Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Navigation - Custom POIs on SD Card

All,

I have found the worldwide database SCDB.info to provide a compatible format for custom POIs, benefit being the addition of speed cameras, radar cameras, etc.

I have been able to put them on the SD card, per the instructions, but cannot find a way to officially import them.... Anyone know?

They show up as available in the NAV, but I don't know if that means they will be displayed "as necessary" or if I still need to import them, etc.

Any help appreciated.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63s
Old 06-28-2017, 10:06 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
polarwhite AMG C63s W205
Hello,
I have used the same database.
First, you should format the SD-card before using it (FAT32). The card should be max 1GB.
Follow copy-paste instructions (first you should create sub-category "PersonalPOI", and thereafter copy the content of the download as such. You must select whether you have only one file containing all radar POIs, or single file for each speed category.
Then insert the card in the SD-slot in your car. Ignition on- wait 2-3 minutes.
Then Navi-Options-Personal POI. Wait 2-3 minutes.
Then you should see the radar signs in your command map.

First time I had problems with the SD card, and the POI's did not work. However after I switched to 1GB card, and formatted the card, before copying the data, the transfer to Comand was successful.
Old 06-28-2017, 10:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63s
Originally Posted by Rippe
Hello,
First, you should format the SD-card before using it (FAT32). The card should be max 1GB.
Follow copy-paste instructions (first you should create sub-category "PersonalPOI", and thereafter copy the content of the download as such. You must select whether you have only one file containing all radar POIs, or single file for each speed category.

First time I had problems with the SD card, and the POI's did not work. However after I switched to 1GB card, and formatted the card, before copying the data, the transfer to Comand was successful.
Thank you!
COMAND sees the individual files in personal POIs, so I know that they are on the cars correctly...
However, is there any specific way to ensure they are imported, or are they read from the card in real time?
It seems as if the nav wants me to select a specific file as I can navigate the files individually....
Old 06-28-2017, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63s
Hello,

BTW: my 128GB card works just fine!
I added that directory into my music SD card.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:05 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
polarwhite AMG C63s W205
Maybe the SD card should only contain POIs?
I have only SCDB-data in the card.
Comand-options-POIs - show in map
Then it shows two options, which I can select by tick boxes: traffic light(radar), radar.

I tested - removed the SD-card - radars disappeared from the map. Inserted the sd-card back, after few second radars reappeared.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63s
Maybe the SD card should only contain POIs?
I have only SCDB-data in the card.
Comand-options-POIs - show in map
Then it shows two options, which I can select by tick boxes: traffic light(radar), radar.

I tested - removed the SD-card - radars disappeared from the map. Inserted the sd-card back, after few second radars reappeared.
Dude, thank you!
I'm going to try again and see.
I can't imagine you lose the ability to play music from the SD card if you want to also use personal POIs.
But hey, MB might think it's a safety issue.

LOL!!!!!