Just Upgraded to an E

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 05:14 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 GLE450 AMG Coupe
Talking Just Upgraded to an E

Hey ya'll,

Recently I sold my very much loved W204 to go out and upgrade to a W212. What a major difference, and a welcomed one at that. My C was everything I wanted at the time I bought it, but deep down I always wanted an E. Totally feel great about my decision to switch. Though, now that it's mine, the first thought I had was mods. To a little disappointment, I found out the after market.. doesn't have all the choices what the W204 market has lol. Anywho, my list of things to do so far:

Trunk Lip Spoiler
Rear Window Spoiler
Full Window Tint
Headlamp switch out for Alternative LED strip
Smoked Rear Taillamps with Amber turn signal (EU)
Possible Phone Screen mirror install

Other than the mods, I've ran into a few issues with the car. One of the issues is with the Convenient Window/Sunroof close feature. This will work just fine if I hold the "Lock" sensor on my door handle, but will not work through the keyfob being pointed at the door. Having the windows/sunroof roll down does not work at all with the keyfob/door sensor. Everything worked a couple days after buying the car, but has randomly gone to the described status. Anyone have any ideas?

Another issue is that is seems my Distance Warning will go off randomly. After researching it a little bit, it seems that they just do this. Whether it be inconsistencies in the road that throw it off or what have you, they will just randomly go off. Is this true?

The last issue that I've found so far is with the Audio Bluetooth, and the COMMAND memory. It seems that every now and again, the audio will cut out when playing music from my phone to the car through Bluetooth. The COMMAND's memory also seems to erase it self if I try to set up addresses/ phone contacts. Though, I believe these last two items can just be fixed with a COMMAND update from the dealer.

Well, here she is so far. More pictures to come as she approaches her final form

EDIT: So, I've read the many suggestions about switching out the base lights for the adaptive LED headlamps on the face-lift model. I know it's a long shot, and probably will not have a solution until the aftermarket can come up with one. However, I was curious if anyone know if something like this would help make the swap out work?

http://carsystems.com.ua/mb-products...roller-w212-en

I don't really care if the lights adapt to my eye if they adapt to the steering wheel instead, which this controller does. And for the trolls that are going to suggest that I just sell this one and buy a new one... just no..

Last edited by Skyline45; 07-20-2016 at 02:02 PM.
Old 06-16-2016, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 385 Likes on 315 Posts
2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
First off, welcome and nice looking ride. Like the standing start on the facelift - very elegant.

Originally Posted by Skyline45
One of the issues is with the Convenient Window/Sunroof close feature. This will work just fine if I hold the "Lock" sensor on my door handle, but will not work through the keyfob being pointed at the door. Having the windows/sunroof roll down does not work at all with the keyfob/door sensor. Everything worked a couple days after buying the car, but has randomly gone to the described status. Anyone have any ideas?
Perhaps it could be a low battery in the keyfob although infared doesn't take much battery power. Check the battery, clean the sensor and check your aim. Does it work with the second fob or both don't?

Another issue is that is seems my Distance Warning will go off randomly. After researching it a little bit, it seems that they just do this. Whether it be inconsistencies in the road that throw it off or what have you, they will just randomly go off. Is this true?
Distance warning? Do you mean the parking sensors? Those can throw some errors now and then. It doesn't seem that you have distronic...

The last issue that I've found so far is with the Audio Bluetooth, and the COMMAND memory. It seems that every now and again, the audio will cut out when playing music from my phone to the car through Bluetooth. The COMMAND's memory also seems to erase it self if I try to set up addresses/ phone contacts. Though, I believe these last two items can just be fixed with a COMMAND update from the dealer.
I would get that checked (and the others) since you're under warranty. That is odd and shouldn't happen.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:26 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 C300
Nice balance between the sport and luxury trims by having the 18 inch wheels with the luxury body. I had been wondering how that would look.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
E 350
Nice looking car. Congratulations and welcome to the club. Let us know whenever your mods are happening.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 78 Posts
2010 E550 P2 w/AMG Sport Package + Pano, 2015 Nissan Pathfinder
Congrats and welcome. You're going to love this car.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 267 Likes on 209 Posts
2019 E300
Other than the mods, I've ran into a few issues with the car. One of the issues is with the Convenient Window/Sunroof close feature. This will work just fine if I hold the "Lock" sensor on my door handle, but will not work through the keyfob being pointed at the door. Having the windows/sunroof roll down does not work at all with the keyfob/door sensor. Everything worked a couple days after buying the car, but has randomly gone to the described status. Anyone have any ideas?
Check out this thread:

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...roof-mode.html
Old 06-17-2016, 09:36 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 E63 AMG
Welcome!!! and enjoy.
Old 06-17-2016, 12:18 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2014 E350 sport
WELCOME. Put some aftermarket wheels on that bad boy!!!!!! I SAY BLACK, of course
Old 06-20-2016, 10:23 AM

2016 GLE450 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by thefisch
First off, welcome and nice looking ride. Like the standing start on the facelift - very elegant.
Thank you! I prefer the standing star when it comes to the saloons. Just always seemed more appropriate to me.

