Sponsored by:

Edition 1 Yellow Paint Code?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 10:30 PM

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts
'17 AMG C63S Edition 1 Coupe, '18 AMG C63S Convertible, '19 AMG GLS63
Question Edition 1 Yellow Paint Code?

I know the yellow on the body panels is vinyl, but the wheels are painted the exact same color as the vinyl. Anyone know the paint code for it? Or how to get it?
Old 07-09-2017, 09:10 AM

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
C63s ED1 Coupe
Someone said it is Porsche 'Signal yellow' from what I remember.

Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:45 AM

Hmmm. I'm guessing you're referring to this thread? https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...cals-rims.html
Old 07-20-2017, 10:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG C63S Coupe Edition 1
The yellow is AMG Polar Yellow. Paint code 278. Hope this helps.
Old 07-22-2017, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by indyC63sCoupe
The yellow is AMG Polar Yellow. Paint code 278. Hope this helps.
Awesome. How'd you figure it out?
Old 07-23-2017, 10:19 PM

AMG C63S Coupe Edition 1
I got it from my dealer who did some research. I believe it was based on the 2015 DTM AMG colours. Its a lovely colour actually.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:16 PM

So I'm still searching for the color. Here's the update I have thus far:

- In this thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...cals-rims.html it states he confirmed it wasn't Solarbeam or Calcite Yellow. It's suggested to be Porsche 1328 Signal Yellow.

- My dealership looked into it, and states there is NO paint code, as none of the yellow on the car is paint. It's all vinyl (including the wheels).

- Having said that I've been able to perfectly match the vinyl using swatches from the best vinyl shop in Tampa.

- I'm taking my car in to one of the top pain shops in Tampa as well, and they're gonna try AMG Solarbeam, Porsche Signal Yellow, and a few other colors they have and try and match it. If they can, great. If not, I'm gonna just stick with the vinyl, which is a perfect match. If we're successful with the paint, I'll confirm on this thread. Otherwise, I'll find out the swatch info and post it up.

Attached Thumbnails Edition 1 Yellow Paint Code?-color.jpg  

Last edited by FDNewbie; 08-16-2017 at 06:18 PM.
Old 04-15-2020, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 CLA 250 Edition 1
Vinyl brand and color

Originally Posted by FDNewbie
So I'm still searching for the color. Here's the update I have thus far:

- In this thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...cals-rims.html it states he confirmed it wasn't Solarbeam or Calcite Yellow. It's suggested to be Porsche 1328 Signal Yellow.

- My dealership looked into it, and states there is NO paint code, as none of the yellow on the car is paint. It's all vinyl (including the wheels).

- Having said that I've been able to perfectly match the vinyl using swatches from the best vinyl shop in Tampa.

- I'm taking my car in to one of the top pain shops in Tampa as well, and they're gonna try AMG Solarbeam, Porsche Signal Yellow, and a few other colors they have and try and match it. If they can, great. If not, I'm gonna just stick with the vinyl, which is a perfect match. If we're successful with the paint, I'll confirm on this thread. Otherwise, I'll find out the swatch info and post it up.

Hello! I’m interested to put the yellow decal too. Could you please tell me the brand and the color name of the vinyl that you said that is a perfect match?

thank you.
Old 04-16-2020, 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by black.gold87
Hello! I’m interested to put the yellow decal too. Could you please tell me the brand and the color name of the vinyl that you said that is a perfect match?

thank you.
I believe it was Oracal vinyl, but I don't recall which yellow it was.
Old 06-03-2021, 06:30 PM

C63s
I believe it was Oracal vinyl, but I don't recall which yellow it was.

Hey mate what colour did it end up being ?
Old 06-15-2021, 12:28 PM

I don't recall. My vinyl guy simply looked up Oracal samples and found an exact match, and ordered a roll of that color.
Old 09-03-2021, 01:27 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
C63S
this is wild, so from the factory the yellow on the wheels was VINYL, not PAINT?

was searching to try and find out what color it is so I can get some touch up paint. it's obvious someone had repainted them (poorly) and then touched them up again (again, poorly).
Old 04-24-2022, 06:04 AM

cla 45
I don't recall. My vinyl guy simply looked up Oracal samples and found an exact match, and ordered a roll of that color.

any luck from your vinyl guy. I’m currently looking for exact color myself and can’t find S**T…. In a runt and don’t want to buy a bunch of different samples trying to figure it out. Would you be able to ask him ?
Old 04-25-2022, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by youngdeal
any luck from your vinyl guy. I’m currently looking for exact color myself and can’t find S**T…. In a runt and don’t want to buy a bunch of different samples trying to figure it out. Would you be able to ask him ?
Oracal Series 951 Premium Cast 208 Post Office Yellow.

The actual vinyl used by the factory is made by a different company, that is only sold in Europe. You can order the actual stripes (they have part #s). But they're like $200ish for each piece. FYI. That will get you the exact color in the exact dimensions (the factory vinyl is not a uniform width; it tapers).
Old 06-09-2023, 01:48 PM

AMG C63S Ed1 coupe
Oracal Series 951 Premium Cast 208 Post Office Yellow.

The actual vinyl used by the factory is made by a different company, that is only sold in Europe. You can order the actual stripes (they have part #s). But they're like $200ish for each piece. FYI. That will get you the exact color in the exact dimensions (the factory vinyl is not a uniform width; it tapers).
You write as if you know the name of the OEM stripes manufacturer, will you reveal?
Old 06-10-2023, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by keraj
You write as if you know the name of the OEM stripes manufacturer, will you reveal?
I do. But I don't have it memorized; sorry. I ended up buying some of the OEM stripes, and the manufacturer's name is printed/embossed on the underside of the vinyl. I'm not at home right now, so I may forget to check it for you. So feel free to remind me

FYI though, in my experience, when a manufacturer makes something purpose-built for another manufacturer, they sign an exclusivity deal, and will not provide you with that material directly. Ie, you can't source it from them; they'll tell you you have to source it from Mercedes. You can do that here: https://mercteil.com/c-63-coupe-edit...retrofit-PE8q0

I ran into the same thing with Recaro; the material they make for some of their OEM applications can only be obtained through the vehicle manufacturer, and not through Recaro directly - even after the part was discontinued from the vehicle manufacturer.
Old 06-15-2023, 10:25 AM

AMG C63S Ed1 coupe
I do. But I don't have it memorized; sorry. I ended up buying some of the OEM stripes, and the manufacturer's name is printed/embossed on the underside of the vinyl. I'm not at home right now, so I may forget to check it for you. So feel free to remind me

FYI though, in my experience, when a manufacturer makes something purpose-built for another manufacturer, they sign an exclusivity deal, and will not provide you with that material directly. Ie, you can't source it from them; they'll tell you you have to source it from Mercedes. You can do that here: https://mercteil.com/c-63-coupe-edit...retrofit-PE8q0

I ran into the same thing with Recaro; the material they make for some of their OEM applications can only be obtained through the vehicle manufacturer, and not through Recaro directly - even after the part was discontinued from the vehicle manufacturer.
I'm still very curious if you find the OEM stripes manufacturer. I live in Europe so I'll borrow their samples and compare colors. Of course I agree with you that many OEM materials for car manufacturers are special production totally different from retail market available for regular consumer.