C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 04:05 PM

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts
2019C63S coupe
Originally Posted by Trim105
Got word that mine has also been built and is in transit, should be ready for pick-up by the 5th August!
Yippeee. So are you waiting for 1 September or makes no difference.

Old 07-15-2016, 04:32 PM
SPONSOR

Received 243 Likes on 189 Posts
www.wheelsboutique.com
Another order confirmed. These bad boys will be go on an Edition 1 in the land down under

The following users liked this post:
mikenbn (07-15-2016)
Old 07-15-2016, 11:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 C63S Coupe
Those wheels look sick David. Will you be keeping the 19 inch front and 20 inch rear setup or 20's all around. What would you recommend?
Old 07-16-2016, 12:26 AM

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
BMW X5
Originally Posted by thewb
Another order confirmed. These bad boys will be go on an Edition 1 in the land down under

Originally Posted by haynstyleC63S
Those wheels look sick David. Will you be keeping the 19 inch front and 20 inch rear setup or 20's all around. What would you recommend?
Yes what type/brand of wheels are those? Also interested in size and tyre set up for them for the new coupe?
Old 07-16-2016, 04:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 C63s Coupe
Originally Posted by mikenbn
Thanks mate, appreciate the info, communication has been terrible with my dealer. Keep having to chace them up for an update.. In most cases they seem to know less than I do lol... From the sounds of it, a matter of waiting for the next boat it seems... Can't believe it's been a year now since I placed the order.

Much appreciated
Mike
Long time listener, first time caller. Couldn't agree more Mike, communication from my dealer just as bad. 11.06.2016 build for me, selenite grey with carbon interior. Would have loved the glass carbon option but doesn't appear to exist for us in Australia. Placed my order almost a year ago as well. Last I heard my build appears to be under "factory freeze". Does anyone know what this means?? Given it takes 2 months on the boat for us in oz looking at late September even October delivery. Frustrating to say the least.
Old 07-16-2016, 05:26 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Originally Posted by CB34-AUS
Long time listener, first time caller. Couldn't agree more Mike, communication from my dealer just as bad. 11.06.2016 build for me, selenite grey with carbon interior. Would have loved the glass carbon option but doesn't appear to exist for us in Australia. Placed my order almost a year ago as well. Last I heard my build appears to be under "factory freeze". Does anyone know what this means?? Given it takes 2 months on the boat for us in oz looking at late September even October delivery. Frustrating to say the least.
From what i understand Factory Freeze means the car is ready to be built and the specification can't be changed. I was in the dealer last week and saw the info on screen. You should be able to sit down with your dealer and see all the info on your order.
I heard the June builds were delayed and July cars were actually built before the June ones. The HUD issue seems to be the issue. Mine appears to have been built on July 13 and is in the marshalling yards in Bremen waiting for shipping and i have the VIN number.
The following 2 users liked this post by mc111:
CB34-AUS (07-16-2016), mikenbn (07-16-2016)
Old 07-16-2016, 05:44 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by CB34-AUS
Hi Mate,

Looks like we have the same build date, and the good news is I got my VIN number last week so in the risk of getting your hopes up your car could be sitting in the same yard waiting for shipping. I'm keeping a close eye on tracking and there are 2 boats heading to AUS on Monday, one of them is an express, straight sail to Melbourne and Sydney in 33 days instead of the all stopper which takes 44 days.

I can actually check and see how many get boarded on the vessel on Monday ... If they do, what state are you in and what are your specs ?

Cheers
Mike
CB34-AUS (07-16-2016)
Old 07-16-2016, 06:05 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Originally Posted by mikenbn
Hi Mate,

Looks like we have the same build date, and the good news is I got my VIN number last week so in the risk of getting your hopes up your car could be sitting in the same yard waiting for shipping. I'm keeping a close eye on tracking and there are 2 boats heading to AUS on Monday, one of them is an express, straight sail to Melbourne and Sydney in 33 days instead of the all stopper which takes 44 days.

I can actually check and see how many get boarded on the vessel on Monday ... If they do, what state are you in and what are your specs ?

