C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 12:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
F150
So just curious... And maybe I should start a whole new thread... But I know many of you are either waiting to receive or build a new c63 coupe. What color combo and options are you guys going with? I'm constantly battling color choices, interior color, and which options are must haves and worth the $$$ and which ones are just personal preference.
I'm patiently waiting to get the build specs for US. Initially I was going to go with the selenite grey metallic but seems like that is going to be a "popular" choice and I like to be different. I have a love hate thing going with the Dakota brown. It catches my eye every time I see it on other Mercedes BUT I don't feel it is a "sporty" color and not sure it would compliment the coupe well. I dunno. I personally like the diamond stitched interior. Porcelain or saddle brown? Regular or performance seats? Hud or no hud? So many options!!

Anyway, what are all of you doing and why "if u have a specific reason"
Old 04-15-2016, 01:54 PM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
C63S Coupe/Range Rover Vogue SE
Originally Posted by Fleece82
So just curious... And maybe I should start a whole new thread... But I know many of you are either waiting to receive or build a new c63 coupe. What color combo and options are you guys going with? I'm constantly battling color choices, interior color, and which options are must haves and worth the $$$ and which ones are just personal preference.
I'm patiently waiting to get the build specs for US. Initially I was going to go with the selenite grey metallic but seems like that is going to be a "popular" choice and I like to be different. I have a love hate thing going with the Dakota brown. It catches my eye every time I see it on other Mercedes BUT I don't feel it is a "sporty" color and not sure it would compliment the coupe well. I dunno. I personally like the diamond stitched interior. Porcelain or saddle brown? Regular or performance seats? Hud or no hud? So many options!!

I've gone with Selenite Grey and Red Pepper with carbon fibre trim for the interior. In terms of specs mine is only missing CCB's and the Carbon exterior trim (night package instead).
This is partly because I'm a sucker for the tech like distronic etc (though I do find it quite useful actually), but also because in the UK they group options into packages that can't be chosen separately (for example if I want the burmester sound system I have to get the pano roof, ILS, keyless-go and leather dashboard as well)
Performance seats are standard for us as well but after testing two C63 saloons that had each type of seat I'm a big fan of the perf. seats, they take some getting used to but they look awesome and give a great balance of support and comfort.
The hud is really personal preference, it's a bit of a gimmick but it does have that 'wow' factor (especially in AMG display mode) and when I used it it was quite useful being able to see essential info while keeping my eyes on the road.

Saddle brown interior isn't available for the coupe (though it appears to be available on the cabriolet as two-tone interior). Options we can help you with, but thing about exterior/interior choices is that it's really up to you, you'll be the one driving the car and admiring it everyday

Hope that helped you a bit, anything more specific to ask I'll try and help again
Old 04-15-2016, 02:30 PM

F150
Originally Posted by Trim105
I've gone with Selenite Grey and Red Pepper with carbon fibre trim for the interior. In terms of specs mine is only missing CCB's and the Carbon exterior trim (night package instead).
This is partly because I'm a sucker for the tech like distronic etc (though I do find it quite useful actually), but also because in the UK they group options into packages that can't be chosen separately (for example if I want the burmester sound system I have to get the pano roof, ILS, keyless-go and leather dashboard as well)
Performance seats are standard for us as well but after testing two C63 saloons that had each type of seat I'm a big fan of the perf. seats, they take some getting used to but they look awesome and give a great balance of support and comfort.
The hud is really personal preference, it's a bit of a gimmick but it does have that 'wow' factor (especially in AMG display mode) and when I used it it was quite useful being able to see essential info while keeping my eyes on the road.

Saddle brown interior isn't available for the coupe (though it appears to be available on the cabriolet as two-tone interior). Options we can help you with, but thing about exterior/interior choices is that it's really up to you, you'll be the one driving the car and admiring it everyday

Hope that helped you a bit, anything more specific to ask I'll try and help again
Thanks for the input! I really like your choice of color combo. Like I said, selenite was my initial color of choice and may still end up being what I go with. Though the brilliant blue also looks good in the pics. And of course the brown sits in the back of my mind just b/c it's just different. I didn't realize the saddle brown interior wasn't available for the coupe. Guess that eliminates one choice!! Lol! I haven't had a chance to sit in the perf seats but seems that mostly everyone who has them is happy with them. So I'm thinking it will be a checked box once I can build. Again, thanks for the input. I like hearing about what others chose, reasons for their choices, and opinions on certain options. Enjoy the car and post some pics once you get her!
Old 04-15-2016, 02:47 PM

