C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

auxillary battery malfunction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 c300 4 matic
auxillary battery malfunction

I have a 2015 c class 4 matic and I get auxillary battery malfunction. I called the service department and I am still under warranty but I cannot bring in the car until a week from now. The service department told me that this is the secondary battery and that is all I was told. Does anybody have this message appear and is my car safe to drive long distance?
Old 02-06-2017, 11:46 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C 180 w205
Try searching the forum,there was another topic for that,not long ago.
I had it,but it disappeared by itself.
From what i heard,it' s not from the battery as the w205 doesn't have an auxiliary battery.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:31 PM

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts
W205 C250BT
With some models there is an additional battery for the ECO start/stop in the front foot-well area near the bass speakers. It could be related to that. Go to a dealer and get an XENTRY diagnostic scan done on the vehicle.

Old 02-08-2017, 01:44 AM

c250 w205
Capacitor or voltage converter

i do have this problem.. if your start stop sytem still usable.. it's the voltage converter.. mine was the voltage converter..
At first the mercedes mechanic change the aux bat (turns out.. it's not battery.. it's a capacitor chip for w205)
For about 2 days the error was gone.. and it turn back the same error.. they change the voltage converter and no more problem till today..
All covered by the warranty..
Old 02-08-2017, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 150 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
Just had this problem with my GLC. Eco start stop stopped working. Bad main battery/regulator/capacitor. All fixed under warranty. There is no extra battery. Codes were present in Xentry
Old 02-10-2017, 11:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 C200 Sport Premium Plus. October 2018. 1497cc with 48 volt battery eq
Had this problem a few months ago, first had red message then white by the time I took car to dealer the message disappeared. Dealer replaced capacitor as above post, W205 does not have an aux battery.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:51 AM

Mercedes benz w205
Originally Posted by marmutz
i do have this problem.. if your start stop sytem still usable.. it's the voltage converter.. mine was the voltage converter..
At first the mercedes mechanic change the aux bat (turns out.. it's not battery.. it's a capacitor chip for w205)
For about 2 days the error was gone.. and it turn back the same error.. they change the voltage converter and no more problem till today..
All covered by the warranty..
Hi.Please show me the location of the aux battery/capacitor.i can't find it 😞 And please help me about voltage converter. I have this massage in my car and can not go to dealer.
Old 07-04-2017, 06:55 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
benzw205
Originally Posted by Jooya
Hi.Please show me the location of the aux battery/capacitor.i can't find it 😞 And please help me about voltage converter. I have this massage in my car and can not go to dealer.

Hello,

Sorry, how to change this auxiliary battery ? I do not understand where it is.

Thank you.
Old 07-04-2017, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 150 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
Originally Posted by Jooya
Would take to dealer and have them fix it. It is not a do it yourself job.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
C350 2008 and ML350 2009
this is a DIY procedure for sure, I just finished changing mine. I have a W205 C300 2015 and the auxiliary battery malfunction message came up about 2 months ago. I was told by the Mercedes benz technician that it was not critical. The repair is covered under warranty, however I'm not able to take it to the dealer so I decided to purchase the spare part online (parts.com) for $104 with shipping included.

I went ahead and did it in about 35 min. the steps are:

1. Remove the cover under the glove compartment, this is a single screw and 2 clips
2. There are 2 cables attached to the cover (bulbs) so you have to disconnect both cables.
3. Pull back the carpet (carefully), it will be hard but the foam behind the carpet can be twisted without any issues
4. there will be a plastic cover with 3 nuts, you have to take them out and remove the plastic cover. You will see the voltage converter right there, which will be attached to the metal piece by a clip and a screw. Carefully remove the nut (Carefully and slowly). and just unplug the converter and replace with the new one and follow the same procedure in reverse.

Be careful with the tools as there are many DC cables under that carpet, so you can easily create a mess if you are not pretty careful.

I did not take any pictures with the details, but it is the same as the one posted earlier here

If you have any questions on this particular one just let me know

Regards
The following 3 users liked this post by evillavi:
J.electroauto (09-28-2017), JD Allen (04-12-2020), Jesús Aniento (05-19-2020)
Old 08-09-2017, 03:40 AM

Can I still drive my car for a week after seeing the 'Auxiliart battery malfunction' message?
Originally Posted by evillavi
this is a DIY procedure for sure, I just finished changing mine. I have a W205 C300 2015 and the auxiliary battery malfunction message came up about 2 months ago. I was told by the Mercedes benz technician that it was not critical. The repair is covered under warranty, however I'm not able to take it to the dealer so I decided to purchase the spare part online (parts.com) for $104 with shipping included.

1. Remove the cover under the glove compartment, this is a single screw and 2 clips
2. There are 2 cables attached to the cover (bulbs) so you have to disconnect both cables.
3. Pull back the carpet (carefully), it will be hard but the foam behind the carpet can be twisted without any issues
4. there will be a plastic cover with 3 nuts, you have to take them out and remove the plastic cover. You will see the voltage converter right there, which will be attached to the metal piece by a clip and a screw. Carefully remove the nut (Carefully and slowly). and just unplug the converter and replace with the new one and follow the same procedure in reverse.

Be careful with the tools as there are many DC cables under that carpet, so you can easily create a mess if you are not pretty careful.

