Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

1985 500SE AMG $4400 obo NJ Tri State Area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
86 190E 2.3-16v, 92 500E, 03 CL55 AMG, 08 E3504M Brabus
1985 500SE AMG $4400 obo NJ Tri State Area

I'm selling a 1985 500SE AMG

Navy/Black

odometer froze 131k

Gone through last month, tank pulled and cleaned, new filter, fluids, fan clutch, a/c evaporator/condenser,
brake cylinder, brake flush, sunroof fixed

The car starts right up and runs and drives well on the road and at highway speed.

500SE is a short wheel base S class that was only offered with the 5.0L v8 M117 motor in Europe. This is a grey market car but is now titled in the US.

This 500SE has AMG side skirts and an AMG metal trunk badge and a nice period AMG steering wheel. It has small holes in the front fender well where the front AMG spoiler was previously mounted but must have been sacrificed to the parking curb gods before it ever got to me. Surely it was on the car at one point. The rear of the car has a US spec bumper which I suspect is because the car was hit in the back at some point. The euro bumpers are nice to look at but probably don't help too much in a fender bender.

The paint is really nice for its age, light dings, nothing you wouldn't expect. Grand Prix / hirschmann antennae working

the car also has a set of 15" bundt wheels which really make it look nice. They are tough to find these days.

The interior could use some covers or ideally new cushions And the wood trim needs replacing.

It has the cool euro headlights also. No difficult Hydraulic suspension on this 126.

PM me with questions or offers!

Thanks

Last edited by AMGTestDriverNJ; 08-31-2016 at 06:23 PM.