S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

LoMo Lowering module - anyone have any experience with this?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 04:30 PM

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts
2105 S63 Full Carbon - 2018 GTR
LoMo Lowering module - anyone have any experience with this?

Hey Fellas

Finally got my S63 and I need to get it down from the nose-bleed section.

I found this module http://loweringmodule.com/index.php/...ll-description and had a god conversation with the owner of the company.

Before pulling the trigger, I wanted to see if any of you have any experience with this company or the module? Feedback is appreciated .

Old 08-25-2015, 07:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 Mercedes S63 AMG
I have something similar. I have the Carlsson Lowering Module. It works like a charm. I didn't do a crazy drop with it and it still rides like stock. Check the classifieds as I believe I've seen a rentech one for sale there. With that one you can use a controller to lower and raise the car. With mine, I have to open the panel to the ECU to access it.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:32 AM

thanks but the last thing in classifieds re a lowering module for sale was from 2008 That and most folks will want ~$1000 for their used module and for a few hundred more, I can get a new one.
My main concern is that since this company and module is new to me, I would really like to find someone who has it and can give me their impressions and experience with it.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:21 AM

2011 Mercedes S63 AMG
Sorry looks like it was sold, this is the thread

https://mbworld.org/forums/suspensio...ule-350-a.html

But here is a brand new one... price is much better than the lomo.

http://mesablackworks.com/LoMo%20V2
Old 08-27-2015, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by triniexr
Sorry looks like it was sold, this is the thread

https://mbworld.org/forums/suspensio...ule-350-a.html

But here is a brand new one... price is much better than the lomo.

http://mesablackworks.com/LoMo%20V2
thanks for the research brother... that Renntech was a good buy.

the other Mesablackworks is from the same company as the LoMo1. the biggest diff is that the install will involve pulling pins out of the ABC and cutting into wires etc. Also - the Renntech, Carlsons and even this V2, will not disengage when the car hits 60 MPH so there's a risk of the car being too low at freeway speeds.

From my research, the LoMo 1, disengages at 60MPH so that the ABC takes control and runs the car's height as it was engineered.

It def is more expensive but I think it's a superior set up.
Hoping someone here has one and can weigh in with their experience
Old 08-30-2015, 11:40 PM

2013 S63, 2018 S63 with Carbon Ceramic brakes
Doesn't the ABC lower the car at higher speed anyway?

I'm also interested in a lowering module. Please keep us updated with any info or purchase.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by AMG1919
Doesn't the ABC lower the car at higher speed anyway?

I'm also interested in a lowering module. Please keep us updated with any info or purchase.
You're correct... ABC does lower the car at 75mph and only 0.4 inches. . I've heard that there are Star systems that are hacked and with those, you can lower the norm of the ABC by 1.5 inches. That would be the easiest and cheapest fix to correct ride height but I haven't been able to find a hacked unit anywhere.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:45 AM

2011 Mercedes S63 AMG
I believe some people have done it themselves who have the star diagnostics unit. Others has persuaded the dealer to do it for them.
Old 09-16-2015, 07:58 PM

**UPDATE** LoMo1 installed **pics**

a quick update here fellas - Thanks to the great folks at LoMo, my unit arrived as promised and I was able to install it in about 90 minutes. It went off without a hitch and the LoMo team's customer service has been second to none!

Highlights:

- Unlike the Carlson or Renntech, you are able to set the module's settings on the fly and using the steering wheel controls thru the main screen menu.

- Plug and play's right thru the ABC without any cutting, pin-pulling or splicing.

- Can be turned off to return to stock ride height with a few clicks of the steering wheel buttons. No need to worry about dealer warranty conversations.

- Unlike the other modules, it will not interfere with ABC when the car hits 73 MPH essentially rendering the control back to ABC and stock ride height. This means no chance of scraping or bottoming out on the freeway no matter how low you ride.

- The stock vehicle rise button still works perfectly for driveways and curbs.

PM if you're interested in price etc.

