Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

05 CL65 AMG $19k OBO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Sierra Denali
05 CL65 AMG $19k OBO

97k miles (Carchex titanium warranty good until 104k or 10/17)

This is a lot of car for the $. Mechanically it's in great shape but does have a few cosmetic blemishes here and there (nothing abnormal for an 11 year old car). Most of the common big dollar maintenance issues have already occurred and have been fixed.

Off the top of my head the following parts have been replaced within the last 20k miles:

Tires, motor mounts, transmission mount, all 4 front lower control arms, right front strut, two ABC hydraulic lines, tandem ABC/PS pump, both coil packs, all 24 spark plugs, ignition control module, transmission conductor plate, struts for the trunk, air intake boot, coolant reservoir.

The only mods that I'm aware of is the previous owner upgraded the intercooler pump to the pierburg CWA 50 "the BMW pump". I have an extra pump (brand new) that goes with the car as well in case you have problems or decide to run dual pumps.

As for the cosmetic issues the main problems are the front fenders. Both have a crack on the top of the fender which is a common issue on the W215. I have a brand new unpainted fender for the driver's side that I have bothered installing yet that goes with the car. There is also some minor bubbling in the paint around the sunroof. There is also evidence that the car has had been resprayed in a few areas and it's not perfect.

These images are a year old but still looks the same. It's just too cold to be out cleaning the car and taking new pictures.

Old 01-08-2017, 11:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'00 E55 AMG - '00 E55 AMG - '91 300SL - '95 C280
The trunk lid must of been painted. Those badges aren't even close to where they should be.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:40 AM

2004 Sierra Denali
I don't think so. It could have been but I believe you're mistaken.... Show me a picture of where they should be. Looks like the are in the same place as any other CL65.

Old 01-09-2017, 01:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'00 E55 AMG - '00 E55 AMG - '91 300SL - '95 C280

The 5 on your car looks like it's almost touching the rear insert.

Old 01-09-2017, 01:52 AM

2004 Sierra Denali
Could be but my picture is also taken look downward instead of head on... Doesn't matter though I disclosed that there has been some paint work. Nothing ever stuck out to me that the deck lid was painted but I can tell the roof and quarters were resprayed at one time, so maybe it was.