I did not take any pictures with the details, but it is the same as the one posted earlier here

Regards
Hi,
Can I still drive the car for a week after seeing the 'auxiliary battery malfunction' message?
Old 08-09-2017, 03:57 PM

C350 2008 and ML350 2009
You s

Originally Posted by Hamie
Hi,
Can I still drive the car for a week after seeing the 'auxiliary battery malfunction' message?
yes, i drove it like that for over 1 month, perhaps 2. I checked with the MB technician before doing so

Regards

eduardo
Old 09-28-2017, 09:38 PM

Mercedes W205
Hii.men i have this problem in my W205 c220 diesel 2015 plz can you seen me 1 foto of the location aux battery
Old 10-05-2017, 10:24 AM

C200

Regards
Hi, I have checked under the glove compartment, I didn't found any capacitor,there are nothing under the plastic. Can you show me which exactly it is ?
Old 10-06-2017, 06:58 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
benzw205
Thank you so much !

Thank you so much !
Old 02-06-2018, 09:13 AM

C300 2015 2.0LT
GREAT POST

Regards

Great post post but I have a few questions.

I drive a 2015 C300 base 2.0 lt

I've been having this same issue for about 5 months now. It occurs and sometimes disappears for a couple of weeks.

1. can you kindly give us the part number to search for or a direct link to the 104$ part you purchased?

2. is there a picture of your old part so I can know exactly how it looks like.

Thanks in advance
Old 02-26-2018, 04:49 PM

C220 Bluetec AMG Line Estate
Really helpful post Evilavvi. Just changed my voltage converter following the “auxiliary battery malfunction” messsage appearing for the last few weeks on my C220 Bluetec AMGline Estate. Problem fixed straight away. Part cost €200 plus VAT in Dublin. More expensive than I expected but glad I wasn’t paying a Merc garage for their labor on top of that. They are charging €550 for a B service these days in Dublin so god knows what I would have paid to get this done in the Merc garage. Your steps were exactly correct.
Old 03-07-2018, 02:23 AM

2015 c220 estate amg line
Aux battery malfunction

Hi been reading through a few posts regarding Aux bat malfunction message. Ive got a 2015 c220 estate amg line and I got the message last month so I've had the voltage converter replaced and the message went away and everything was fine and working as it should. But the end of last week the message came back on this time flashing red then to white and has stayed on since. I've checked everything and it's all working fine still even the start stop is working great, I've even checked my main battery to make sure it was fully charged. So just just wondering if anyone as got has got any ideas on it. As car is out of warranty now. Thanks
Old 03-09-2018, 03:28 PM

w205
Hello, considering the number of complaints you find in the different forums one might think that the product is defective!
First models were shipped with a voltage converter with part no. A 205 440 00 73. Such model has been replaced by a new part no. A2059052809.

I got mine changed less than a week ago. For those interested in what happens to your voltage converter there you go:

If you want to know where it is this is a print I got from the dealer.

If you are experiencing again the problem go back to the dealer and ask for a XENTRY scan. Hope this helps.
The following 3 users liked this post by John Mocali:
benzw205 (03-10-2018), JD Allen (04-12-2020), LEAR (03-19-2021)
Old 04-17-2018, 09:12 AM

CC20 Bluetec W205

Regards
Hi, I have a C220 Bluetec W205 and the AUx Bat malfunction red alarm came on then after driving the car for a while it still flashes but only white. The start-stop function does not work and I read on this forum that if that works is not the Voltage converter. I have located and unplugged the voltage converter and the alarm is still flashing white when I stat the car. According to you should I still change this part, which is quite expensive here in South Africa and I cannot locate it on Parts.com as you suggested. Please advise
Old 04-17-2018, 10:22 AM

Received 107 Likes on 94 Posts
2016 C450 AMG / C50 Lorinser
This battery is for the Eco Stop/Start function. It is recharged when under break load. You can normally see it as "charging" when you look at the meter which shows how much L/KM you are using.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:36 PM

CC20 Bluetec W205
Originally Posted by itaolaf
Hi, I have a C220 Bluetec W205 and the AUx Bat malfunction red alarm came on then after driving the car for a while it still flashes but only white. The start-stop function does not work and I read on this forum that if that works is not the Voltage converter. I have located and unplugged the voltage converter and the alarm is still flashing white when I stat the car. According to you should I still change this part, which is quite expensive here in South Africa and I cannot locate it on Parts.com as you suggested. Please advise

Hi Cosworth2000,

Thank you for your response, can you please tell me where this battery is located and does it need to be replaced rather than the Voltage converter?
Old 05-04-2018, 09:14 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
W205 C250
Auxiliary battery

Originally Posted by Pkinsella
Really helpful post Evilavvi. Just changed my voltage converter following the “auxiliary battery malfunction” messsage appearing for the last few weeks on my C220 Bluetec AMGline Estate. Problem fixed straight away. Part cost €200 plus VAT in Dublin. More expensive than I expected but glad I wasn’t paying a Merc garage for their labor on top of that. They are charging €550 for a B service these days in Dublin so god knows what I would have paid to get this done in the Merc garage. Your steps were exactly correct.
Hi Pkinsella
my aux battery malfunction warning came on this morning for the first time, I’ve read most of the posts about replacing it but the pics show a left hand drive model, here in Australia we drive on the right side and was wondering if the aux battery is still located in the passenger foot well or in our case the drivers?
Thanks
Greg
Old 05-05-2018, 01:59 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
W205 C250
Apparently there is a new part No again 205905341480
Old 05-05-2018, 05:45 PM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
EQC 4matic AMG line Premium Plus replacing S213 220d 4matic with airmatic
I have had the warning message on a 2015 250d 4matic at about 30mths 30km. Garage replaced the "battery". Warning sign gone. This was about 6 mths ago.
stop start had seemed to work less. Initially stop start was back but all over the winter it did not work but i cover short distances and drive in an anticipatory style so do not brake heavily.
after a long run this week and in warmer weather stop start has come back after a few km.
so your use and driving style as well as ambiant temps also seem to be a factor.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: auxillary battery malfunction