Thanks for the input! I really like your choice of color combo. Like I said, selenite was my initial color of choice and may still end up being what I go with. Though the brilliant blue also looks good in the pics. And of course the brown sits in the back of my mind just b/c it's just different. I didn't realize the saddle brown interior wasn't available for the coupe. Guess that eliminates one choice!! Lol! I haven't had a chance to sit in the perf seats but seems that mostly everyone who has them is happy with them. So I'm thinking it will be a checked box once I can build. Again, thanks for the input. I like hearing about what others chose, reasons for their choices, and opinions on certain options. Enjoy the car and post some pics once you get her!
No problem, happy to help! Thanks! You really can't go wrong with the selenite, it's a beautiful colour but like Sanch said just before, they've done wonders with 'brilliant blue', it's quite a stunning colour, also the coupe just looks truly menacing in obsidian black. One more elimination of options as I haven't seen brown as an available exterior either (would've been very different and interesting as you say though)

Will definitely post some pics once she finally arrives, 2 more months to go hopefully!
Old 04-15-2016, 02:55 PM

One more picture to bring you over to the selenite side

Old 04-15-2016, 03:39 PM

F150
No problem, happy to help! Thanks! You really can't go wrong with the selenite, it's a beautiful colour but like Sanch said just before, they've done wonders with 'brilliant blue', it's quite a stunning colour, also the coupe just looks truly menacing in obsidian black. One more elimination of options as I haven't seen brown as an available exterior either (would've been very different and interesting as you say though)

Will definitely post some pics once she finally arrives, 2 more months to go hopefully!
No brown exterior!!?? Damn! Well then your right.. One less option! I just been gauging off what is available for the c63s sedan and the new c300 coupe build available on the mbusa sight. My GLA 45 is black. And while it looks great when its shiny and clean, it's sooo hard/nearly impossible to keep shiny and clean here where I live! Needless to say, I think my stent with black vehicles is over!! Lol!
Thanks again!
Old 04-15-2016, 03:41 PM

F150

Man that selenite is sexy! I originally was sold on the black wheels but those silver ones really pop against that grey!
Old 04-17-2016, 05:22 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
C204 C250-CDI

This selenite coupe thread is driving me bananas, I mean that in a good way lol as this car/colour combo is just so drop dead sexy and gorgeous it's not funny, even that pic above of a dirty example looks damn good

Also glad to see someone else besides myself point out that the silver wheels look great as opposed to black which every man and his dog seem to going for these days, especially on a colour like the selenite grey that's definitely the better wheel finish choice
Old 04-17-2016, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
The last thing you want to do is regret your decision. Get Brilliant Blue.

Old 04-17-2016, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
The last thing you want to do is regret your decision. Get Brilliant Blue.

Damn, best rear end!!!!
Old 04-20-2016, 11:55 AM

Well great news from my dealership -_-

May build, 2-3 months build and delivery time

And so my long wait becomes even longer, I'm definitely asking for compensation of some kind for this misinformation. Whoever told then to tell me it was coming in March in the first place should be sacked.
Old 04-20-2016, 06:34 PM

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
BMW X5

And so my long wait becomes even longer, I'm definitely asking for compensation of some kind for this misinformation. Whoever told then to tell me it was coming in March in the first place should be sacked.
Eyes on the prize Trim105. We'll get there mate, and then we can post photos of ourselves driving around with big smiles on our faces until our hearts content
Old 04-20-2016, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s

July/ Aug isn't too bad... It will be well worth it at the end!

I think March was wishful thinking on their end.... AMG Coupe dealer demos haven't even arrived yet.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 263 Posts
2017 Porsche 911 C4
I just got a call from my dealer today saying that they've received an allocation for a C63S Coupe -- they're saying production in the first decade of August, with delivery in early September. This is North America btw.

I'm going to spec out the Coupe at the dealer this weekend and lock down the allocation.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:34 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
C63BS
Originally Posted by AlexZTuned
I just got a call from my dealer today saying that they've received an allocation for a C63S Coupe -- they're saying production in the first decade of August, with delivery in early September. This is North America btw.

