Sponsored by:

Edition 1 AMG need help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 06:09 PM

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
w205 c400 c63s
Edition 1 AMG need help

Hi i am very new to the AMG i currently own the regular c class c400 and planning to upgrade to the c63 s model. I saw this pre owned 2015 Edition 1 MB. I really like the car and it fits my budget. the car has only 6k miles on it looks very fresh (pls see pic attached Edition 1 are the first batch of AMG c63 i only one concern..... maybe you guys here can answer it. Is there any recalls on the 2015 am c63 S model especially the Edition 1 model. It has only 6k mileage i could have recalls down the road. Inputs are very much appreciated.

Old 10-03-2016, 11:27 PM

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
ED1 e63S
I just took delivery of this exact car. Same color and options with 7k miles. Hopefully you aren't looking at an old ad from the one in Houston and if so, I have bad news for you. Lol. Looking forward to being able to share more info on the car soon as I log some miles on mine.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:06 AM

w205 c400 c63s
Originally Posted by OrientBlue3
I just took delivery of this exact car. Same color and options with 7k miles. Hopefully you aren't looking at an old ad from the one in Houston and if so, I have bad news for you. Lol. Looking forward to being able to share more info on the car soon as I log some miles on mine.
Thank goodness its not in Houston! Do you DM how much you purchase the Edition 1. Thanks for the reply.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
I had a lot of issues with my 2015 sedan... it however was not ED1.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:09 AM

Received 98 Likes on 96 Posts
C63S 2016
Originally Posted by darwin329
Hi i am very new to the AMG i currently own the regular c class c400 and planning to upgrade to the c63 s model. I saw this pre owned 2015 Edition 1 MB. I really like the car and it fits my budget. the car has only 6k miles on it looks very fresh (pls see pic attached Edition 1 are the first batch of AMG c63 i only one concern..... maybe you guys here can answer it. Is there any recalls on the 2015 am c63 S model especially the Edition 1 model. It has only 6k mileage i could have recalls down the road. Inputs are very much appreciated.

looks very clean ! didn't hear of any recalls where I live ...? no major issues so far
Old 10-04-2016, 12:56 PM

Received 27 Likes on 7 Posts
C63P
Hey this is my exact color combo too, probably all same options. Cool to see a twin.

Having said that.

Good ****ing luck.

First 2k miles:
Panoramic Roof Shade repair #1 (shade fell off rails, won't close)
SiriusXM repair (antenna cable loose, no signal)
Driver door-retention mechanism broke (door won't stay open, slams back into leg when opened)
8k miles:
CEL Stays on, engine vibrations, shift hesitation -> TCU/MCU reflash
Panoramic Roof Shade repair #2

11k miles:
Brake disk unusual wear, pad stuck, grinding, squeeling on light touch. -> TBD (no parts)
Front strut electrical issue, needs swap -> TBD (no parts)
Currently:
Dash noise/groan on bumps/angles/etc
Interior rattles like crazy in random spots

Recalls? None that I can remember, probably because I'm so ****ing mad every time I have to go get this **** repaired that I don't even care.

Top notch quality work on a $87k car.

Last edited by mozy; 10-04-2016 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:50 PM

ED1 e63S
I do have the squealing on light touch with the brakes like you mention with 7,400 miles. Should I be concerned?
Old 10-04-2016, 07:04 PM

Received 27 Likes on 7 Posts
C63P
Originally Posted by OrientBlue3
I do have the squealing on light touch with the brakes like you mention with 7,400 miles. Should I be concerned?
If I was in a '87 Dodge pickup truck not at all.

Considering this is literally the most expensive C-class available, yeah, I'd be a bit concerned. Makes me fell all warm and fuzzy inside when I come to every stop with my own soundtrack of metal components screeching in pain.

Parts have been "on their way from Germany" for the last 3 weeks. I'm still waiting.
Old 10-05-2016, 03:43 AM

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts
The Edition 1 package is just a visual package. The only utility part of that package is that it includes the AMG Performance Seats, rest is all visual stuff like red decals and stitching etc.

Since all Edition 1 are 2015 models, which had the most reliability issues, I would use this fact to help negotiate a large discount.
Old 10-05-2016, 03:45 AM

Received 98 Likes on 96 Posts
C63S 2016
Originally Posted by obbob
The Edition 1 package is just a visual package. The only utility part of that package is that it includes the AMG Performance Seats, rest is all visual stuff like red decals and stitching etc.

Since all Edition 1 are 2015 models, which had the most reliability issues, I would use this fact to help negotiate a large discount.
+1 well said
Old 10-05-2016, 09:57 AM

ED1 e63S
Originally Posted by mozy

Considering this is literally the most expensive C-class available, yeah, I'd be a bit concerned. Makes me fell all warm and fuzzy inside when I come to every stop with my own soundtrack of metal components screeching in pain.

Parts have been "on their way from Germany" for the last 3 weeks. I'm still waiting.
I did also notice the light shudder you were talking about when coming to a stop from low speeds. Ugh.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:11 AM

w205 c400 c63s
Originally Posted by SBH-
looks very clean ! didn't hear of any recalls where I live ...? no major issues so far
Thank you. i never drive AMG before when i test drive the car it feels so stiff the ride and the steering. the car is certified pre owned with only 6k miles. when i drove it without music i hear squeaking sound in the cabin is that normal to the AMG? I have c400 it a lot more comfortable but not on high speeds. any thoughts.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:19 AM

w205 c400 c63s
Hey this is my exact color combo too, probably all same options. Cool to see a twin.

Having said that.

Good ****ing luck.

First 2k miles:

8k miles:

11k miles:

Currently:

Recalls? None that I can remember, probably because I'm so ****ing mad every time I have to go get this **** repaired that I don't even care.

Top notch quality work on a $87k car.
Hey i test drove the car! am currently driving c400 so i noticed the difference right away. The AMG feels a lot stiff even on comfort mode!? the steering the ride. i can feel the road and without the music i can hear rattling sounds in the cabin. did they fix yours? do you have that issue when bought the car?
Old 10-07-2016, 01:21 AM

w205 c400 c63s
Originally Posted by obbob

Thank you!!
Old 10-07-2016, 11:57 PM

ED1 e63S

Please keep me posted on if the dealer is covering this and if there's any kind of TSB. I have the squeal on light brake application and a light low speed shudder I'm feeling.

Oh, and the nav screen rattles sooooo bad. Worst rattle I've ever had in a car. I've got to get that fixed soon. Definitely going to get it looked at soon.

On a side note, I'm getting tint this tomorrow. Also, I installed my billet door pins and will install my BMC air filters if I can find some instructions somewhere. Straight forward I'm sure, but given I opened my hood time tonight (only owned the car for 4 days so cut me some slack!), it wouldn't hurt to have something to go off of. Did a search but no luck so far.