E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

W211 E-Class Buyer's Guide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 02:22 PM
IB Staff

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
W211 E-Class Buyer's Guide

Everything you need to know about the W211 E-Class's features and technology.

Read the rest on the MBWorld homepage. >>
Old 02-25-2017, 03:07 AM

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
2011 GL 550, 2010 MB S550, 2004 BMW 645Cic 1988 Corvette
I'll always have a soft spot for the w211. It was my first Mercedes-Benz and I really liked the car and it was nice to drive. I loved the look of the car. The quad round headlights the shape of the hood, fenders, and grill had that classic Mercedes look that has held up. IMO it looks better than the newer models. I am more partial to that generation of Mercedes throughout the lineup actually.

I wish I had purchased an E 500 for the extra power and added features. As maintenance-free as the tex-mex is it's nice but is it's not leather and never will be. It bothers me that all these high-end German car makers don't offer leather as standard equipment. You pay a ridiculous amount of money for these cars they should all come with leather.

My car was pretty reliable. I had one minor break down in 3 years. The car rode pretty well. when the wheels weren't bent. One of two complaints I had was the car went through 2 sets of wheels when I owned it. I had the sport package and the bigger wheel offset did not work well with NYC roads. I wound up going down to 17's and I replaced the shocks and struts on my car which was the single biggest expense but was well worth the money because the car rode amazing after that.

My second complaint were the seats. While nice to look at on long trips they became uncomfortable for me after a couple of hours the back of my thighs would be numb and my back would hurt.

What most impressed me about my car was the 4matic. The car felt like a tank in the snow. I feel like the w211 handled better in the snow than my current S550.

Overall my ownership experience was a positive one and made me want to continue to buy Mercedes-Benz in the future.
The following users liked this post:
StradaRedlands (02-25-2017)