C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dinan Tune for W205 3.0L C43 AMG Preorder!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 03:22 PM
SPONSOR

Received 65 Likes on 57 Posts
G55
Dinan Tune for W205 3.0L C43 AMG Preorder!

Dinan Tune for W205 3.0L C43 AMG Preorder!-logo-alt_zpspy5d2ljn.png

Golan@AutoTalent.com

Some of you may be aware that Dinan recently got into tuning for the Mercedes platform for the non-AMG 2.0L Turbo engines seen here:

https://www.dinancars.com/product/d4...?series=&mid=/

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...o-engines.html

Dinan is set to release their C43 tune early next week and we are taking pre orders on them! Pricing is VERY attractive and can be had with a quick PM or email!

Old 03-01-2017, 04:12 PM

Received 71 Likes on 59 Posts
17' C43 Coupe
Any numbers for there tunes? Hard to put up any interest without numbers...
Old 03-01-2017, 04:27 PM
SPONSOR

G55
Originally Posted by ShazV6
Nothing final just yet but they are expecting similar gains like the 2.0 which is 30hp and 40 torque. Keep in mind this is a piggyback tune and not an ECU Flash.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:41 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by ShazV6
There's a thread on this going on in the W205 subforum. Coming from the VWAG tuning community it amazes me how many people are willing to throw something on their car without knowing what sensors it is manipulating, how much boost it is adding, whether there are timing/knock issues, what the power will be on 91 oct vs 93 oct, whether it is dealership detectable, etc.

I'm glad to see tuning options come out for the C43 but I'm baffled at the "here's a thing for your car. it will add power, maybe" approach being taken here.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:49 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 AMG C43
I've noticed the difference here also. Just a different mentality I guess.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:48 AM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
CL500
Originally Posted by Lionel_Hutz
There's a thread on this going on in the W205 subforum. Coming from the VWAG tuning community it amazes me how many people are willing to throw something on their car without knowing what sensors it is manipulating, how much boost it is adding, whether there are timing/knock issues, what the power will be on 91 oct vs 93 oct, whether it is dealership detectable, etc.

I'm glad to see tuning options come out for the C43 but I'm baffled at the "here's a thing for your car. it will add power, maybe" approach being taken here.

that's a fair assessment, but I believe in the case with Dinan you are talking about highly respected BMW tuning company which has a world renowned warranty program with their higher end products that has expanded beyond BMW now, so the confidence is pretty high they know what they're doing. I can say first hand the unit on my car has been great and no issues whatsoever thus far. just my 2 cents
Old 03-02-2017, 01:49 PM
SPONSOR

G55

I can see where you are coming from but backing up what the user above mentioned, Dinan is a HIGHLY respected tuner for BMW. They are the only tuners BMW works with directly to be covered under warranty. I would not worry too much about them putting out a tune than can be harmful.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:06 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by AutoTalent
I can see where you are coming from but backing up what the user above mentioned, Dinan is a HIGHLY respected tuner for BMW. They are the only tuners BMW works with directly to be covered under warranty. I would not worry too much about them putting out a tune than can be harmful.
Except they've decided they not providing any warranty with this tune, right?
Old 03-02-2017, 02:32 PM

CL500
a 1 years parts only warranty. for $299 retail price and a 2 minute install with Bluetooth that's pretty good IMO. Now there is speculation they will offer higher end, more expanded tuners later in the year for our platforms with their warranty deal but I would expect that will be north of the $1500 mark !
Old 03-02-2017, 02:39 PM

w205 C43, 958.1 CTT
I think it will be hard to find a company that will provide a warranty for a $300 unit.

I haven't seen anything like that when I was in the VWAG community, and the tune's (for my Cayenne Turbo) were in the $2-3k ranges without any warranties.

Prices for units which include warranties are higher because companies have to also account for the cost of possible warranty claims, even if their unit is not the cause.

Dinan is pretty active on this forum so I'm sure they will have answers to your questions once they get to them.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
To the best of my knowledge, Dinan and Renntech are the only tuning companies that offer limited warranty coverage for all or part of their product lines.

