C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How anal are you about parking your AMG?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 08:54 AM

Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts
2014 C63 Edition 507
How **** are you about parking your AMG?

I always park out in the hinterlands, stay away from curbs but when I take my beast to work, I always get there early and get prime parking - like today.

Side story - I was at the grocery store last week, parked way out in no man's land. Not too far from a hugger orange Boss 302 who had the same idea. Some ditzy lady unloads her groceries then just let's her cart roll away and takes off. Sure enough - it was headed right towards the Boss. I ran it down and returned to the cart corral, some people.

Old 07-15-2016, 09:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
Originally Posted by pbaylog
I always park out in the hinterlands, stay away from curbs but when I take my beast to work, I always get there early and get prime parking - like today.

Side story - I was at the grocery store last week, parked way out in no man's land. Not too far from a hugger orange Boss 302 who had the same idea. Some ditzy lady unloads her groceries then just let's her cart roll away and takes off. Sure enough - it was headed right towards the Boss. I ran it down and returned to the cart corral, some people.

Same parking strategy here! My wife used to complain, now she does it too.

I also choose the vehicle for the trip based on the destination::::: Big parking good space. C63, Bar in rough area f150.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:12 AM

2014 C63 Edition 507
Roger that #19.......seems like its easier now to just park far out and walk in rather than try to find something close.

Old 07-15-2016, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
Roger that #19.......seems like its easier now to just park far out and walk in rather than try to find something close.

Affirmative #18. #19 out.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 399 Likes on 277 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Same, I always park far away from others. Hell if I have to, I will park at adjacent lots/areas if the far away parking is full.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
I will NEVER park next to someone else. If there's a car next to me, it's because they parked next to me.

People are just too careless and quite frankly, out to lunch, when it comes to how to act around nice cars.

I've seen people squeeze through mirrors between cars and rub against the cars, hit the mirror, etc and it just makes me cringe to think that that could certainly happen to my car.

I'm so **** about it, that when I go to car shows or meets etc, I don't really "participate" by having my car front and center. I'm usually parked way far from everyone to the point that most don't even know my car is there.

It's weird, but that's what I'm comfortable with. Plus, I guess that fact that I have tens of hours of personal time into paint correction of the car probably adds to the "people around my car phobia".
Old 07-15-2016, 12:53 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
10 C63, 06 S65, 14 ML350, 95 S500
Enough that if i have to leave my car in an area that I'm going to have to worry about it, I won't take it lol. I avoid taking it to the gym, mall, grocery store etc ill probably only take it if i go out to eat or quick errands. The S i don't mind as much being older but ill still park it far away etc.
Old 07-15-2016, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by betrezra
Same parking strategy here! My wife used to complain, now she does it too.

I also choose the vehicle for the trip based on the destination::::: Big parking good space. C63, Bar in rough area f150.
Is that the mall in Oakbrook your at?
Illinois from when I lived there, is 98% truck, crap minivan, American standard issue car with rust all over and heavyset hillbillies that get out of their car and don't give a care to the car next to them or the shopping cart they just abandon in the middle of parking slots...

I would always see the typical scenario...A beat up GMC Suburban with like 7 kids get out and bang up the nice car parked next to them. I would die a bit inside...
Old 07-15-2016, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 399 Likes on 277 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Well done .

Originally Posted by AMG3.2
I'm so **** about it, that when I go to car shows or meets etc, I don't really "participate" by having my car front and center. I'm usually parked way far from everyone to the point that most don't even know my car is there.

It's weird, but that's what I'm comfortable with. Plus, I guess that fact that I have tens of hours of personal time into paint correction of the car probably adds to the "people around my car phobia".
I'm like the opposite at car shows, weirdly enough. I still keep a somewhat watchful eye on my car but I'm a lot more relaxed.
Old 07-15-2016, 02:39 PM

2014 C63 Edition 507
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
Is that the mall in Oakbrook your at?
Illinois from when I lived there, is 98% truck, crap minivan, American standard issue car with rust all over and heavyset hillbillies that get out of their car and don't give a care to the car next to them or the shopping cart they just abandon in the middle of parking slots...

