C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 07:24 PM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
C63S Coupe/Range Rover Vogue SE
Originally Posted by Uga Uga
Hi guys, I have deliberated for a few days over the Brilliant Blue, and decided to come back to the Selenite fold, that is if you guys will have me back

In all honesty, the Brilliant Blue did not sit well with me, especially combined with the night pack.

Two very strong colours. Brilliant Blue is nice but I have my doubts whether I can keep it for as long as intend having this car.

So I'm back. Hooray.
Of course we'll have you back mate You made the right decision

Saw a regular coupe in selenite parked yesterday and it looked fantastic.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:48 PM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by AlexZTuned
For what it's worth, almost all of my previous cars have been blue - my B5 S4 was Nogaro Blue, then I had a E39 540i in Orient Blue Metallic (a much darker blue, but blue nonetheless), and a E92 335i in Montego Blue Metallic.

Clearly my favorite color is blue, but as I've aged over the years, my preferences have changed quite a bit. When I was in my late teens and 20's, I had no problem driving a bright blue car -- but nowadays, I've been much more drawn to neutral colors, especially dark silvers/greys. I feel they show the lines of cars better, particularly with the Coupe, without shouting "look at me".

Selenite Grey allows you to fly a bit more under the radar, but should I feel the need for some attention (as if the Coupe wouldn't draw enough attention), just press the loud button on the performance exhaust and put your foot in it!
Certainly. My C43 won't have nearly the growl of your 63's, but it does at least come with an optional AMG Performance Exhaust (unlike the C450s), which should enhance the sound a bit. I had my dealer confirm with his AMG colleague it was a true dual exhaust with the console button, so that's a plus. I'm curious to find out if the Coupe sounding better than its Sedan counterpart will transfer over to the C43s as well. I've toyed with the thought of a true AMG 63 instead, but I really need the AWD as it my daily driver and I see some rough winters here. Hope you 63 guys won't give me too much flack as I tag along in this thread...the 43 ordering window doesn't open until August, dealer was hopeful for an October delivery from Europe.

I've locked down the decision for Saddle Brown interior, I'm just undecided now between the Selenite and the Brilliant Blue. Seems this has become a popular predicament here! I'll be following along as you all get your rides...although the 43 doesn't look as aggressive on the outside, it's at least an okay middle ground from the regular Couoe and your photos will help to inform my decision. Hope you all get your wheels soon!

Last edited by inhartwetrust; 05-31-2016 at 08:51 PM.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 263 Posts
2017 Porsche 911 C4
Originally Posted by inhartwetrust
Certainly. My C43 won't have nearly the growl of your 63's, but it does at least come with an optional AMG Performance Exhaust (unlike the C450s), which should enhance the sound a bit. I had my dealer confirm with his AMG colleague it was a true dual exhaust with the console button, so that's a plus. I'm curious to find out if the Coupe sounding better than its Sedan counterpart will transfer over to the C43s as well. I've toyed with the thought of a true AMG 63 instead, but I really need the AWD as it my daily driver and I see some rough winters here. Hope you 63 guys won't give me too much flack as I tag along in this thread...the 43 ordering window doesn't open until August, dealer was hopeful for an October delivery from Europe.

I've locked down the decision for Saddle Brown interior, I'm just undecided now between the Selenite and the Brilliant Blue. Seems this has become a popular predicament here! I'll be following along as you all get your rides...although the 43 doesn't look as aggressive on the outside, it's at least an okay middle ground from the regular Couoe and your photos will help to inform my decision. Hope you all get your wheels soon!
I can't find the article or source, but I believe I remember a quote from Tobias Moers that the C63 Coupe does in fact have a more aggressive exhaust note than the sedan. They really put a big emphasis on sport for the Coupe, so it wouldn't surprise me if even the C43 AMG gets a slightly more aggressive exhaust.