Enjoy:
Pic one = Module is set at zero - car sits in the nosebleed section!
Pic two= Front set at -7, rear at -5
Pic three = Front set at -7, rear at -6
Pic four = Front set at -8 (max), rear at -6
Attached Thumbnails LoMo Lowering module - anyone have any experience with this?-set-zero.jpeg   LoMo Lowering module - anyone have any experience with this?-20150914_153317.jpg   LoMo Lowering module - anyone have any experience with this?-20150914_153516.jpg   LoMo Lowering module - anyone have any experience with this?-20150914_153620.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by BigApe:
PNW_E63_AMG (10-18-2023), Renntech6509 (12-14-2020)
Old 10-09-2015, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bmw 550i
For the LoMo and Renntech units, is the controller wired from the connections to the unit under the passenger foot kick panel?

I suppose you just mount it under the glove box for hidden, but easy access?
Old 10-09-2015, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by jwbond
For the LoMo and Renntech units, is the controller wired from the connections to the unit under the passenger foot kick panel?

I suppose you just mount it under the glove box for hidden, but easy access?
Nope- the Lomo plugs directly into the ABC underneath the kick panel and is controled right thru the steering wheel menu so there's no 'controller' to mount
Old 10-09-2015, 03:03 PM

bmw 550i
Awesome!

Did you do the install, a MB dealer, or a 3rd party shop?
Old 10-09-2015, 03:06 PM

you install it yourself. PM me your contact number and I can walk you thru it.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:59 AM

bmw 550i
Just found the install video on YouTube. Looks nice and easy

It looks like the Lo Mo is the way to go w/ these units! Some questions for you...

1. Some members reported "an issue with the airmatic displaying errors when driving with it" (see: https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...m-install.html). It appears to many years old, so maybe it's fixed now. Have you seen anything like this?

2. I'm concerned about safety when driving. Can you have it adjust based on your speed? I would think stock height while driving is safest since that's what they engineered it for.

Thanks man!
Old 10-10-2015, 11:15 AM

Just found the install video on YouTube. Looks nice and easy

It looks like the Lo Mo is the way to go w/ these units! Some questions for you...

1. Some members reported "an issue with the airmatic displaying errors when driving with it" (see: https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...m-install.html). It appears to many years old, so maybe it's fixed now. Have you seen anything like this?

2. I'm concerned about safety when driving. Can you have it adjust based on your speed? I would think stock height while driving is safest since that's what they engineered it for.

Thanks man!

1. I think you're right as this may have been an issue in the earlier units and has since been resolved. I have not had one error since install.

2. I ride at -7 front and -5 rear. to this day, I have not had any scrapes while driving. I do utilize the dashboard vehicle raise button quite often as I enter parking garages, driveways etc that have sharp transitions mostly because I am paranoid

I will tell you that all other LEM's keep the height steady where as this one disengages itself and renders controls back to ABC at freeway speeds for just that reason. Having said that, the freeways and most roads in Seattle are decent and I have not had any issues at any speed thus far.
hope that helps

BA
Old 10-10-2015, 11:53 AM

bmw 550i
Thanks for sharing!

I guess my concern on ride height safety is not only on highways, but also just city driving for two reasons...

1. I would think lower ride height would be disadvantageous in the event of an accident.

2. I question whether the likelihood of losing control in an evasive maneuver increases when messing with what the engineers set it at...or perhaps it improves this due to the lower center of gravity.

What is the default front and back ride height for "Sport Mode" from MB? Do they put the front and back at the same height or do they lower the front more like you?
Old 10-10-2015, 12:06 PM

Thanks for sharing!

I guess my concern on ride height safety is not only on highways, but also just city driving for two reasons...

1. I would think lower ride height would be disadvantageous in the event of an accident.

2. I question whether the likelihood of losing control in an evasive maneuver increases when messing with what the engineers set it at...or perhaps it improves this due to the lower center of gravity.

What is the default front and back ride height for "Sport Mode" from MB? Do they put the front and back at the same height or do they lower the front more like you?
Sounds like your concerns outweigh your desire for the esthetics of a lowered car. Having personally had lowered cars for the past 30 years (everything from cutting the springs on my 1976 VW Rabbit to this sort of ELM set up and everything in between), I've always found that if lowered properly with the proper set up (a quality ELM or a great set of springs like the PSS9's) the car's handling improves overall and while depending on what you use, your ride comfort quality may suffer, I have not found any issues of losing control in an evasive maneuver situation and I have tracked several of my cars on a regular basis which is much more demanding on the set up than anything you would be faced under most driving conditions.