I would always see the typical scenario...A beat up GMC Suburban with like 7 kids get out and bang up the nice car parked next to them. I would die a bit inside...
Nope - my office building in Elk Grove. If I'm at Oakbrook, or any mall for that matter, i'm way out and I walk. This is from last December at Westfield...E55 with the same idea as me. I'm in the background.

Old 07-15-2016, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
I will try to park remotely like shown in pictures above for all the mentioned reasons. Plus I like the room so I can wide open my doors especially when having to load things. I do it for all my cars regardless of age or condition of the car.

What irritates me the most is when someone else JUST HAD TO park right next to me despite all those empty parking spaces all around, ie open like the picture above with the E55. It's as if my car has some kind of magnetic field to pull another car next to it. It has happened on multiple occasions. Can't those people see the reason why I'm parking so far away?!
Old 07-15-2016, 04:02 PM

2014 C63 Edition 507
Originally Posted by otakki
I will try to park remotely like shown in pictures above for all the mentioned reasons. Plus I like the room so I can wide open my doors especially when having to load things. I do it for all my cars regardless of age or condition of the car.

What irritates me the most is when someone else JUST HAD TO park right next to me despite all those empty parking spaces all around, ie open like the picture above with the E55. It's as if my car has some kind of magnetic field to pull another car next to it. It has happened on multiple occasions. Can't those people see the reason why I'm parking so far away?!
That happened to me two weeks ago. I came out and there was an immaculate E350 and C300 behind and next to me (not too tight though). I figured i must have been AMG lure and actually got a chuckle out of it.
Old 07-15-2016, 04:13 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R8, C63, C300
No matter how far away I park from others, there will always be that one person that parks right next to me. Not that I care, but usually I just accept the fact I have another door ding.

So now, I don't even bother to park far away.
Old 07-15-2016, 04:36 PM

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
2012 C63 P31 sedan
It's a car...I park wherever. My car has been in a parking garage every work day for years and I have zero door dings and I usually back in. Only **** in that I prefer to pull through a space at other places so I don't have to back out leaving.
Old 07-15-2016, 07:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
If I had a quarter for every time I parked on the far side of the lot, only to come out and find some guy parked.right.up.beside.me I wouldnt have a car loan anymore. And the crappier the vehicle the closer they parked. Makes me nuts.

Two days ago while I was grabbing coffee my wife watched a guy in a FREAKING HUGE GMC 3500 4x4 take 4 runs at parking between my car and a concrete post. There was not another car within 60 parking spaces. No idea the thought process there, or if there even was one.
Old 07-15-2016, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by realjones88
It's a car...I park wherever. My car has been in a parking garage every work day for years and I have zero door dings and I usually back in. Only **** in that I prefer to pull through a space at other places so I don't have to back out leaving.
"It's a car".....you just said "It's a car". Like common guys, stop over reacting and getting your panties in a bunch, it's just a car. YET you park in a parking garage, out of the baking sun. Keeps your car nice and shady. I am sure if you had to park outside, you may not be as dismissive. I hope you don't get a nasty, unwanted door ding, or any sort of vandalism, but if you do, you might be singing a different tune...

Was waiting for someone to be hypocritical, and you just did.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
How anal are you about parking your AMG?-image_zpsejhxnu6q.jpeg

Does TOP or near top floors in pkg garages count -

Last edited by betrezra; 07-15-2016 at 10:25 PM.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 C63 AMG
Years ago, I parked my brand new truck way in the back of a Walmart parking lot to go pick up some cheap ammo for the range. Come out and some ****tard parked their clapped out Civic ridiculously close (never mind the 200 plus empty spots around me) and put a big ding in the door. I was fuming and was waiting for them to come out. Luckily a friend on the phone convinced me it probably wouldn't be advisable to get in a fight and the police show up as I had half a dozen guns and a crapload of ammunition in the truck. Ended up being my 1st experience with the miracles that can be performed by paintless dent repair.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:36 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 507

Classic - we have the same car and yeah, I view parking as an opportunity for exercise.

