure. I did my research before choosing what software company to go with and in my opinion, AMR is the better option. Renntech has been around for a long time, but because of that their research and development has fallen off and their pricing is outrageous. AMR has better gains for less money and honestly, their customer service is outstanding. Just from my experience with them, I can say that you will not regret going with AMR at all. Good luck!
Thanks for your input. What gains can be had Witt the AMR tune and catless down pipe? Also how is their pricing like? Thanks!
Old 11-09-2017, 04:06 PM

Thanks for your input. What gains can be had Witt the AMR tune and catless down pipe? Also how is their pricing like? Thanks!
I found pricing very reasonable. If I remember correctly I paid $2300 plus shipping and gained around 100hp and over 100tq from factory. The second the ECU was put back in the car was insane! It is such a noticeable difference it is unreal. Stage 2 I am sure you would see even more gains. Give my guy Matt over there a call, he will take care of you (203) 616-5130.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:19 PM

Received 170 Likes on 108 Posts
18 MB S63, 2022 911 Turbo S, 23 BMW M5C
Please post pics!!!!! Inside and out. I have a 2012 that I LOVE but I saw a silver/black one with 44k miles for $79k that tempted me the other day.

I was strong and remembered that I have 3 more years on the warranty I paid a lot of money for so I should just keep it for 3 more.

The 2015 updates are so great.
Old 11-10-2017, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by stever500
Please post pics!!!!! Inside and out. I have a 2012 that I LOVE but I saw a silver/black one with 44k miles for $79k that tempted me the other day.

I was strong and remembered that I have 3 more years on the warranty I paid a lot of money for so I should just keep it for 3 more.

The 2015 updates are so great.
Thank you! Mine is a 2015 with 33k miles, platinum certified, and I paid $90k. Please let me know what you think.

Please let me know what changed from 2014 to 2015. I understand that the '16 MY has a much nicer steering wheel.

Thanks.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
na
Any idea on the horsepower increase numbers? Hows the gas burn?
Old 11-16-2017, 02:07 AM

I know this is off the subject but I already ordered and installed my lowering links! Here are some pics of the front and rear wheel well gaps with the links adjusted on the lowest setting. For unknown reasons, the rear has 1.5 finger gap but the front has 2.5 finger gap which is bothering me. You can see below:

Front gap

Rear gap

Can anything be done to lower the front a bit more? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 11-19-2017, 02:15 PM

I figured it out. Have more room to go down a few rounds ��
Old 11-23-2017, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cls63 amg
Downpipes make the most power and free up sound as well, but for axle back the meisterchaft sounds pretty sick. I've installed 13 of them on the s63 and they all are bad *** !