As far as what this tune affects, the details are in the original thread.
Old 03-04-2017, 02:21 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
Did anybody get this yet that could share some feedback?
Old 03-04-2017, 06:35 PM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
09 C63 AMG
Is this Dinans first venture into the MB/AMG world?

I wish Cobb would release an AP like they had for my 135i... that's an awesome unit.
Old 03-05-2017, 05:54 PM

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 GLC43

I think your concerns would be valid if we were talking about some no name or brand new company no one ever heard of. Dinan is one of the most experienced, trusted companies in the biz and I trust that they know more about sensors, boost pressures and engine tolerances, timing, knock, etc. etc. etc. that just about anyone who will actually be buying the product, myself included.

Before you order an entree from a restaurant do you ask for an ingredient list and research each item and it's potential effect on your body before you consume it?

Anyway, for anyone who is really concerned about blowing up their engine or a dealer "voiding" their warranty, they shouldn't be considering any mods from anyone to begin with.

I have tweaked/tuned/modded virtually every car (most of them brand new under warranty) I have owned in the last 20 years... from BMW to MB to porsche to audi to Vettes, and I never had any type of issue stemming from a tune/chip/flash/piggyback made by any company - of course I only purchase products from proven reputable companies.

I have also always been up front with dealers and never tried to hide my mods... even to the extent of telling dealers not to f*&k with the ECU during service visits cause I don't want them overwriting my flash. I have never ever had a dealer even raise an eyebrow or second guess any warranty repair ever, let alone talk about voiding a warranty. And in my god knows how many years of going to tracks and talking to countless other racers & enthusiasts, I have never encountered anyone who had a warranty voided or questioned.

I have no idea where this hysteria about dealers voiding warranties came from but it is completely unfounded.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:49 PM

2017 AMG C43
Originally Posted by thatkidfromjrsy
I think your concerns would be valid if we were talking about some no name or brand new company no one ever heard of. Dinan is one of the most experienced, trusted companies in the biz and I trust that they know more about sensors, boost pressures and engine tolerances, timing, knock, etc. etc. etc. that just about anyone who will actually be buying the product, myself included.

Before you order an entree from a restaurant do you ask for an ingredient list and research each item and it's potential effect on your body before you consume it?

Anyway, for anyone who is really concerned about blowing up their engine or a dealer "voiding" their warranty, they shouldn't be considering any mods from anyone to begin with.

I have tweaked/tuned/modded virtually every car (most of them brand new under warranty) I have owned in the last 20 years... from BMW to MB to porsche to audi to Vettes, and I never had any type of issue stemming from a tune/chip/flash/piggyback made by any company - of course I only purchase products from proven reputable companies.

I have also always been up front with dealers and never tried to hide my mods... even to the extent of telling dealers not to f*&k with the ECU during service visits cause I don't want them overwriting my flash. I have never ever had a dealer even raise an eyebrow or second guess any warranty repair ever, let alone talk about voiding a warranty. And in my god knows how many years of going to tracks and talking to countless other racers & enthusiasts, I have never encountered anyone who had a warranty voided or questioned.

I have no idea where this hysteria about dealers voiding warranties came from but it is completely unfounded.
Thatkid, I really didn't read Hutz's post in that light. It didn't seem to be so much a curiosity of Dinan and their products but of putting money down on an unproven item with little information. While the tune may produce gobs of power, maybe it sounds like wet flatulence- not something I'm looking for. Obviously, most of the early desire and premature buying stems from a void in the market for modding this car.

If I see something on the restaurant's menu I'm unfamiliar with, I certainly ask about it and compare it to what I do know- even at the finest of establishments. Nothing different here.

As for the warranty worries, yep, some do worry, but I didn't see much concern in this thread.

All that being said, I'm sure this product will be a nice addition falling in line with Dinan's standards.

Last edited by Big Goober; 03-05-2017 at 09:53 PM.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:35 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
$299 is not a bad price. Just have to see how reliable it is in the long run.