FWIW, the C43 AMG sounds really good! The 2.7T V6 in my S4 sounded amazing (with the help of an aftermarket exhaust), but I think the C43 is on par with the supercharged V6 in the F-Type... and that's one of the best sounding V6's I've heard.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:10 PM

No flak need be given, we're all friends here buddy

Good choice with the saddle brown interior, shame it's not available in the UK with the 63 coupe as I might have considered it myself.

I personally think the selenite will go better with the saddle brown interior, but thing about car colours is its all relative and down you in the end, you'll be looking at and using the car everyday!
Old 05-31-2016, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Trim105
No flak need be given, we're all friends here buddy

Good choice with the saddle brown interior, shame it's not available in the UK with the 63 coupe as I might have considered it myself.

I personally think the selenite will go better with the saddle brown interior, but thing about car colours is its all relative and down you in the end, you'll be looking at and using the car everyday!
Agreed, it's really a nice match.

Old 06-01-2016, 03:48 AM

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts
2019C63S coupe
Agreed, it's really a nice match.

Now that is a really nice combo.

I had a mountain grey GLA with hazelnut brown leather, wonderful combo.

As Trim said, we are all here because of our passion for fine cars and, to share ideas and experiences.

Last edited by Uga Uga; 06-01-2016 at 03:53 AM.
Old 06-01-2016, 03:53 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GTR
Have you seen/heard this video? It sounds mental. AMG added a lot of drama with the musical exhaust tone and crazy backfires.

The following users liked this post:
inhartwetrust (06-02-2016)
Old 06-01-2016, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Genoshin
Have you seen/heard this video? It sounds mental. AMG added a lot of drama with the musical exhaust tone and crazy backfires.

https://youtu.be/OPm8jGhms2g
I actually had seen it, but thanks for posting! The C450 owners on the other board are saying it sounds the exact same as their 450's so I'm still a bit unsure of how much (if any better) the optional AMG Performance Exhaust will sound. To me, I thought it had a bit more growl, but who knows.
Old 06-02-2016, 01:27 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by Uga Uga
Hi guys, I have deliberated for a few days over the Brilliant Blue, and decided to come back to the Selenite fold, that is if you guys will have me back

In all honesty, the Brilliant Blue did not sit well with me, especially combined with the night pack.

Two very strong colours. Brilliant Blue is nice but I have my doubts whether I can keep it for as long as intend having this car.

So I'm back. Hooray.
Welcome back
Initially my order was brilliant blue, I saw one in the showroom and was sold.
But after 2 weeks I thought alot about it and decided to take selenite grey , as its more of a discrete color, more under the radar, I live in a small town where I never see an AMG vehicle, If i would be living in Miami or smth then I would take the Brilliant blue.
It all comes down to life situations and personal choices, but anybody who is doubting about the selenite grey , I have seen the C63s coupe, and I can assure you if you pick this color u wont be dissapointed its really a beautiful grey ! Its also a color to spend more years with it, I think with the blue it will get dull after a couple of yrs. Either way this car is so sexy imo, even if its like a purple color it would still look damn good :p
Uga Uga (06-02-2016)
Old 06-02-2016, 01:50 PM

What has helped to keep me in the Selenite Grey camp and avoid the Brilliant Blue is how many Kia's, Hyundai's, Honda's, etc I have seen in this color and it looks so absurdly "try hardy" that it makes me shake my head in disgust. This has only been since last weekend when I started considering Brilliant Blue, too. Sure, the AMG would pull it off much better...but it just isn't my style. As a result, I will without a doubt be sticking to Selenite because I don't want to look desperate for attention...
Old 06-02-2016, 02:57 PM

What has helped to keep me in the Selenite Grey camp and avoid the Brilliant Blue is how many Kia's, Hyundai's, Honda's, etc I have seen in this color and it looks so absurdly "try hardy" that it makes me shake my head in disgust. This has only been since last weekend when I started considering Brilliant Blue, too. Sure, the AMG would pull it off much better...but it just isn't my style. As a result, I will without a doubt be sticking to Selenite because I don't want to look desperate for attention...
U have made a wise choice !
Old 06-02-2016, 03:02 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 E63 AMG
Sweet!!
Old 06-04-2016, 08:16 AM

