S63 AMG 4MATIC transmission issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w222 s63 amg 4matic long wheelbase
S63 AMG 4MATIC transmission issue

Hi.
Have any of you guys experienced any issues with the transmisson on s63?

Im havin some trouble with mine, km 96.000.
It shift hard some times and takes time before it engage the clutch.

the dealer updated the software on engine end transmission and they could not find anything wrong but i still feel that there is something wrong.
Asked if they checked the oil level, but that was not neccesary because they could see the level on the diagnostics and if there was missing oil it would pop up fault codes. Sounds weired too me that they did not check it manual.

Is there any service interval on these transmissions? I believe it is called AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT 7-speed transmission.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:42 PM
Banned

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
2017 W222 AMG S63 Sedan.
Hi,

i just switched from a E63 to a 2017 S63 and both of these cars have the same Biturbo M157 engine and transmission.

it sounds like youbneed to reset your transmission software. It’s a very easy process and by doing so, it resets your driveing habits.

To reset, get into your car and push your start button 2 times and hit the gas paddle all the way down on hold it for 6 seconds, then turn the car off and let go of the brake. Wait for 3 minuets and then it’s reset and ready to go. Just remember to have all the doors closed ( no need to lock ). Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by Noclue1
Hi.

the dealer updated the software on engine end transmission and they could not find anything wrong but i still feel that there is something wrong.
Asked if they checked the oil level, but that was not neccesary because they could see the level on the diagnostics and if there was missing oil it would pop up fault codes. Sounds weired too me that they did not check it manual.

Is there any service interval on these transmissions? I believe it is called AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT 7-speed transmission.
Old 01-26-2018, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w222 s63 amg 4matic long wheelbase
Originally Posted by AMGNEEDSPEED
Hi,

i just switched from a E63 to a 2017 S63 and both of these cars have the same Biturbo M157 engine and transmission.

it sounds like youbneed to reset your transmission software. It’s a very easy process and by doing so, it resets your driveing habits.

To reset, get into your car and push your start button 2 times and hit the gas paddle all the way down on hold it for 6 seconds, then turn the car off and let go of the brake. Wait for 3 minuets and then it’s reset and ready to go. Just remember to have all the doors closed ( no need to lock ). Hope this helps.

I actually asked the tech about this, to reset the values. But he said he had to connect the diagnosis to the car and drive and teach in the gearbox, it would take some time and expensive.
Sounded like bull**** to me. Have owned several BMW M models with the smg, dkg, dct gearboxes and the reset of adaptions was done like in 10min on those by bmw service.
im going to try this reset procedure, but when does the brake part apply in?
Thanks
Old 01-26-2018, 09:31 PM
Banned

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
2017 W222 AMG S63 Sedan.
Sorry, I was in a hurry and mistyped. Just follow the instruction below:

I actually asked the tech about this, to reset the values. But he said he had to connect the diagnosis to the car and drive and teach in the gearbox, it would take some time and expensive.
Sounded like bull**** to me. Have owned several BMW M models with the smg, dkg, dct gearboxes and the reset of adaptions was done like in 10min on those by bmw service.
im going to try this reset procedure, but when does the brake part apply in?
Thanks
Old 03-09-2018, 07:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 S63, 1999 S500
Hi.

Transmission is a pickle on S63, no doubt. Reset does help. There're long treads about it on this forum. Someone recommended to drive the car aggressively occasionally, which seem to solve my problem with it. I aslo noticed it's getting clunkier if car is not driven regularly.