2015 s63 wheel housing clicking noise when turning in park

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 s63 AMG
Unhappy 2015 s63 wheel housing clicking noise when turning in park

Hello everyone I am new to this forum,

I just bought an s63 from North Carolina and drove it 2k miles to Vegas. The car started to make this clicking sound when it is in park or parking at very slow speeds. The clicking sound is coming when i turn the wheels either left or right. It is not a nocking noise. Ive been trying to find something online but i can't seem to find the exact issue i am dealing with. The car drives smooth, no noises or grinding while driving. It is only when i am moving the steering wheel while the car is stationary or being slowly parked. If anyone could help with this issue i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

i will post a video soon
Old 05-04-2019, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
S-class

Today’s your lucky day! I had the same problem a few months ago. Here’ is what the dealer did to have that fixed. Hope that help.
Originally Posted by Laurenc Kodra
Hello everyone I am new to this forum,

I just bought an s63 from North Carolina and drove it 2k miles to Vegas. The car started to make this clicking sound when it is in park or parking at very slow speeds. The clicking sound is coming when i turn the wheels either left or right. It is not a nocking noise. Ive been trying to find something online but i can't seem to find the exact issue i am dealing with. The car drives smooth, no noises or grinding while driving. It is only when i am moving the steering wheel while the car is stationary or being slowly parked. If anyone could help with this issue i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

i will post a video soon
The following users liked this post:
Hedges (07-05-2019)
Old 05-05-2019, 08:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 S63 Sedan
For me, it was a Center Cap on the Driver Front Wheel at 600 miles on a new 2017 S63. The MB dealer wanted to replace the entire front axle...until I laughed loudly and figured it out. After fixing the wire ring in the Center Cap, it kept coming back until I replaced the Center Cap.

Originally Posted by phatisfy

Today’s your lucky day! I had the same problem a few months ago. Here’ is what the dealer did to have that fixed. Hope that help.