Lifer status confirmed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 02:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2006 C55, 1995 C36
Lifer status confirmed

Hello all!

I've been keeping an eye out for either a 2.3-16 or C36 for a while now and last week I stumbled upon this Polar White 1995 C36 online...three days later I drove to Jersey and picker her up

They were asking $3,500 as-is but had no pictures. The pictures they sent were taken at night, and while they didn't seem to show any damage, the car is 22 years old. I was expecting a real project car and was braced for disappointment, but I almost fell over when I finally saw it in person! I could not be more thrilled with where I'm starting.

Inspection found I need rotors, speedometer is inoperative, smoked front indicator lights don't have a reflector, fogs are inoperative and the hazard light switch is bad. A few other minor things, missing drain plugs and tint too dark, but all seems easily fixable.

I'll be poking around educating myself as there is so much to learn, but couldn't be happier to be a member of the 202 AMG community!
Old 02-02-2017, 02:12 PM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
congrats on the purchase, very nice car

as you might know, specific AMG parts are very expensive, so you know this when you hunt for specific parts.
some AMG parts might be NLA at the stealership, you have to look for used parts.
if they are rare, they will be very expensive like the intake tube with 3.6 logo above intake

how is the wireloom in the engine bay, any damage to loom?
wireloom will detoriate and wireloom sleeve will go into pieces brittled

good luck and have fun, i think you will like this car even more when you fix her up
Old 02-02-2017, 09:21 PM

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts
2005 E500 4matic wagon, 2006 AMG E55, 2009 Smart Fortwo
As a former owner of a Brilliant Silver '95 C36, congrats on the purchase. I loved my car, but had the opportunity to step up to a W203 C55 so I sold it to a friend. There's numerous '95-specific bits on your car, from the dash trim to the instrument cluster, even the front and rear brakes are unique to your model year. I hope you enjoy many years with that car!

Old 02-03-2017, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 284 Posts
05 c55 silver, 98 Imperial Red C43
Congrats white is a very rare color on the c36.

Let me know if you wanna sell your white c55
Old 02-03-2017, 08:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
1999 AMG C43
nice ride!
Old 02-03-2017, 01:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2006 C55, 1995 C36
Originally Posted by kowalski
congrats on the purchase, very nice car

as you might know, specific AMG parts are very expensive, so you know this when you hunt for specific parts.
some AMG parts might be NLA at the stealership, you have to look for used parts.
if they are rare, they will be very expensive like the intake tube with 3.6 logo above intake

how is the wireloom in the engine bay, any damage to loom?
wireloom will detoriate and wireloom sleeve will go into pieces brittled

good luck and have fun, i think you will like this car even more when you fix her up

Thanks! Yeah, I did my best to educate myself as to what I was walking into, and already having the 55, I haven't been too surprised at prices for anything so far. The majority of the car is in great shape (Inspector said the entire front end looks essentially new). As for the wiring harness, I did spot one wire showing some conductor, but in an isolated area. I purchased with the full intent of replacing the harness anyway, even if I end up just ponying up the full price from the dealer. I plan on enjoying having her around for a long time!

Originally Posted by Chest Rockwell
As a former owner of a Brilliant Silver '95 C36, congrats on the purchase. I loved my car, but had the opportunity to step up to a W203 C55 so I sold it to a friend. There's numerous '95-specific bits on your car, from the dash trim to the instrument cluster, even the front and rear brakes are unique to your model year. I hope you enjoy many years with that car!

Thanks! Small world lol, love your 55, but I may be biased...

I'm thinking about picking up new trim to play with, so hopefully they won't be TOO hard to find. Stay tuned...

Originally Posted by PJmak
Congrats white is a very rare color on the c36.

Let me know if you wanna sell your white c55

Thanks, I noticed you have been looking, fingers are crossed you find a good one!!
Personally, I can't see myself ever selling either of these, and can see myself adding one more a few more years down the road... Diamond White C63s Coupe perhaps?

Originally Posted by mickey13
nice ride!

Thanks!

Quick thanks to all the current and former members who have been kind enough to share their experiences, it has been a huge help thus far!