GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Looks like a GLC43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2012 Jeep Wrangler, 2013 C250
Smile Looks like a GLC43

My lease on a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee is up in December. We currently have 3 MB's and 2 Jeeps so familiar with the brand even though I drive the Jeeps LOL.

I've been going back and forth between a pickup and a SUV as I tow 1 motorcycle. I'm amazed that a nice pickup truck goes for mid 50's. What the hell.

So my future son-in-law got a GLC300 as a loaner while his car was being serviced. I was pleasantly surprised as my daughter drives a GLK, what an improvement. What I didn't like was the lack of power. Hence now looking at the GLC43.

I went and looked at the Audi SQ5, pretty car, very plain, and I thought the interior was a bit odd. Than the Jaguar F-Pace, nice car, just not wowed. We than headed to BMW where i opted to look at the X5 as opposed to the X3. The X5 was very nice, it just seemed very 5 years ago. Than back to my MB dealer. The GLC is clearly the winner for me. Now no one has a 43 so I can't drive one but not too worried.

A gym "buddy" is my sales person at MB. He stated $500 off MSRP which I thought was odd. I went by another MB dealer and he started at 3% off. I need the car in December so I've been told to place the order by mid August.

I'm reading everything so when I start final negotiating I'll have an idea what type of discount I can push towards.

So after rambling...... Question. There are 3 local dealerships and many more within a few hours. My gym guy told me to shop the other dealers and bring him the best price and he'll try to match it. I'm having some fundamental issues with that as I think he should try to win my business 1st, not after I waste others time. Thoughts ??
Old 06-30-2017, 08:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Corvette Grand Sport, GMC Denali, 2018 GLC 43 AMG SUV
It sounds like your dealer wants your business, however they also want to make as much profit as possible! Personally, I went 1000 miles away to get my best deal, because I had no relationship with the closest dealer and did not trust them. If I were you & had a relationship established with them and wanted them to do my service, I would follow their proposal.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:54 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 Mercedes-Benz E350 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by mxman
My lease on a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee is up in December. We currently have 3 MB's and 2 Jeeps so familiar with the brand even though I drive the Jeeps LOL.

I've been going back and forth between a pickup and a SUV as I tow 1 motorcycle. I'm amazed that a nice pickup truck goes for mid 50's. What the hell.

So my future son-in-law got a GLC300 as a loaner while his car was being serviced. I was pleasantly surprised as my daughter drives a GLK, what an improvement. What I didn't like was the lack of power. Hence now looking at the GLC43.

I went and looked at the Audi SQ5, pretty car, very plain, and I thought the interior was a bit odd. Than the Jaguar F-Pace, nice car, just not wowed. We than headed to BMW where i opted to look at the X5 as opposed to the X3. The X5 was very nice, it just seemed very 5 years ago. Than back to my MB dealer. The GLC is clearly the winner for me. Now no one has a 43 so I can't drive one but not too worried.

A gym "buddy" is my sales person at MB. He stated $500 off MSRP which I thought was odd. I went by another MB dealer and he started at 3% off. I need the car in December so I've been told to place the order by mid August.

I'm reading everything so when I start final negotiating I'll have an idea what type of discount I can push towards.

So after rambling...... Question. There are 3 local dealerships and many more within a few hours. My gym guy told me to shop the other dealers and bring him the best price and he'll try to match it. I'm having some fundamental issues with that as I think he should try to win my business 1st, not after I waste others time. Thoughts ??
I'd take my business elsewhere OR take my first other offer to him, try to get him to beat it, and then take that to someone else who is trying harder.

Bear in mind though that if you see this guy at the gym regularly and buy from someone else, he might not be so friendly (if he ever was in the first place) going forward.
Old 07-01-2017, 12:35 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2018 GLC43 (On Order)
Define "gym buddy" -- because I feel like he should be working a bit harder for your business. And not just for your business but as your "buddy". I cross shopped two dealerships and ended up with 6% off a new MY18 order.. and none of those guys are my buddies. He's basically telling you to do the legwork. So either he has zero pull as a salesman or just isn't a very good one. I'd shop around and not do the work for him.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by /////Tbro
Define "gym buddy" -- because I feel like he should be working a bit harder for your business. And not just for your business but as your "buddy". I cross shopped two dealerships and ended up with 6% off a new MY18 order.. and none of those guys are my buddies. He's basically telling you to do the legwork. So either he has zero pull as a salesman or just isn't a very good one. I'd shop around and not do the work for him.
I've been cross-shopping a Macan and it also seems that a 5-6% discount on a custom order is the typical discount as well. For OP, i'd go back to his "Gym Buddy" and ask for 6%.
Old 07-09-2017, 01:01 AM

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts
Mercedes GLC43
Your gym buddy is ripping you off

you didn't post which state you're in. In CA you should be able to get a discount above 6% if you try.

if you're in California try James Reemts at Van Housen Mercedes in Rocklin near Sacramento, CA. He does great deals on custom to order and can do swaps with cars other dealers have in stock

bought my GLC43 from him and loving it. Amazing service.