I'm going to spec out the Coupe at the dealer this weekend and lock down the allocation.
Congrats!! Any idea on how pricing will be? Paying MSRP? Below? Above?
Old 04-20-2016, 10:27 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
S550

MBUSA moves slower than a snail drunk off molasses trying to climb an ice hill in the middle of January...stay patient man.
Old 04-21-2016, 03:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s

Can't go wrong with black
Attached Thumbnails Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-mercedes-amg-c-63-coupe-c205-c851630092015122937_1.jpg   Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-80-12750291_1080275315383809_656221806_n_2e83a391c353d614fe0105bb66dcd83b84cfb312.jpg  
Old 04-21-2016, 08:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 Porsche 911 C4
Originally Posted by darkus
No idea on pricing yet - my guess is that it'll be released by the end of this month or early next.

I plan on doing European Delivery, so I'm hoping the Coupe is eligible for a discount (up to 7% off MSRP). These Coupes aren't going to be flying off the shelves here in Boston, so I wouldn't expect to pay over MSRP (nor would I expect to pay under, assuming no ED delivery).
Old 04-21-2016, 08:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
bmw m3
So I've been told delivery date is confirmed for end of June, beginning of July.

This is the worlds longest wait.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Originally Posted by darkus
Well my advice would be to never buy an AMG for above or MSRP. Depreciation will catch you quick! Particularly now that the brand is being diluted. GL
Old 04-21-2016, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 Coupe P31, waiting on W205 Coupe S
I saw one yesterday in Fort Lauderdale while having lunch. It was a C63S coupe in white with the red interior, pano roof, black 19" wheels with the AMG red brakes (no CCBs). It was driven by an extremely beautiful woman...

Last edited by jdlnmia; 04-21-2016 at 08:09 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-22-2016, 02:51 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe
I have placed my order for the c63s coupe yesterday ! It will be an August build and September delivery, normally was planned for december , but there's a new production starting august, my luck !
Old 04-24-2016, 08:52 AM

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
BMW X5
So I happened to pass a few dealers today and saw the standard coupe sitting in the yard. One was outside so took some pics. I know it's not the AMG version (or selenite metallic), but I tell you what even this got the heart pumping seeing it in the metal. The lines of the window and sides of the car just look stunning, and the rear end is even better than what the photos look like. Can't wait to see the first C63 in person.
Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-photo420.jpgMercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-photo178.jpgMercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-photo276.jpgMercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-photo970.jpg
Old 04-24-2016, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 Porsche 911 C4
I officially put down a deposit on the C63S Coupe! For those of us in the US who got the first allocations, expect the first batch of deliveries to start in September.

Here are the specs of my order:

992 - Selenite Grey - 992 (or course!)
811+555 - Black w/ Grey Accents and Silver Seatbelts
736 - Natural Grain Black Ash Wood
767 – AMG Black Cross-Spoke Forged High-Performance 19” front/20” rear
Red Brake Calipers with Black Lettering (Standard on C63S)
281 – AMG Performance Steering Wheel w/DINAMICA inserts (Standard on C63S)
Panorama Sunroof (standard on C63/C63S)

P01 - Premium 1 Package (standard on C63S)
218 – Rear View Camera
􏰀234 – Blind Spot Assist
􏰀536 – SiriusXM® Satellite Radio
􏰀810 – Burmester® Surround Sound System 􏰀
889 – KEYLESS-GO

P02 - Premium 2 Package:
531 – COMAND Navigation and Voice Control
􏰀502 – Navigation Map Updates included for 3 years
􏰀5 years Traffic and Weather Services (provided by SiriusXM®)
8.4” High- Resolution Screen
􏰀448 - Touchpad
P17 – Hands-Free Access
􏰀500 – Power Folding Mirrors
877 – Ambient Lighting
􏰀881 – Electronic Trunk Closer

P03 – Premium 3 Package (includes all P01 and P02 package plus):
233 – DISTRONIC PLUS with Steering Assist
􏰀237 – Active Blind Spot Assist replaces (234) Blind Spot Assist 􏰀 238 – Active Lane Keeping Assist
􏰀253 – PRE-SAFE Plus
􏰀P21 – AIR BALANCE
􏰀640 – Dynamic LED Headlights
􏰀608 – Adaptive Highbeam Assist

996 – Parking Assist Package
235 – PARKTRONIC with Active Parking Assist
501 - Surround View Camera

555 - AMG Performance Seats
463 - Head-Up Display w/AMG Specific Content
U78 - AMG Performance Exhaust

No idea on pricing yet -- I'll keep you guys posted though!

