MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   S63 AMG, S63 AMG 4Matic, S65 AMG (W222, V222) (https://mbworld.org/forums/s63-amg-s63-amg-4matic-s65-amg-w222-v222-192/)
-   -   2019 S63 Sedan Software Glitch (https://mbworld.org/forums/s63-amg-s63-amg-4matic-s65-amg-w222-v222/721111-2019-s63-sedan-software-glitch.html)

purplewidow 09-13-2018 03:06 PM

2019 S63 Sedan Software Glitch

So apparently my fathers 2019 s63 sedan (which has been sitting at port in Miami apparently since mid-early August) has a software glitch and now they won't be releasing the 2019 until November when it was speculated it would be released within a few weeks.

Any info on this software glitch and what is going on?

Have any others received calls on their 2019 orders like this that are delayed?

I just ordered a 2019 c63s coupe myself and the delay on that is killing me.. probably have to wait until jan-feb for delivery on that beast.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

MTrauman 09-17-2018 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by purplewidow (Post 7553338)
So apparently my fathers 2019 s63 sedan (which has been sitting at port in Miami apparently since mid-early August) has a software glitch and now they won't be releasing the 2019 until November when it was speculated it would be released within a few weeks.

Any info on this software glitch and what is going on?

Have any others received calls on their 2019 orders like this that are delayed?

I just ordered a 2019 c63s coupe myself and the delay on that is killing me.. probably have to wait until jan-feb for delivery on that beast.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

I am not sure about the software glitch that you referenced.

As far as the delay, when I ordered my 2019 S63 for Euro Delivery in June I was told the earliest I could pick the car up in Europe was in late November so I would bet the delay has been in the works for some time since 6 months wait for a Euro Delivery is double the amount of time it normally takes. There has been lots of discussion on this forum about emission standards delaying cars whether it is US standards or the new European Standards that apparently went into effect this month.

purplewidow 11-17-2018 09:25 AM

So the car finally came in 2 days ago and my Dad is in Love with it.. Sadly it is going to be a week or 2 for delivery because some IDIOT truck driver took the car off the trailer too fast and did ~$3500 worth of damage to the undercarriage and the passenger side skirt.. Frame is fine but they had to order the parts from Germany and they said at least a week. They said it always happens to the expensive models never a base model.. such is life.. lol I hope my c63s coupe that comes in the spring will be spared and not go through this with bad transport resulting in damage.

MTrauman 11-17-2018 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by purplewidow (Post 7605911)
So the car finally came in 2 days ago and my Dad is in Love with it.. Sadly it is going to be a week or 2 for delivery because some IDIOT truck driver took the car off the trailer too fast and did ~$3500 worth of damage to the undercarriage and the passenger side skirt.. Frame is fine but they had to order the parts from Germany and they said at least a week. They said it always happens to the expensive models never a base model.. such is life.. lol I hope my c63s coupe that comes in the spring will be spared and not go through this with bad transport resulting in damage.

That is a bummer. This exact same thing happened to one of my S550s a few years back and it delayed delivery for 2 weeks--my damage was at the rear area just behind the rear wheels and the bottom of the rear bumper area. The good thing is they told your dad about it. They also told me about it right away when the driver damaged it in the dealer parking lot. I believe this is very common although dealers do not want to tell you it is very common.

purplewidow 11-17-2018 02:35 PM

brutal it happened to your car as well. You would think the driver would be extra focused at that time but it happens.. what can you do?