Sponsored by:

C63s FACTORY BLOCK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 06:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C63s
C63s FACTORY BLOCK

So I ordered a new C63s coupe at the end of March from a Mercedes dealer in the London area, Obsidian black, black wheels, HUD, Carbon Ceramics, Carbon Pack I and II, premium package, lane assist, everything really apart from the glovebox air freshener. I have been waiting a long time and have not had a main car so it has been even worse. Anyway, cars original delivery date was 6th July, it then came back to 27th June, happy days!! HOWEVER the dealer was telling me it should have arrived in Zebrugge to be shipped to England now which as it left the factory on the 9th June it hadn’t I asked him to look into it and find out why. So after getting the usual not sure sir, I kicked up a fuss and said I need dates and an update as the computer ones the dealer was using is obviously wrong.. Apparently they have now found out that the car has been made and there is a block on those models leaving the factory, not sure if this means no parts, faulty parts etc… or what it means.

I have a road trip planned in August and wanted to try and do the running in and the 1500 mile diff service before I left, however now I still do not have a date when the car will come, what the problem is and not sure I actually even believe the dealer.

I know August is the shut down for the factory and I have a feeling I wont see this car until September, has anyone else ordered a c63 that is expecting delivery soon?

They have offered me a c63s saloon to keep me busy for the time my car is not due, which makes me think they are trying to soften the blow for some bad news soon

Any advice would be helpful
Old 06-23-2017, 07:26 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Evo X, C63S Edition 1 Coupe,
Hi mate. I've in a similar position, I ordered a C63s Edition 1 in Jan. My only requirement was that the car is delivered before my bday in early June. Delivery was expected in late May and I was told I'll get the car before my bday, happy days. The system the dealership used first showed a block on the car, but it wasn't clear why. I chased and never did really find out why the car was delayed. I chased and chased and was pretty annoyed by then.

Around mid-June, about 2-3 weeks after the car should have been delivered, I was offered another AMG car for the inconvenience. Lucky for me, the choice was a CLA45 or a E63s, no brainer! I've now got the E63s until my car comes. I'm looking forward to mine, but I'm quite happy to wait. My advice is get the C63s Saloon and enjoy it.

I've got a thread with pics of the E63s, feel free to check it out. I feel your pain, but you'll feel much better once you've got an AMG outside, and one that's worn in and not yours

Good luck bud

Originally Posted by supaer
So I ordered a new C63s coupe at the end of March from a Mercedes dealer in the London area, Obsidian black, black wheels, HUD, Carbon Ceramics, Carbon Pack I and II, premium package, lane assist, everything really apart from the glovebox air freshener. I have been waiting a long time and have not had a main car so it has been even worse. Anyway, cars original delivery date was 6th July, it then came back to 27th June, happy days!! HOWEVER the dealer was telling me it should have arrived in Zebrugge to be shipped to England now which as it left the factory on the 9th June it hadn’t I asked him to look into it and find out why. So after getting the usual not sure sir, I kicked up a fuss and said I need dates and an update as the computer ones the dealer was using is obviously wrong.. Apparently they have now found out that the car has been made and there is a block on those models leaving the factory, not sure if this means no parts, faulty parts etc… or what it means.

I have a road trip planned in August and wanted to try and do the running in and the 1500 mile diff service before I left, however now I still do not have a date when the car will come, what the problem is and not sure I actually even believe the dealer.

I know August is the shut down for the factory and I have a feeling I wont see this car until September, has anyone else ordered a c63 that is expecting delivery soon?

They have offered me a c63s saloon to keep me busy for the time my car is not due, which makes me think they are trying to soften the blow for some bad news soon

Any advice would be helpful
Old 06-23-2017, 08:42 AM

Mercedes C63s
yeah thanks for the reply, have they advised you how long you will have to wait, its so annoying that they can just put a block on the car, i mean what does that even mean, no parts, late... the factories shut down in August so im worried i wont get it for another few months still
Old 06-23-2017, 10:05 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2023 EQE 350 4matic / 2019 911 Carrera T
Not sure if this is helpful, but I just received a letter in the mail stating there is a safety recall (US). "The affected vehicles have front seat seat belt pretensioners that may not function properly in the event of a crash". This does affect the coupe and sedan. I spoke with my US dealer, and they told me they are not allowed to sell any vehicles on the lot affected by this issue (which makes sense). Apparently the part is not available. Maybe they are holding up the car until they fix the issue? I was told the part is currently not available.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:11 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Evo X, C63S Edition 1 Coupe,
The post above about seat belt safety might be the cause for the delay. The dealer told me it could be due to parts being unavailable but suggested more about the night pack parts e.g mirror housing, black wheels etc.