4747 Granite Dr. Rocklin, Ca 95677

jreemts@mbofrocklin.com

www.mbofrocklin.com

www.vonhousen.com

916-275-3362 Office

530-713-6380 Cell
Old 02-22-2019, 09:02 PM

2009 CLS550, 2005 E320 Estate 2017 GLC43C4
Sorry to ask but what GLC43 did you buy from vonhousen?
Old 02-22-2019, 09:31 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
GLC 63 S Coupe
If your looking for a great deal call the gentleman below. No hassle and delivers. He will beat anyone else

James Ononui 714-562-1365
OnonuiJ@AutoNation.com
House of Imports (Mercedes-Benz) 714-562-1100
6862 Auto Center Drive
Buena Park, CA 90621
Old 02-23-2019, 11:53 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2018 GLC 63 AMG Coupe
My best experience has always been with my car broker, answers all my questions and shows me where every penny goes, Ferrante and Son Sales and Leasing in San Jose, CA for anyone who may be interested.
Old 02-23-2019, 04:07 PM

The reason I asked is I just bought a 2017 used glc43c4 from same dealership, it is my understanding they sold it to the original owner, and was wondering if he/she is on this site.
Old 02-24-2019, 08:25 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 GLC43
Personally go were you can get the best price.
Salesmen are salesmen and they make like your buddy and tell you they are giving you the best deal all while the more money they get the bigger commission they make.
Money is money better in my pocket than in someone else’s just remember it business and don’t take it personal !!!!!
Old 02-24-2019, 05:36 PM

My intent was to find previous owner, no matter how good of a deal, they let you think your getting, your pretty much getting screwed. I've been in commercial lending for thirty years, and no one in sales, is doing it for practice. Thanks for your input, it was well received. Need a loan?
Old 02-24-2019, 06:22 PM

2018 GLC43
Originally Posted by benzover
My intent was to find previous owner, no matter how good of a deal, they let you think your getting, your pretty much getting screwed. I've been in commercial lending for thirty years, and no one in sales, is doing it for practice. Thanks for your input, it was well received. Need a loan?
My wife won’t go when I buy a car she thinks I am very rude to the managers.
She drove the 43 liked it then went to the customer lounge while I made the deal.
The salesman laughed as I proceeded to let the beatings begin.
Having worked for dealers for a lot of years I learned all the games that are played.
I tell people get the deal you want or walk.
And a test drive is at least 25 miles!!!!!
Old 02-25-2019, 11:01 AM

For the last few months, off and on, Have been looking for new(er) benz. Thought about GLE43 coupe, it's just bigger than I need and at 1000 lbs heavier it will suck more fuel. My driving ethic is lead, follow or get out of the way. Saw a GLC43C4 (CPO MSRP 75,000) on Cars.com 1/5/19 pretty much optioned out , didn't need rear heated seats ( never have my fat *** back there anyway) or the running board. Other than the white(free) color wanted it. They started at 54k last week down to 48, so called them and bought it. It was in Cali, I'm in Wi, paid $1300 to ship it ( could have gooten it shipped for 1,000, but if any problems they would be mine. Having them ship it if there are any issues, i'll just refuse to sign Bill of Lading. Has 35k on it but that's no big deal. Bought extended unlimited mileage warranty, good till 5/7/24. They wanted 3995. for warranty got it for 3100( they will never have to do any warranty work on it so what do they care it's in Wi). I'm OCD about maintenance and do it myself, I consider it therapy. On cars.com nationally, there are on two 2017 GLC43C4's and only six 2018's , so all is good ( so far). No never drove one, actually only sat in a GLC300, that's all the local dealer had, but none the less liked it. Dealer I bought the car from tried charging me $400 for some glass etching B.S. told them I don't want or need it, said it was already on the car, told them to take it off, said they can't, told them I won't pay for it and they can keep the car, they wanted car off Floor Plan, so they knocked the $400 off the price. Someone is always trying to slip you the salami

I like your comment on salesman, I email, this guy saying I'm interested he sends me all the propaganda on the car waits 30 minutes and calls " How do you like the car" (him) " Not sure haven't even seen one yet ,I'll go to local dealership and look at one tomorrow" (me) Calls me back next day and wants to know what I think, I told him I was interested, says he wants to put together a deal, I blew him off for two hrs. This time he calls back and it's him and the used car manager on the horn( they have more managers than salesmen, like a bank has more Vice presidents than tellers) Their yacking away and I'm listening to the " well, we have a wholesaler that wants to buy it" I told the sales guy, "if you peddle it to the wholesaler you can kiss your commission goodbye" The manger jumps in almost yelling " you need to make a decision" I said " dude are you yelling at me"? "No sir, No sir " That appears to me to be the full court press! Thought it odd that after 45 days on the lot, now that I'm interested in it they have a wholesaler that wants to buy it, B.S. flag is flying! Price was 6k cheaper than the next cheapest, even with all the crap of dealing with the people at the dealership. I bought it, yep I'm an idiot, if you don't believe me, ask any of my wives, they validate it.
Old 02-25-2019, 11:50 AM