Have had several dings and grocery car scrapes over the years, now totally and unapologetically **** about it.
Old 07-16-2016, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
May 3rd. I park at 7am I am the only car in two lots, with the bigger lot behind me also empty. I am in a meeting of about 8 people. This woman comes in late, and I know that she drives this POS Volvo, covered in dents and scratches. But when she walked in, I had a feeling. Sure enough, I come out at 815am and there is one other spot taken, and I knew which spot it would be.

Bear in mind there are actually about 8 spaces on either side between this end of the lot and the cars that you don't see, and another 40 or so empty spaces behind me for a total of probably 60 spaces. I knew where she would be, and she was.

Last edited by 604 C63; 07-16-2016 at 12:43 AM.
Old 07-16-2016, 02:55 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
GLC 63
Parking far away only makes your car even more of a target. Which is specifically why a busted *** car will park right next to your *** when there are 1,700 other parking spaces. But then again, I live in LA and people here really don't give a shyt about anything except Pokemon Go lol.
Old 07-16-2016, 08:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i own businesses in shopping centres, i dont care where i park, as long as i get a park. i also own an estate, which i use to cart my stock around. i have fresh produce, packaging, frozen goods. everything in my car most days.
its a nice car, sure, but i have no emotional attachment to it. it will be gone at the end of the lease in a few years, and then ill move onto my next car.
some people worry about insignificant things, parking is one of them
Old 07-16-2016, 09:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts
2008 CLK550 Cab
I don't have an AMG, but I can tell I'm even more **** than the OP. I would park in that same spot, but since you are on an end with that yellow-striped buffer zone, my tires would be right next to the yellow line. You are wasting a good six inches of safety. That way even if a guy in a Corvette backs in next to you, he probably still won't hit you. Since more people pull straight in than back in, odds are better if you select an end spot on the right side of a row rather than left, as the OP did. If you must park between two cars, since hardly anybody goes to work with a passenger, find a space between somebody who backed in and somebody who did not so that you are between two passenger doors. Has worked for me so far.
Old 07-16-2016, 10:35 AM

2014 C63 Edition 507
good observation...

Originally Posted by Yidney
I don't have an AMG, but I can tell I'm even more **** than the OP. I would park in that same spot, but since you are on an end with that yellow-striped buffer zone, my tires would be right next to the yellow line. You are wasting a good six inches of safety. That way even if a guy in a Corvette backs in next to you, he probably still won't hit you. Since more people pull straight in than back in, odds are better if you select an end spot on the right side of a row rather than left, as the OP did. If you must park between two cars, since hardly anybody goes to work with a passenger, find a space between somebody who backed in and somebody who did not so that you are between two passenger doors. Has worked for me so far.
In that particular row the spots are a bit wider than standard and angled, so the tendency is when you pull in to be closer on the inside of the turn. I'm usually the first one in, so I snag that spot nearly every day - although I take my AMG in on Friday's if the weather is nice.

When on a down slope like my evil twin pictured above (#19), if i can't find a spot all alone, I make sure to park on the same side he is on. That way a drivers door is opening uphill and not likely to swing wide and hit you. If parked on the other side, the drivers door opens downhill and gravity won't be your friend.

Last edited by pbaylog; 07-16-2016 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-16-2016, 10:39 AM

2014 C63 Edition 507
Nice shot...

Originally Posted by betrezra

Does TOP or near top floors in pkg garages count -
That is a beautiful ride...interesting how something so similar can yet look so different. I don't like the new AMG caps on my black wheels. I think they would look alot better on yours.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How anal are you about parking your AMG?