The only thing that I'm really disappointed about is how MB has bundled the premium packages. In order to get the nice looking Dynamic LED Headlights (instead of those ugly single LED's), you HAVE to buy Premium 3 package which has nothing I want except for the upgraded lighting (and Premium 3 includes all the driver aid options like Distrionic Plus, and it includes all of Premium 1 & 2, so it'll probably cost a fortune). The Dynamic LED Headlights are a $800 standalone option on the Sedan, so there's no excuse for only having it available with the Coupe in the most expensive Premium package!

For those that don't know the visual difference:

Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-ogjyova.jpg

Pics of my configuration:

Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-mqct472.jpg
Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-xrb8jq0.jpg
Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-qed6bdv.jpg
Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-hdfieys.jpg
Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-dyp2opw.jpg
Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-0hv5p5z.jpg
Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-eevjebd.jpg
Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-h8hputa.jpg
Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-gfpj6yl.jpg
Old 04-24-2016, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by AlexZTuned
I officially put down a deposit on the C63S Coupe! For those of us in the US who got the first allocations, expect the first batch of deliveries to start in September.

Here are the specs of my order:

992 - Selenite Grey - 992 (or course!)
811+555 - Black w/ Grey Accents and Silver Seatbelts
736 - Natural Grain Black Ash Wood
767 – AMG Black Cross-Spoke Forged High-Performance 19” front/20” rear
Red Brake Calipers with Black Lettering (Standard on C63S)
281 – AMG Performance Steering Wheel w/DINAMICA inserts (Standard on C63S)
Panorama Sunroof (standard on C63/C63S)

P01 - Premium 1 Package (standard on C63S)
218 – Rear View Camera
􏰀234 – Blind Spot Assist
􏰀536 – SiriusXM® Satellite Radio
􏰀810 – Burmester® Surround Sound System 􏰀
889 – KEYLESS-GO

P02 - Premium 2 Package:
531 – COMAND Navigation and Voice Control
􏰀502 – Navigation Map Updates included for 3 years
􏰀5 years Traffic and Weather Services (provided by SiriusXM®)
8.4” High- Resolution Screen
􏰀448 - Touchpad
P17 – Hands-Free Access
􏰀500 – Power Folding Mirrors
877 – Ambient Lighting
􏰀881 – Electronic Trunk Closer

P03 – Premium 3 Package (includes all P01 and P02 package plus):
233 – DISTRONIC PLUS with Steering Assist
􏰀237 – Active Blind Spot Assist replaces (234) Blind Spot Assist 􏰀 238 – Active Lane Keeping Assist
􏰀253 – PRE-SAFE Plus
􏰀P21 – AIR BALANCE
􏰀640 – Dynamic LED Headlights
􏰀608 – Adaptive Highbeam Assist

996 – Parking Assist Package
235 – PARKTRONIC with Active Parking Assist
501 - Surround View Camera

555 - AMG Performance Seats
463 - Head-Up Display w/AMG Specific Content
U78 - AMG Performance Exhaust

No idea on pricing yet -- I'll keep you guys posted though!

The only thing that I'm really disappointed about is how MB has bundled the premium packages. In order to get the nice looking Dynamic LED Headlights (instead of those ugly single LED's), you HAVE to buy Premium 3 package which has nothing I want except for the upgraded lighting (and Premium 3 includes all the driver aid options like Distrionic Plus, and it includes all of Premium 1 & 2, so it'll probably cost a fortune). The Dynamic LED Headlights are a $800 standalone option on the Sedan, so there's no excuse for only having it available with the Coupe in the most expensive Premium package!

For those that don't know the visual difference:

Pics of my configuration:

Great spec! Quite similar to mine except red pepper seats and carbon fibre trim for me. I'm liking the improved online configurator as well but selenite looks quite dark on the US configurator

colour in the UK configurator looks a little closer to the real thing:

Last edited by Trim105; 04-24-2016 at 08:47 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)