Not sure what the set up on sport mode would be but depending on your car, I'm sure that info can be found with a Google search. Goodluck with your research
Old 10-10-2015, 12:44 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

MBZ
There are also links for the W221 as another option for lowering. The lowering links are fully adjustable and compatible with both Airmatic and ABC suspensions.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:35 AM

cls63
installed The OBD module and work perfectly with my 2017 s63 c17. cant go wrong with the price
Old 09-18-2018, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by BigApe
a quick update here fellas - Thanks to the great folks at LoMo, my unit arrived as promised and I was able to install it in about 90 minutes. It went off without a hitch and the LoMo team's customer service has been second to none!

Highlights:

- Unlike the Carlson or Renntech, you are able to set the module's settings on the fly and using the steering wheel controls thru the main screen menu.

- Plug and play's right thru the ABC without any cutting, pin-pulling or splicing.

- Can be turned off to return to stock ride height with a few clicks of the steering wheel buttons. No need to worry about dealer warranty conversations.

- Unlike the other modules, it will not interfere with ABC when the car hits 73 MPH essentially rendering the control back to ABC and stock ride height. This means no chance of scraping or bottoming out on the freeway no matter how low you ride.

- The stock vehicle rise button still works perfectly for driveways and curbs.

PM if you're interested in price etc.

Enjoy:
Pic one = Module is set at zero - car sits in the nosebleed section!
Pic two= Front set at -7, rear at -5
Pic three = Front set at -7, rear at -6
Pic four = Front set at -8 (max), rear at -6
Nice update. Can you set it so it would be 1.0 inch lower even after 73 mph?

What does "-7" translate into inches? For some reason your pictures are not working. Can you repost them?

I was thinking of 1.0 inch lower in the front and 0.5 inch in rear. What do you guys think? What's a nice set up? I don't want to be too aggressive

I know that at 73 mph, ABC lowers the car and people like the lowering module to disengage but I want it lower on the freeway. I'm ok with 1.0 inch lower on the freeway.

I also saw this one. Has anyone tried this one? Can you leave this device on or do you have to disconnect it every time after you lower the car?

http://loweringmodule.com/lomo-obd-s...ion-module-t3/
Old 10-16-2018, 01:36 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
S63 AMG (C217)
i also have OBD-2 Lowering module on my car
but mine is from amazon, think it is the same as LoMo T3 module, watch here :
Amazon Amazon

Old 10-16-2018, 03:21 PM

bmw 550i
Considering putting this on my 15' S63...

Can anyone tell me what happens when you hit the raise suspension button? For instance, if you lower the car 1" all around, but then hit the raise suspension button (the factory button the center console), will it...

1. Raise the car to the same increased level as it would prior to installing?
2. Raise the car only by the difference of the current setting + X" increase?
3. Can you set a custom setting to have the factory increase suspension button to raise the car higher than factory? (...or does this have to be done directly through the module's interface only?)
Old 10-16-2018, 04:33 PM

bmw 550i
Thank you for the prompt and clear reply!

If I install +X on the custom settings, can I have the car raise above factory settings by default by pressing the factory button on the center console (essentially saving that as my raised preference)? ...or do I still have to go into your unit's settings each time to raise it higher than factory?
Old 10-16-2018, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Roman Morel
hello, i am developer of this module. the right answer is 2 , if you will lowered you car and press button "raise" , you car will raised as from on X level, that are from factory without module.
if you want to raise car higher than factory, you need to install +X on the custom settings
Does this module work with S63 with ABC Suspension?
Old 10-17-2018, 07:31 AM

bmw 550i
Originally Posted by Roman Morel
Look , our module just change your factory high level and save all factory options , for example if you press raise button from factory your car will raise for 15mm.
if you lowered your car using our module -32 mm and press "raise button" your car will raise 15 mm and will be -17mm from factory
if you raised your car +10 using our module and press "raise button" it will be 10+15 = +25mm
Thank you for the very clear reply. It was helpful.

One last question...

Since I'll have to go into your module's settings to adjust ride height for both below and above factory settings, I need to know if you have defaults that I can save so that I can raise front and rear settings to pre-defined defaults...or do I have to adjust the front, then the back each time?

If you have these defaults, I'm interested in seeing a demo video if you can direct me to a link of the newest version of your specific unit.

Thanks again! You've been great

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LoMo Lowering module - anyone have any experience with this?