Last edited by AMG_FVR; 03-06-2017 at 12:43 PM.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:36 PM

CL500
Originally Posted by AMG_FVR
Is this only $299??

that is the understanding as of now
Old 03-06-2017, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by AMG_FVR
$299 is not a bad price. Just have to see how reliable it is in the long run.
This will be the exact same hardware as used for the Dinan Sport models that Dinan makes for BMW models. I strongly doubt there will be any issues with the hardware platform.
Old 03-07-2017, 12:19 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Originally Posted by thatkidfromjrsy

No it's not completely unfounded. Stop spreading misinformation dude. I had my electronic differential blow up out of nowhere and the dealer refused to honor the warranty because my "tune" is causing too much stress... they want &
$6k.. just an example.
Old 03-07-2017, 02:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 178 Likes on 143 Posts
Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
I've had Dinan products in my BMW's in the past and I can tell you they put safety and reliability WAY ahead of performance gains... To the point where they provided 1/2 the power of other tuners -- so of COURSE they had a reliable tune... Their tunes are extremely conservative so that you can beat on the car day and night without essentially any increased risk to the engine/drivetrain. I wouldn't give a second thought to this the except... Don't you want more power than what this is providing? 😝
Old 03-07-2017, 03:59 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,885 Likes on 1,322 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
My dealer straight up told me they would void my warranty if I modded ...

another example:

https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...-story-mb.html

Last edited by PeterUbers; 03-07-2017 at 04:02 AM.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:42 AM

CL500
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
My dealer straight up told me they would void my warranty if I modded ...

another example:

https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...-story-mb.html

But if the piggy back is removed as in the case with this Dinan unit the dealer "in theory" wont even know it was on there prior to taking it for service

On top of that " the dealer" cant legally state if your vehicle is "modded" they will void your warranty. That is a violation of the Magnusson moss act.
in a nutshell that is a law that protects consumers from having a warranty voided on a vehicle for simply adding an aftermarket part. The dealer MUST prove that part directly affected something to cause a warranty to be voided.
Old 03-07-2017, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C450, GLC43
Cmon guys! There's a big difference between adding 1-3lbs of boost and running stage two with aftermarket downpipes and an ECU tunes that's increasing hp/tq over 25% above stock.

There is also a huge difference in traceability between the types of mods.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:00 PM

w205 C43, 958.1 CTT
Originally Posted by subzero05
But if the piggy back is removed as in the case with this Dinan unit the dealer "in theory" wont even know it was on there prior to taking it for service

On top of that " the dealer" cant legally state if your vehicle is "modded" they will void your warranty. That is a violation of the Magnusson moss act.
in a nutshell that is a law that protects consumers from having a warranty voided on a vehicle for simply adding an aftermarket part. The dealer MUST prove that part directly affected something to cause a warranty to be voided.
The dealer can tell if you had a piggyback installed on the car if they look thru the ECU/map history even if you remove the unit.

What I'm trying to understand is why the dealer would have to go thru the history in order to diagnose/repair an issue. What kind of issue would force the dealer to look thru the data?

From my previous warranty experience, if a part is broken and the car is under warranty, the dealer just orders the new part and bills Mercedes.
Had an issue with the battery - dealer just replaced
Had an issue with the knock sensor on my Cayenne - dealer did a diag, noted the sensor failed, replaced the sensor

What kind of an issue do you need to have where they would have to look into the ECU/map data?
Old 03-08-2017, 07:37 AM

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 GLC43
Originally Posted by Guilty
No it's not completely unfounded. Stop spreading misinformation dude. I had my electronic differential blow up out of nowhere and the dealer refused to honor the warranty because my "tune" is causing too much stress... they want &
$6k.. just an example.
no dude I'm not spreading misinformation. before replying please read what you're replying to. your warranty was not voided. you had a repair denied. your warranty is still in tact. when you go back to get something else fixed it will be fixed.

on another note, sounds like your dealer is possibly screwing you imo. a typical tune is not going to cause an oe diff to explode. unless you have some ridiculous thing adding 15 lbs of boost. that diff may very well have exploded without the tune. The dealer had the burden of proof and is legally required to do more than just "claim" it's your tune. If that were me I would have got the repair covered.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.