Cheers
Mike

Good news Mike, Im in Sydney and its Black with Black Cross spoke wheels, ill shoot you the Vin by PM, i did try to do a trace on the WW tracker but it said no matching, I'm guessing as it hasn't sailed yet.
What is the website you track on?
Old 07-16-2016, 06:21 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by mc111
Good news Mike, Im in Sydney and its Black with Black Cross spoke wheels, ill shoot you the Vin by PM, i did try to do a trace on the WW tracker but it said no matching, I'm guessing as it hasn't sailed yet.
What is the website you track on?
Fingers crossed you should see it appear soon, it comes on line as soon as the car is loaded. Fingers crossed Monday is the day.
I use this site http://www.2wglobal.com

If you search on the model number WDD2053872 you will be able to see a history of what's been delivered so far. Plenty of demos and first customers cars floating around in AUS from the last 2 weeks.
mc111 (07-16-2016)
Old 07-16-2016, 06:25 AM

2016 C63s Coupe
Brilliant news on yours shipping soon.
I'm in Melb. Thought it was 58-60 days on a boat so 44 express would be great.
Spec is Selenite Grey Coupe with chrome cross spoked wheels(766) (just can't get into the black rims) and carbon fibre trim.

Love the diamond stitching in ed1 interior but wasn't keen on the matte colours.

We seem fairly restricted on options and personalisation in oz.

Fingers crossed mine hits sea soon. The wait has been excruciating.
mikenbn (07-16-2016)
Old 07-16-2016, 12:51 PM
SPONSOR

Received 243 Likes on 189 Posts
www.wheelsboutique.com
Originally Posted by haynstyleC63S
Thank you! We will be doing a 20"//20" setup for this particular customer. You can also option these wheels in a 19"//20" setup but we feel the 20's are more visually appealing. Anybody received word why Mercedes went with the unusual OEM sizes?

Originally Posted by RHRAUS
Yes what type/brand of wheels are those? Also interested in size and tyre set up for them for the new coupe?

These are custom forged Rotifom KPS 3-piece wheels with Concave Profile. More high resolutions images from that shoot can be seen here - https://flic.kr/s/aHskspZyxi

For this specific customer we'll be doing a 20"x9.5" // 20"x11" with 265/30 // 295/30 Michelin Pilot Super Sports..
Old 07-16-2016, 03:54 PM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
C63S Coupe/Range Rover Vogue SE
Originally Posted by Uga Uga
Yippeee. So are you waiting for 1 September or makes no difference.

Makes no difference mate, second I get word its ready I'm dashing up to York as fast as I can and snatching that bad boy up , wait has been too long.

Luckily the staff at my dealership that were making this process such a hassle have either left or been sacked, my new salesman is excellent, kept me up to date and keeps regular contact and also got me a good deal on the final price of the car due to the infuriatingly long delay.
Old 07-16-2016, 05:41 PM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
C63S Coupe/Range Rover Vogue SE
Just read the latest issue of autocar, first comparison between the M4 and the C63 S Coupe and the C63 came out on top. No doubts that this is now the car in its class to beat, seen nothing but praise from every review so far.
Old 07-16-2016, 08:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
bmw m3
I've also waited too long to not pick up my car. I'm going to pick it up drop it off at the detailers, get some crystal serum on it then drive!
Old 07-17-2016, 02:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts
NB8 PARACHUTE
`

David

Great picture

One Tough looking wheel

Using Tough as a noun

Thank-You
D.B.

