SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Virgin TCU not being accepted

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 03:55 PM

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts
R230
Virgin TCU not being accepted

So after a long a drawn out owner struggle trying to encode a virginized TCU conductor plate I deferred to shop. Still not fairing great. They are having issues also.

The tech showed me the screen shot and I think it possibly could be because of a simple mis match of reading and stored info.
One thing I've noticed in the screen shot is; my chassis code isn't on that list of cars needing a valve body.

Also, If you look at the one screen that says if you have sensor error you can go forward with encoding. But the first thing the tech mentioned was they wiped all the error codes before starting the whole encoding process. The tech said there was a category for plate and valve body replacements. So at this point I'm not sure if they can "lie to the system" or hook up my old board and hang it off the car and hope that it pulls the error codes and will effect a correct situation the Diagnostic system will allow further replacement encoding

Last edited by Hary Gahtoe; 07-29-2017 at 04:24 PM.
Old 07-31-2017, 11:17 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,051 Likes on 972 Posts
1999 E300TD
I'd find someone with the MB diagnostics(Xentry or XDOS)!
Old 07-31-2017, 10:54 PM

R230
Thanks Pluto but I have an SDS 4 and the shop has some Autel model. The shops system has the encryption written coding but I don't think my particular situation is in their wheelhouse of descrambling. I need a tech savvy/MB tech with a true background in SDS and code cracking not just a kid an MB dealership reading the prompts on the screen.
Both systems cannot finnish encoding the conductor plate. The SDS I have doesn't have the contract MB leases to encode the encrypted info that stops bad people from stealing and re coding cars. My system has the capability to do offline decoding but something that doesn't show anything besides "ABORT"
has stopped me from finishing the decoding leaving the car dead.

So if anybody out there wants $110 @hr plus a $150 hookup fee and lives in Seattle who can Truly do this I'll also pay a travel fee. It just needs to be encoded

Thanks
Hary
Old 08-01-2017, 10:48 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,051 Likes on 972 Posts
1999 E300TD
Do yourself and all of us and read up on SCN authorization. There are thousands selling one time access that you need to accomplish the task plus the correct CFF file bla bla.

Alternatively, have you looked at Vediamo ver 5 or higher for your C4 mux. I am told that with a good understanding of the software and the correct CFF file you can flash without SCN authorization. With emphasis on "have been told". It sounds like you attempted something without having the technical understanding to accomplish. Put the car I storage and start studying!
Old 08-01-2017, 01:32 PM

R230
I spent hours going over the the different applications of the DAS files, verification codes. I read multiple different articles on SCN authorization.
Not a big fan of Veidiamo but then again realize its potential if you were that deep but as you too must realize every car & situation is unique
You're correct about not acquiring absolute pinnacle technical no-how in this case but honestly, I have more important things in my life I'm managing. Just looking to finish this and use the car.

Thanks
Hary
Old 08-01-2017, 05:16 PM

R230
Update:

My car was built in Feb/04
Confirmation from Mercedes Regional Service Supervisor that early run model Should be replacing valve body with plate confirming the difference in the plate. I.E. the hard wired Turbine sensor. Not used in regular run NAG2.
Parts are on order. Returning the rebuilt virgin circuit board to be replaced by a blank new factory board.
Like I've said earlier, every car/situation is unique.

When its all wrapped up I'll be very relieved.