Some more pics to whet the appetite of the selenite crowd:

The following 2 users liked this post by Trim105:
AlexZTuned (06-07-2016), Highbar (06-05-2016)
Old 06-04-2016, 09:47 AM

Damn that's a great looking car/color. Is that rear spoiler wrapped in gross black?
Old 06-05-2016, 02:41 AM

Damn that's a great looking car/color. Is that rear spoiler wrapped in gross black?
It sure is ! This one has the night package, that doesnt make the rear spoiler black, looks like its wrapped or smth. I didnt go with night package instead I got the full carbon exterior.
Old 06-05-2016, 10:43 AM

It is indeed. Honestly cannot wait for mine, It's promising seeing more and more popping up in the wild. I'm not sure about the spoiler, it could be the camera angles making it look darker or as Highbar suggested its been wrapped to match the rest of the night package trim elements.
Old 06-05-2016, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Some more pics to whet the appetite of the selenite crowd:

TRIM, great pics mate. Thank you for sharing... The the best looking grey thus far! (IMO)

These are unedited too, they look really good!
Old 06-06-2016, 11:23 AM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
A45 AMG
Guys, Configuration is open in The middle east. Will i able to but the edition 1 in grey ad delete those ugly stickers?
Old 06-06-2016, 02:35 PM

Received 97 Likes on 90 Posts
911 991 TTS, Audi RS6 C7 Performance Edition, AMG GTS
In the UK you can currently delete the decals but even if you can't in the middle east you can always take them off Personally - I like them but perhaps not on the grey car.
Old 06-06-2016, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 Porsche 911 C4
Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-6jqhzrg.jpg
Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-qddxw70.jpg
Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-9mpkmm2.jpg
Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-oyvapw7.jpg
Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-pqjrb1j.jpg
Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-fflvusf.jpg
Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-ymxuq7m.jpg
Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-xdfhish.jpg
Trim105 (06-06-2016)
Old 06-06-2016, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bashar Halabi
Guys, Configuration is open in The middle east. Will i able to but the edition 1 in grey ad delete those ugly stickers?
Originally Posted by DragonRR
In the UK you can currently delete the decals but even if you can't in the middle east you can always take them off Personally - I like them but perhaps not on the grey car.
Here's a set of shots of a selenite Edition 1 (with a broken front splitter; whoops) and the side stripes are barely noticeable, not sure why the buyer even bothered.

Bashar, as Dragon said, even if you can't remove them from the order they can always be taken off afterwards.

AlexZTuned (06-06-2016)
Old 06-06-2016, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 Porsche 911 C4
Here's a set of shots of a selenite Edition 1 (with a broken front splitter; whoops) and the side stripes are barely noticeable, not sure why the buyer even bothered.

Bashar, as Dragon said, even if you can't remove them from the order they can always be taken off afterwards.
Interesting that Coupe is spec'd with Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires -- I recall seeing an option for Super Performance tires on the ordering guide I have, so I assume you'll be getting these if you tick that box.

Those are some serious tires! But I think I'll be more than happy with the standard PSS's.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by AlexZTuned
Interesting that Coupe is spec'd with Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires -- I recall seeing an option for Super Performance tires on the ordering guide I have, so I assume you'll be getting these if you tick that box.

Those are some serious tires! But I think I'll be more than happy with the standard PSS's.
Inclined to agree with you, I believe those are indeed the performance tyre option.

I think the PSS's will do just fine as well. Interestingly a lot of UK C63 saloons I've seen/tested had dunlop or continental tyres as standard but luckily the 2 coupes I've seen so far had PSS's which is a good sign.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s

Saw this on Instagram and had to share...

Selenite Grey - Lowered with some nice concave wheels... The stance looks great!

and we are still waiting on demos :|

AlexZTuned (06-07-2016)
Old 06-07-2016, 05:55 PM

Video of the car:
The following 4 users liked this post by Trim105:
AlexZTuned (06-07-2016), Highbar (06-13-2016), Thefiverivers (06-07-2016), Uga Uga (06-08-2016)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)