`
Old 07-17-2016, 08:28 PM

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts
19 E63s
So, I had my salesman change my order from selenite gray metallic with 19/19 twin spoke wheels (USA spec) to SGM with the 19/20 staggered wheels with titanium finish. Might be having second thoughts about it though. Everyone here seems to have SGM with the black wheels, not sure if that's a better combo. There are only a few pics of SGM with 19/20 titanium wheels, anyone know of other ones? (already searched this entire thread).
Old 07-18-2016, 03:45 PM

2019C63S coupe
Originally Posted by jkob5
So, I had my salesman change my order from selenite gray metallic with 19/19 twin spoke wheels (USA spec) to SGM with the 19/20 staggered wheels with titanium finish. Might be having second thoughts about it though. Everyone here seems to have SGM with the black wheels, not sure if that's a better combo. There are only a few pics of SGM with 19/20 titanium wheels, anyone know of other ones? (already searched this entire thread).
Here you go
Attached Thumbnails Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-image.jpeg  
CB34-AUS (07-19-2016)
Old 07-18-2016, 03:50 PM

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts
19 E63s
Originally Posted by Uga Uga
Here you go
Sorry I shouldn't have used SGM, in US I can only order selenite gray metallic, so I'm looking for pics of selenite gray metallic with the 19/20 cross spoke titanium finished wheels.

Thanks though.
Old 07-18-2016, 05:16 PM

2019C63S coupe
Pleasure.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:59 AM

BMW X5
Probably about time for another dose of this eh SGM Crew to help with our wait time

View this post on Instagram

Old 07-20-2016, 05:30 AM

BMW X5
Sanch have you seen this one? It's in your neck of the woods no?

Old 07-22-2016, 07:00 AM

C63

https://www.instagram.com/p/BH04RJpAkqp/
I asked this question in another thread but thought I would get views from the SGM crowd. Which alloys do you like? The black cross spokes or the twin spoke black with the fat metallic lip as per the the attached?
Attached Thumbnails Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-image.jpeg  
Old 07-22-2016, 07:05 AM

BMW X5
Originally Posted by A100
I asked this question in another thread but thought I would get views from the SGM crowd. Which alloys do you like? The black cross spokes or the twin spoke black with the fat metallic lip as per the the attached?
I like the twin spoke better but unfortunately can't accept the fat metallic lip on them, so have opted for the cross spokes on my coupe.
Old 07-26-2016, 04:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s

https://www.instagram.com/p/BH04RJpAkqp/
It sure is!

I've been on holidays apologies for my absence haha

I'm going this weekend to test drive it.

My cars a few weeks out
Old 07-26-2016, 04:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
So finally got to drive it yesterday and it's something I won't forget in a long time. It really is such an emotional event when you're behind the wheel and those emotions linger for a long time even after you get out. I was still smiling even at dinner time later last night.

I've posted some pics and a vid of some revs on the iridium silver thread seeing that's the version I drove. The silver actually looks quite good especially with the contrast against the night package trim.

The muscular design of the exterior and aggressive stance catches your attention straight away and draws you in. I could have just stood there for hours taking it all in, and I think it's going to be a head turner whatever spec you end up going with.

On the inside even sitting in the passenger seat it's just such a nice place to be. I think I've read some people saying that it's too cramped in there but I don't think so, as it just feels like the entire car is hugging you. It's well documented that you wouldn't want adults in the back for long trips, but I think for me there's not going to be any trouble fitting my 4 year old son with his booster seat in the back.

The noticeable driving difference from the sedan for me was the driver feedback, handling/grip as the car just feels so planted to the road due wider track and new suspension at the back I guess. The amount of added confidence you get from it is nearly a bit scary at times ha ha.

I could tell straight away that even my MB guy was going going harder in it than he did when we went out in the sedan, and I was surprised when that transferred over to me and I felt even I could go into the corners later on the brakes and then accelerate harder out of them.

I think I'll need some serious driving under my belt before I try driving it as enthusiastically as we were yesterday in the full sport plus/ race settings. But god it's going to be a fun journey getting to know this car.

I know they haven't officially done any changes with the exhaust note but to me it did sound a bit more angrier even in idle or driving along at 40-60km/h.

Well that's all that comes to mind for now. Anyone who has decided to get the coupe has made a very wise choice indeed.

The good news for me yesterday was that my build is already underway and everything seems to be on track for a early/mid September delivery.

Fingers crossed for no delays as I'm just going to have to rely on my pics and vid of the car to help keep my sanity while I wait for the next 2 months.
Great review mate, you've got me excited for the test drive this weekend

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)