Sponsored by:

Eurocharged Tune for my 2015 S65

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes AMG S65
Smile Eurocharged Tune for my 2015 S65

Ordered a tune from Eurocharged for my 2015 S65 Sedan. They supplied me with a My Genius Tuner. I loaded the original S/W from the car and emailed it to them. After examining the S/W they advised me that the programmer I had contained outdated S/W. I had to remove, and send in the ECU so they could update my My Genius. When they received my ECU they uploaded the S/W and then returned it to me so I could drive the car. After they upgraded the My Genius, they sent it back with the new tune in it for me to upload directly into the ECU. The whole process was frustrating and took some time, but eventually I was ready to install it. I live in Battle Ground, WA and the weather here has been really horrible so I missed many infrequent times when I could have driven with the new tune casuisng additional frustration. At the behest of several folks on this Board I had the car dyno' d before and after. The car produced 558 HP and 710 Ft Lbs of Torque at the rear wheels stock. After the tune the dyno run showed 602 Hp and 800 ft lbs of Torque at the Rear Wheels. I had actually expected more, bu the "butt dyno" tells the real story. I installed new tires after the first dyno session and made sure I had the tires warm before do in a real street pull. Witht hte car in "S" mode and the traction control off, no burnout and just leaving off the brake and then to full throttle. The tires stick and the acceleration just keeps on coming. The midrange is overwhelming. So much so that the 0-60 time really doesn't matter to me. I really don't know how to get an accurate 0-60 time since I am not good at operating a stop watch and driving this beast. The real proof came over the weekend on an overnight round trip to my granddaughter's birthday in Seattle. Have had this much fun in years. As the previous owner of a tuned 2006 Sl 65 and a stock 2007 S 65 I have experienced the smooth performance of the V12, but had probably forgotten a bit of the experience. People here (and most places tend to avoid the right lane, no matter how many lanes there are. I don't. Driving at traffic speed between 10 and 85 mph, the exhilaration of the smooth pull from that speed to over 115 as I passed cars and then slow back down to 80 slowly gave way to doing the same and then...... NOT slowing back down to 80. With a K-40 front and back built in Radar Detector and Laser Jammer it was a calculated risk that worked. Comfortable and confident I watched the minutes peel off of the estimated arrival time to my destination at an alarming rate. While attending my youngest grandchild's birthday was certainly fun, it couldn't match the ride to and from. Thank you Solomon for persisting. The car is also lowered 45mm using the latest Renntech lowering module.

Cheers
Old 03-04-2019, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 158 Likes on 127 Posts
NB8 PARACHUTE
`

Great update -

The S65 is now the car that you

wanted all along -

And the exhaust sound...

Solomon at Eurocharged is great

to work with -

Enjoy -

Thank-You
D.B.

Old 03-04-2019, 11:40 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by COOPERDB
`

Great update -

The S65 is now the car that you

wanted all along -

And the exhaust sound...

Solomon at Eurocharged is great

to work with -

Enjoy -

Thank-You
D.B.

Sent ya a message
Old 03-05-2019, 09:53 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
2018 S63, lowered
I DO miss the raw power/torque of the V12. The 65 accelerates from any speed with zero effort.......it makes you think it's barely even trying, all the time. The car didn't even need to downshift to make you raise an eyebrow......and if it did downshift even one gear you were into triple digits before you could even put your turn signal on. I've had both the V12 (220 and a 221) and now the V8-BiTurbo (222) and I'll tell you nothing has ever felt as fast as my 65.

Congrats on your ride and your tune!! I'm envious!
Old 04-09-2019, 12:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 S65 AMG (current), 2016 C63 S AMG (sold)
What does this tune run$$? I see they have a engine and transmission tune? Did you do both? Thanks

Last edited by MattDaddy; 04-09-2019 at 12:53 PM.
Old 04-09-2019, 01:03 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by MattDaddy
What does this tune run$$? I see they have a engine and transmission tune? Did you do both? Thanks
message me and I’ll take care of you