Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Concerns about Sarasota Mercedes Dealer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 08:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 194 Likes on 167 Posts
16 E550 Cab, 2003 Ram bright red crewcab 4x4 we call Clifford :)
Concerns about Sarasota Mercedes Dealer

Their automatic car wash has curbed the rims on our brand 2016 E550 Cab twice....

Noticed both driver side rims where lightly damaged a few weeks back.... odd that it was that side and not the passenger side where the curb would be when you park it on the street..... the only place that touches the right side is the car wash rail at the dealer.... hhmmm

So Saturday we go back and talk to one of the lot boys at the dealership before he brings it in for a wash and he notes the damage, we can't prove it was done here and admit that but he says we always check now because of previous damage... hhmm

He runs it through and we check it out. MORE DAMAGE! ARGH

He gets the service manager and they offer to fix the rims.....

Car is less than 6 month's old and less than 5kmiles. I want new rims and for them to fix the machine. The lot boy confirms this is happening more than the service guy is admitting.

Looks like we have to negotiate with the service director. Waiting on that call.

Am I asking too much to get new rims ?

Mike
Old 04-18-2016, 09:50 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
GLA45 AMG 2016
I don't think you are asking too much. I would be doing the same thing. The part that bothers me the most is they seem well aware of the problem and they do nothing about it.

good luck!

Last edited by toobrokeforC63; 04-18-2016 at 09:56 AM.
Old 04-18-2016, 11:50 AM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 62 Posts
Speedriven
They should be able to simply swap wheels with another car in the dealership, no? Assuming the "repair" would make the wheels good as new, what's the issue there?

Seems like you're being more than reasonable. I'd be ... let's just say "less mature about the situation." LOL!!

Old 04-18-2016, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 194 Likes on 167 Posts
16 E550 Cab, 2003 Ram bright red crewcab 4x4 we call Clifford :)
no ones called me back... not that surprised... I called a Sales guy we worked with who has been pretty straight up with us. He says no way they will the put new rims on it and to be happy they will fix it like new.

Hmmm he needs to convince my wife It's her car after all...
Old 04-24-2016, 12:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 C320
That is kind of surprising. Not that happened but how they handled it. I dont work for a MB dealer but i do work at dealership and we would do the same thing if the damage is cosmetic and nothing else. That being said we dont sell cars that cost over 100 thousand dollars. MB dealers should be at much higher level than us and i would expect new wheels as well.

As far as the lot porter goes. Those guys are not generally in the know as to what is going on in the shops and 9 times out of ten are just repeating something they heard that has very little or no truth. Our porters are not allowed to interact with the customer for that reason.

Go in there and ask for their factory reps ( we call them engineers dont know MB calls them) contact info. I am pretty sure you will get new wheels before they give you his or her info. If not the rep will make do it and then a few weeks of hell will ensue in the shop cause its our fault of course. That's what would happen with my manufacture anyway. We only have one car that is over 100k and if that happened to one of them it would get new wheels with out even a second thought.

As far as swapping with a new car, that's a big no no, not sure why i think it has something to do with some law, you can swap new for new but not used to new no matter how many miles the used wheels may not have.