yeah thanks for the reply, have they advised you how long you will have to wait, its so annoying that they can just put a block on the car, i mean what does that even mean, no parts, late... the factories shut down in August so im worried i wont get it for another few months still
Old 06-23-2017, 01:05 PM

Audi s3
I am also in the UK waiting for my c63s coupe. It was supposed to be here before the 30th of June. It was initially meant to be built on the 9th of june but got built on the 13th and it was to be at the port in zebrugge on the 19th but when i enquired on the day if it arrived at the port i was told it is built but still at the factory and probably will be at the port on the 26th and should reach the dealer by the 4th july. I have not been told of a block but will enquire regarding this on monday. Quiet worried as my current lease car is to go back within a few weeks. I also have the night pack but i guess it is more likely to be delayed because of the seatbelt issue. The fact you guys are getting loan cars makes me feel its not going to be arriving any time soon.
Old 06-23-2017, 03:08 PM

Received 97 Likes on 90 Posts
911 991 TTS, Audi RS6 C7 Performance Edition, AMG GTS
As mentioned in Gurj84's thread I experienced delays like this myself. Very, very frustrating, I had all sorts of plans which were messed up. The link here: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...-videos-5.html is where I got the VIN number on the 21st of July last year but didn't get the car until the end of September some 2 months later. Obviously the car did arrive in the end. It is very difficult to understand what goes on at Mercedes AMG and during shipping. The dealers seem to be given very little information themselves.
Old 06-23-2017, 05:42 PM

Mercedes C63s
basically i am getting really frustrated as i had a road trip planned across Europe in August. I am pretty sure the car has not been built... The safety belt pretensioner issue was resolved a while ago from what i have read and this re call has been solved so i understand... Could it be the night pack, surely there has to be a way of finding out...
Old 06-23-2017, 05:55 PM

Do you have a vin number supaer?
Old 06-23-2017, 06:01 PM

Mercedes C63s
yeah vin and comm number
Old 06-23-2017, 06:24 PM

Might be worth you looking through my thread, quite a few people posted their statuses in there.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:42 AM

Mercedes C63s
So there is basically no way of telling when it may come it just comes when it comes lol.... thats so bad from MB
Old 06-24-2017, 08:10 AM

Audi s3
Originally Posted by DragonRR
Might be worth you looking through my thread, quite a few people posted their statuses in there.

Just read through the thread and it is concerning how poor the communication is. I rather know an exact date even if it is a few months away instead of thinking each day it could come any minute. I just hope the issues you had was down to it being a model and that anything causing a delay at the moment can be resolved quickly. Will speak to my dealer on monday and if i get the same answer i will most likely call customer service.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:59 AM

Mercedes C63s
the dealer who i am buying from did not want me to contact customer service which is why they gave me the courtesy c63s i guess to just shut me up for a few weeks.

The date i leave is 4th August and by the 6th July the car needs to be being built, if i don't get firm confirmation that it is being built i will have to pull out of the deal as I'm not letting Mercedes mug me of anymore and waiting until they feel like delivering it, i will go elsewhere and i have it in writing that i will get the deposit back if i don't get that confirmation by the 6th i think it is an utter disgrace that i have waited for 3 months only to be told that it is not even being transported let alone been made..
Old 06-24-2017, 11:25 AM

Audi s3
the dealer who i am buying from did not want me to contact customer service which is why they gave me the courtesy c63s i guess to just shut me up for a few weeks.

The date i leave is 4th August and by the 6th July the car needs to be being built, if i don't get firm confirmation that it is being built i will have to pull out of the deal as I'm not letting Mercedes mug me of anymore and waiting until they feel like delivering it, i will go elsewhere and i have it in writing that i will get the deposit back if i don't get that confirmation by the 6th i think it is an utter disgrace that i have waited for 3 months only to be told that it is not even being transported let alone been made..

did you order night pack?

just found this

https://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/general-discussion/225378-c-class-estate-night-package-restriction.html

If the delay is down to the nigh pack not being availble then that is poor. Give me the car and i will dechrome it elsewhere.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:52 AM

Mercedes C63s
So it has apparently been confirmed to me today that it is a head office block and not a shortage of parts.....
Old 06-26-2017, 06:07 PM

I've bought a lot of my cars when they are almost new (second hand) - significantly cheaper (unless we are talking GT3s of course!), you get it quickly and you can at least see what you are buying. However I've also bought BMW, Audi, Mercedes and a few others from new and the order to delivery process all seem to be a pretty similar experience. Unfortunately when the delays happen it ruins the whole experience.

I was pretty excited about getting mine last year.. this turned to disappointment and a loss of trust in being supplied the car in a reasonable period of time. Had the Audi I switched to at the time been available immediately I would never have seen my C63 as I cancelled my order and the dealer returned my deposit.