New owner C350 4Matic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 07:00 PM

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts
2005 Porsche 911, 1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, 2012 Mercedes C300 4Matic
New owner C350 4Matic

Hello MB World
Thought I would introduce myself. Wife has had a successive series of C class Benzes over the years. I have been driving Porsches for the last 8 years, first with a cayenne S then the last 4 years with a 911. Unfortunately there is a long standing IMS bearing issue with some 911's and my could not be replaced and I can't take the risk of a $30k engine replacement.
So I have liked the C class coupes and went shopping for a couple of days. Today I picked her up. 2015. Low miles. Black on Black with white stitching. Not the power delivery I'm used to but comfortable on the highway to 110. Not too bad on the switch backs near my house using the paddles. Heavy duty DIY guy and heavy modder. Can't drive stock so here are a couple of questions and requests:
Getting window tint Monday.
Need exhaust. Thinking crossover with resonator removal to start. My 911 had sport exhaust and I do like it loud but not obnoxious. Is x pipe enough?
Next is new quad tailpipes and diffuser. Ideas are welcome.
At the same time I'm thinking a front CF splitter. Maybe one of those Godhand (I think that's the brand) joints.
Spacers to push the wheels out. Is 10mm right or should I use different front and back?
Anything out there that allows for quicker gear change. Meaning how long it takes once you shift with the paddle. It's like 3 seconds. Way to long

I have read the first 10 pages on here and think I have some solid ideas but any suggestions are welcome. I have also read the modded car super thread but wanted to know if I missed

anything.
My 911

New car

Interior

Last edited by Atlas Grey; 07-16-2016 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Adding copy
Old 07-29-2016, 04:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 Coupe
Welcome!
Would have pegged a former 911 driver to go to a C63
Congrats on the new ride, very nice!
Exhaust... Can't speak to the x-pipe or res delete, but I had the Meisterschaft racing version installed and I'm happy with it. Because this area is so subjective, if you can; try to find someone on one of these forums who has an aftermarket exhaust on a 3.5L Merc and listen to one in person. I may have gone with a different brand had I been able to hear some first. Good and bad, but there isn't a big mod scene with these cars. Pic thread for my install is on here somewhere....

Diffuser; I did a 3 fin carbon from eBay (only thing eBay on this car) only one available for dual exhaust I could find. Still in nice shape after 2+ years, but if you're going to get quad tips, you'll have a lot more options available.

Spacers; someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can do 12mm rear & 5mm front. You'll have issues getting centered on the fronts w/o alignment pins since the 5mm spaces aren't hubcentric. I'd rather do new rims with the correct offset you desire.

Paddles... Nothing I have found will correct this. Had my guy at Vivid Racing look too with no luck. This car wasn't meant to be a racer, so to me they are more of a novelty. I still use them from time to time and have adjusted how I shift to make it work. You'll get used to it.

Another thing, the big orange side markers; some vinyl them, but I did the clear euro markers with chrome bulbs. Better IMO

Some people have some good ideas on here. Keep poking around and happy modding!

-E
Old 08-01-2016, 09:24 AM

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts
2005 Porsche 911, 1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, 2012 Mercedes C300 4Matic
Nickanna,
Thanks for the welcome. I have a daughter going to Cornell in two weeks so the C63 was out at for the time being.
I have done a few things in the first two weeks.
Tinted windows. Dark side markers. 10mm and 12mm spacers front and rear with longer black bolts. Front CF splitter, Rear CF diffuser, quad tips, X pipe and resonator delete. removed AMG style spoiler and replaced with CF version, installed new aluminum door pins, new phillips brighter lights all the way around and yesterday debadged the rear.
Here are a few pics, some next to my wife's C300 who now wants the debadge, front and rear CF as well as quad tips and side markers. She's funny as she has had it for 4 years and has only ever tinted the windows

Next to wife's C300

I debadged right after I took pics