C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 C63S AMG coupe Driver's side fuse box confusion - please help!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 01:47 AM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 AMG C63S Coupe
2017 C63S AMG coupe Driver's side fuse box confusion - please help!!

I went to hard wire my radar detector today, and a few of the fuses seem to be missing I was planning to use, 216 "Glove box light" and 217 "Electronic Toll Collection" Spots for these are on the current fuse map disagram, there are 1/2 blanks in those spots now (appears only one side of a fuse would go in). 219 and 218 above there are labeled for the airbag systems, so I won't to tap either of those. Any advise or recommendations? Why would the glove box light slot 216 be empty? There is a globe box light but no fuse for it?

I need to find an ACC-powered fuse in that side panel to tap for my radar detector install. I suppose worst case, I could tap a fuse in the passenger footwell if I know which fews were switced with ACC-power. Pics are attached for reference. Thanks, all!

The following users liked this post:
docduc (04-17-2017)
Old 10-13-2016, 08:42 PM

2017 AMG C63S Coupe
Anyone??
Old 10-18-2016, 12:44 AM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
2015 Range Rover Sport Autobiography; 2019 AMG E63S; 2021 Range Rover HSE Westminister
15 amp blue or green fuse is your AC. In your diagram it's the 207 - 15A. Tap that and hardware your detector to it. Use one of the bolts visible on the engine side of the door next to fuses for your ground. I just wired in my dashcam that's how I know.

Last edited by VaserC63S; 10-18-2016 at 12:46 AM.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:10 AM

2017 AMG C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by VaserC63S
15 amp blue or green fuse is your AC. In your diagram it's the 207 - 15A. Tap that and hardware your detector to it. Use one of the bolts visible on the engine side of the door next to fuses for your ground. I just wired in my dashcam that's how I know.
I tapped into 218 on Friday. So far, so good.
The following users liked this post:
VaserC63S (10-19-2016)
Old 10-19-2016, 04:46 AM

2015 Range Rover Sport Autobiography; 2019 AMG E63S; 2021 Range Rover HSE Westminister
I wouldn't tap that as airbag is a safety feature and I'd rather tap into AC. Anyway current draw is small enough not to be an issue but if an accident happens and it is noted you tapped that, I don't know what insurance might say. AC no one cares. Worked fine for me too.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK55
I'm sorry for digging up an old thread - but I'm trying to install a dashcam in my 2017 C63 Cab now.

I found fuse 207 -AC - but it seems to always have voltage - which means the dashcam doesn't shut off. I would prefer the dahscam to be switched - i.e. On with ignition and off when parked.

Thank you..

Is there another one that I should tap? Thank you..

Old 09-10-2017, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 178 Likes on 143 Posts
Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Are you set on wiring to the side fuse box? I wired mine to the trunk fuse box, so if you're interested in that, lmk and I can tell you which one to plug it in to.

Other than that, I can tell you that a $7 fuse voltage detector from AutoZone makes finding a good fuse simple.. I'd recommend just getting one and finding a good non-catastrophic fuse that's only live with ignition.
Old 09-10-2017, 11:58 PM

2001 CLK55
I'm not set - but it's a convertible so going back to the trunk is a bit of a hassle for the dashcam. I also tried the passenger side box with no luck. I'm using my fluke, which is how I know there is voltage and it's not ACC. Just hoping someone might have some information or I missed something..
Old 09-11-2017, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by amarzano
I'm sorry for digging up an old thread - but I'm trying to install a dashcam in my 2017 C63 Cab now.

I found fuse 207 -AC - but it seems to always have voltage - which means the dashcam doesn't shut off. I would prefer the dahscam to be switched - i.e. On with ignition and off when parked.

Thank you..

Is there another one that I should tap? Thank you..
I used the power magic Pro hardwire kit so I wanted the always on. It basically allows you to set a time and voltage limit so your battery won't drain but you can record up to 12hrs or more in parking mode with Blackvue, so if your car is hit or someone goes by it turns on and records.

But if all you want is switched power, tap some other fuse. DO NOT tab airbag or suspension fuse. My tech at the dealer inspected mine after I had already installed it says its all good as long as you don't mess with airbag or suspension fuses. You can tap interior lighting or your head lights or even AC. The current draw is small enough its safe. The airbag and suspension could be warranty issue if anything were to happen was reason he says don't touch those. Unlikely but better safe than sorry
Old 09-11-2017, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 178 Likes on 143 Posts
Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Originally Posted by amarzano
I'm not set - but it's a convertible so going back to the trunk is a bit of a hassle for the dashcam. I also tried the passenger side box with no luck. I'm using my fluke, which is how I know there is voltage and it's not ACC. Just hoping someone might have some information or I missed something..
The other thing I would recommend for you is the Cell Link B -- might be hard with your fuse box location, though, which is why I wired mine to the trunk fuse box. With the Cell Link B, the camera runs off the Cell Link battery while the engine is off, thus not draining your car's batter at all (no additional wear and tear on the car battery), and when the car is on, it will charge the cell Link B battery AND run your cameras. That way you're not wearing out your car battery, and you have the added benefit of having the camera on while it's parked (which is the main reason I got my dash cams, actually).
Old 09-11-2017, 03:57 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Ford Ranger
Here you go...

Old 09-11-2017, 07:24 PM

2001 CLK55
Thank you. For those considering it - This guy tapped in the the Airbag Fuses (the 5A and 7.5A). I do not think this is recommend. I will double check the other stack, but did not see a switch fuse in the drivers side fuse box.

Originally Posted by mras350b2
Old 09-11-2017, 07:28 PM

2001 CLK55
Thank you! This was helpful. I did look at the PMP and ordered one from Amazon. The PMP requires both a Constant and an ACC connection. Did you bought back to the trunk for both those wires?

I could see connecting the PMP to the AC fuse on the drivers side (constant on). Just need a home for the ACC wire on the PMP.

Appreciate the help..

I used the power magic Pro hardwire kit so I wanted the always on. It basically allows you to set a time and voltage limit so your battery won't drain but you can record up to 12hrs or more in parking mode with Blackvue, so if your car is hit or someone goes by it turns on and records.

But if all you want is switched power, tap some other fuse. DO NOT tab airbag or suspension fuse. My tech at the dealer inspected mine after I had already installed it says its all good as long as you don't mess with airbag or suspension fuses. You can tap interior lighting or your head lights or even AC. The current draw is small enough its safe. The airbag and suspension could be warranty issue if anything were to happen was reason he says don't touch those. Unlikely but better safe than sorry
Old 09-21-2017, 05:19 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
C63S Sedan
Hey guys, i was working on my exhaust system and forgot to unplug the battery before unplugging the valves (after market) and there wa sa spark.

Since then, the speakers have stopped working on my car. The Mute/Unmute icon does not appear on my COMAND screen anymore either.

Any help? Which fuses should i check?
Old 04-19-2019, 03:25 PM

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
C63 S AMG, Jaguar F Pace S
Hi all. I already have my dash cam wired to 216, the glove box fuse on the drivers side. As far as I can tell, every other fuse is always providing power (including the AC system fuses). Does anyone have additional recommendations?