Perhaps it could be a low battery in the keyfob although infared doesn't take much battery power. Check the battery, clean the sensor and check your aim. Does it work with the second fob or both don't?
I'm thinking it's the battery.. I currently don't have another keyfob to try as the dealer only sold it to me with one. I still think it's weird though that the windows don't roll down from the KEYLess-GO sensor on the door though.

Distance warning? Do you mean the parking sensors? Those can throw some errors now and then. It doesn't seem that you have distronic...
Nah, I don't think it has parking sensors. I could be wrong though, and they just aren't working. I don't get any sort of beeps when backing up and such. Though, the warning I keep getting is where the number "2" is listed.

Originally Posted by mcbc220
Nice balance between the sport and luxury trims by having the 18 inch wheels with the luxury body. I had been wondering how that would look.
Thank you! The place I bought it from let me swap the wheels out as I couldn't stand the 17's that were on it. Though, they wouldn't let me swap out the headlight unit with one that had the alternate strip lol

Thank you to everyone else!! I can't wait to get this car to how I envision it in my head xD

Last edited by Skyline45; 06-21-2016 at 11:42 AM.
Old 06-20-2016, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 385 Likes on 315 Posts
2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
That distance warning is for the Collision Prevention Assist. That system does seem to give some false warnings to folks based on search results. Just have the dealer look at that also if you think it's sounding too many false alarms.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:32 PM

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
2016 E 250 Bluetec
Congrats on the new ride, many safe miles.

My W212 is equipped with all sensors including COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST PLUS with PRE SAFE, and the system has never given me a false warning of any type. It does not only alert for vehicles, you could be driving and if there is a large object like a trash bin near you that can trigger the alert as well, but that is only because it is way too close for comfort.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts
2010 E350 Luxury Sedan, Engine 272 (V6)
One problem with the open or close for all windows and sunroof with the keyfob is you have to stand within about a foot or two of the door handle and point it at the sensor in the handle.
Old 06-21-2016, 09:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
E 350
Originally Posted by El Cid
One problem with the open or close for all windows and sunroof with the keyfob is you have to stand within about a foot or two of the door handle and point it at the sensor in the handle.
That is not entirely correct. My car key fob works from at least around 10 feet or so but I haven't tried it from farther away. Will check again. I don't know which model year you are talking about. Mine is a 2014.
Old 06-21-2016, 11:06 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2020 GLC 300, 2019 GLC 300, 2014 e400 Hybrid
Is this a US version car? Interesting lower front air dam. I haven't see it before.
Old 06-21-2016, 11:47 AM

2016 GLE450 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by El Cid
I've tried it from multiple distances. Even so much as to stand right at the door, and try which doesn't work. This feature worked flawlessly on my old W204, and I was able to stand about 25-30 feet from the car, and get it to work. I think it's going to be the battery in the keyfob that's the issue.

Originally Posted by lay3r3
Is this a US version car? Interesting lower front air dam. I haven't see it before.
Yea, it's a US car. Which means it has the red rear turn signals... -_- Can't wait to change them to Amber

Last edited by Skyline45; 06-21-2016 at 11:55 AM.
Old 06-21-2016, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 373 Likes on 325 Posts
Only MBs - the best or nothing
Originally Posted by lay3r3
This is a Luxury trim version of 2014 facelift W212. You've never seen it in three model years that it was for sale in the US?
Old 06-21-2016, 05:47 PM

2016 GLE450 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by threeMBs
This is a Luxury trim version of 2014 facelift W212. You've never seen it in three model years that it was for sale in the US?
To lay3r3's defense, there isn't too many of them. At least where I live. Even where I work lol. I work and live in a pretty "richey" place in Texas where it's common place to see these cars. The majority of them that I have seen is the Sport model. I always chuckle when I drive up and see a sport model driver admiring my luxury model It's nice to be different lol
Old 06-21-2016, 11:20 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 C43 AMG
congrats!
Old 07-20-2016, 02:00 PM

2016 GLE450 AMG Coupe
Adaptive LED Headlamps

So, I've read the many suggestions about switching out the base lights for the adaptive LED headlamps on the face-lift model. I know it's a long shot, and probably will not have a solution until the aftermarket can come up with one. However, I was curious if anyone know if something like this would help make the swap out work?

http://carsystems.com.ua/mb-products...roller-w212-en

I don't really care if the lights adapt to my eye if they adapt to the steering wheel instead, which this controller does. And for the trolls that are going to suggest that I just sell this one and buy a new one... just no..