2018 GLC43
For the last few months, off and on, Have been looking for new(er) benz. Thought about GLE43 coupe, it's just bigger than I need and at 1000 lbs heavier it will suck more fuel. My driving ethic is lead, follow or get out of the way. Saw a GLC43C4 (CPO MSRP 75,000) on Cars.com 1/5/19 pretty much optioned out , didn't need rear heated seats ( never have my fat *** back there anyway) or the running board. Other than the white(free) color wanted it. They started at 54k last week down to 48, so called them and bought it. It was in Cali, I'm in Wi, paid $1300 to ship it ( could have gooten it shipped for 1,000, but if any problems they would be mine. Having them ship it if there are any issues, i'll just refuse to sign Bill of Lading. Has 35k on it but that's no big deal. Bought extended unlimited mileage warranty, good till 5/7/24. They wanted 3995. for warranty got it for 3100( they will never have to do any warranty work on it so what do they care it's in Wi). I'm OCD about maintenance and do it myself, I consider it therapy. On cars.com nationally, there are on two 2017 GLC43C4's and only six 2018's , so all is good ( so far). No never drove one, actually only sat in a GLC300, that's all the local dealer had, but none the less liked it. Dealer I bought the car from tried charging me $400 for some glass etching B.S. told them I don't want or need it, said it was already on the car, told them to take it off, said they can't, told them I won't pay for it and they can keep the car, they wanted car off Floor Plan, so they knocked the $400 off the price. Someone is always trying to slip you the salami

I like your comment on salesman, I email, this guy saying I'm interested he sends me all the propaganda on the car waits 30 minutes and calls " How do you like the car" (him) " Not sure haven't even seen one yet ,I'll go to local dealership and look at one tomorrow" (me) Calls me back next day and wants to know what I think, I told him I was interested, says he wants to put together a deal, I blew him off for two hrs. This time he calls back and it's him and the used car manager on the horn( they have more managers than salesmen, like a bank has more Vice presidents than tellers) Their yacking away and I'm listening to the " well, we have a wholesaler that wants to buy it" I told the sales guy, "if you peddle it to the wholesaler you can kiss your commission goodbye" The manger jumps in almost yelling " you need to make a decision" I said " dude are you yelling at me"? "No sir, No sir " That appears to me to be the full court press! Thought it odd that after 45 days on the lot, now that I'm interested in it they have a wholesaler that wants to buy it, B.S. flag is flying! Price was 6k cheaper than the next cheapest, even with all the crap of dealing with the people at the dealership. I bought it, yep I'm an idiot, if you don't believe me, ask any of my wives, they validate it.
Personally I would have told them to kick rocks!!!!
Did you look on Cars Guru?
Old 02-25-2019, 12:38 PM

just did zero cars and at this point it's an exercise in futility, I own it . It's on, a car hauler on it's way to wi.
Old 02-26-2019, 09:24 AM

Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts
2017 E400 Coupe & 2018 GLC43
Thumbs up

just did zero cars and at this point it's an exercise in futility, I own it . It's on, a car hauler on it's way to wi.
~ congrats!

Old 02-26-2019, 09:49 AM

Thank you.
Old 02-26-2019, 09:55 AM

'09 CLK550 - silver

Crazy that I test drove that white GLC with no guards (dark brown leather interior). It was on sale in the dealership in Sacramento for $42k. First time driving the model, now I'll be getting one in mid Summer.
Old 02-26-2019, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Mamba Madison
Crazy that I test drove that white GLC with no guards (dark brown leather interior). It was on sale in the dealership in Sacramento for $42k. First time driving the model, now I'll be getting one in mid Summer.
When did you drive it? the sticker I saw (original from 1/3/19) said 54xxx, dropped to 47xxx when I bought it. Was the one you drove a coupe or suv ? And are you yanking my chain? If so I think it's funny, but doubt if you can find a glc43c4 for 42k
Old 02-26-2019, 10:52 AM

'09 CLK550 - silver
It was a white coupe. I went on Feb 9th. Initially wanted to drive the gle coupe, but the salesman was new and loved the GLC 43 so we drove it. Amazing car. And yes, they were running a sale with placard in the window, confirmed by the salesman, for $42k. I didn't realize that was such a deal.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:31 AM

If you send me a pm I think I can forward the propaganda they sent me. I do believe that it is same car. When I was looking at it I called my bank( Pentagon Credit Union ) to have them give me a value, gave them the VIN and they said it was worth 57xxx. So I bought it. DON"T TELL MY WIFE! you could have bought it cheaper.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:40 AM

'09 CLK550 - silver
You got a great car. I just happened to stumble into the dealership that day. I had no desire to buy anything. I was cross shopping against the Macan, Velar, and used Model S. But now that I want a GLC 43 coupe, I realize I'll have to hunt for a $42k CPO come August when I'm ready to pull the trigger. Cheers to your new purchase!!
Old 02-26-2019, 11:58 AM

Only thing on cars.com or Guru, is a 17 glc43 suv, with less options than a quarter pounder, not even keyless start ! And they want 48k for that. So, after all said and done, I didn't have to drop my pants to far. Thanks