V7 Power Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 01:38 PM

Received 99 Likes on 46 Posts
C63
V7 Power Problem

Hurrah, a V7 thread with a difference.

I loaded my new V7 (non-beta) to my car today via MyGenius. Easy as always, write completes and off you drive. I was never a real fan of V6 for the same reasons people have documented in here and it's unrefined characteristics at times, so V7 looked good. The car is run on 94OCT which is the grade the tune was written to use.

Instantly I notice that below 4000rpm the car feels more eager in 'C', so all good and I drive about for 15min to let everything heat up. I flick it into S, S+ and M and it all feels really good under 4000rpm whilst I have a little play, downshifts seem sharper and crackling from the exhaust seems to have increased.

Then I nail it on a safe piece of road after selecting Sport Handling mode, as anything less is too intrusive. Great until 4000rpm and THEN...
...so so so flat. The car accelerates but it feels held back and like I say, just flat. It's not the usual relentless shove in the back until you reach redline.

I gave it an hours worth of driving but it didn't improve, so I reflashed back to V6. Hey presto, back to its good old sledge-hammer self.

Car is a 2013 coupe with IPE Headers.

Any educated ideas? It would seem obvious to me it's a mapping problem so I have emailed EC, although it's always good to get some theories from others.

Last edited by Cozy; 08-26-2017 at 01:40 PM.
Old 08-26-2017, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 144 Likes on 110 Posts
2012 c63 AMG, 2011 GLK 350, 2019 GLS 450
You say non beta why? I have not seen an official release. Is it released now?
Old 08-26-2017, 02:25 PM

C63
Originally Posted by AMGonFire
You say non beta why? I have not seen an official release. Is it released now?
Yes sir, it's official. I purchased directly from them.
Old 08-26-2017, 02:37 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan (SOLD), 2011 SLS Gullwing (SOLD), 2009 SLK55 (SOLD), 2015 C7 Z06 7MT, 2016 C450amg
yeah the tune is down the list on the C63 page on their website. $150 and it ends up charging tax but Jerry responded and said that will be refunded.
Old 08-26-2017, 02:39 PM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
-
Yes it's released now, check their website. But something seems off, I noticed the increase in power immediately. When pushing it in S+ and Sport handling mode then the cur is struggling for traction and the ESP is flashing, but not cutting the power.
Old 08-26-2017, 03:15 PM

C63
Originally Posted by renepello
Yes it's released now, check their website. But something seems off, I noticed the increase in power immediately. When pushing it in S+ and Sport handling mode then the cur is struggling for traction and the ESP is flashing, but not cutting the power.
At least you're getting the power.

I just took mine out again now with the V6, now it's evening and it's a lot cooler. I forget how much of an animal this thing can be. Tried V7 again...blugh.
Old 08-26-2017, 04:04 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Mercedes C63 AMG SALOON
It shouldn't make a difference weather it's the beta tune or not. Both the V7 beta and official V7 tunes are exactly the same tune, so I've been told. Am sure Jerry@ EC will sort the problem anyway.
Old 08-27-2017, 04:06 PM

Received 125 Likes on 107 Posts
2014 Mercedes C63 AMG 507 Edition
You said you have headers on your car. Has it been tuned for the headers.
Old 08-27-2017, 04:21 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Savage-wp
You said you have headers on your car. Has it been tuned for the headers.
I sure hope so as I listed those in my list of parts. In fact aside from ROW's, they're the only part I have.

I'm sure there's some explanation, however for "fun" I flashed V5 no-headers tune today and it felt like it ran stronger than the V7 supposedly for headers. What was fun was then flashing to V6 headers and feeling the difference.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:25 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63 EDITION 1, 2000 CIVIC SI EM1
This is the same issue I also experienced and again like you said it feels faster off when just hitting the gas at low rpm nut in higher gears and speeds its very clucky, also when pedal is to the floor when shifting mine was almost doing a double shift. had to flash back to v6 and I have mbh headers as well 2013 non pp
The following users liked this post:
Cozy (08-29-2017)
Old 08-28-2017, 08:41 AM

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
C63 AMG Black Series
This hit or miss regarding tunes from Eurocharged is what concerns me. It should be the same across the board for everyone. I'm all for improvements, but it seems like it's just getting worse in regards to not being consistent as newer versions come out.

Looks like most agree on V5 was the best from what I can gather here in recent posts.
Old 08-28-2017, 03:46 PM

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 Coupe
Alright to avoid making a new thread I'm just gonna post my thoughts here-

Purchased v7 today coming from v5, killed about a half a tank playing with it to see the differences. So far this is what I've noticed:

-v7 without a doubt downshifts faster/harder than v5. I don't know if its because the transmission "logic" was reset when the new tune was applied but in all modes the transmission upshifts slower than v5 unless your wot

-v7 makes a lot more power from 4-5.5k rpm. I get that mapping it that way might be more "usable" from day to day but I liked how stock and v5 just kept building power harder up to redline. I'm not saying the car falls on its face after 5.5k, it just noticeably pulls less than what I was used to with v5

Overall it's a good tune, I have only messed with it for a few hours so I definitely have to spend some more time with v7 but right now if the car had to stay with either v5 or v7 for the remainder of my ownership I'd stick with v5. I don't know about you guys but I don't drive this car every day but every time I do I drive it pretty hard hitting redline at least a few times. v7 supposedly makes more power; I didn't feel that it did, just made power earlier.
Old 08-28-2017, 05:52 PM

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
14 polar white E550
I have the same problem and had told Jerry about it , he said he will look into it . I had the v6 and flashed to the v7 and like you said let everything warm up and it all felt awesome till I florred it . Felt flat in power and the tranny was slipping with light throttle. Loaded the v6 back and all was fine and the power returned , might be just a fluke in the file who knows!
Cozy (08-29-2017)
Old 08-28-2017, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31
Would like to see more feedback as I'm going to Eurocharged Austin TX on saturday for tune and airboxes and want to make sure I'm getting the best tune put on my car
Old 08-28-2017, 07:20 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series
is it possible to order the V5 tune still?
Old 08-29-2017, 05:08 AM

C63
Originally Posted by kevy3
This is the same issue I also experienced and again like you said it feels faster off when just hitting the gas at low rpm nut in higher gears and speeds its very clucky, also when pedal is to the floor when shifting mine was almost doing a double shift. had to flash back to v6 and I have mbh headers as well 2013 non pp

Originally Posted by Amr_c63
I have the same problem and had told Jerry about it , he said he will look into it . I had the v6 and flashed to the v7 and like you said let everything warm up and it all felt awesome till I florred it . Felt flat in power and the tranny was slipping with light throttle. Loaded the v6 back and all was fine and the power returned , might be just a fluke in the file who knows!

Thank you for replying. In the nicest way, it's good to see others with a problem and that I'm not alone.

I appreciate that Houston is having some difficulties now so Jerry may be unavailable (best wishes to all affected by the flooding) however, I did get a response from EC. To keep this thread updated and to give anyone affected some info, I'll note what progress I am making.

EC advised me to disconnect the battery last night to reset adaptations and leave for 8hrs. Before doing this I reflashed V7, took it out (was still the same) and then returned home. I reconnected it this morning and took it for a good drive and the tune still feels the same.

Have either of you tried disconnecting your battery? It may be an idea to try but then again maybe EC should advise. I can't help but feel that when uploading a new tune, it should reset any adaptations anyway and, surely if V6 works flawlessly then it's proven that everything else checks out.

I'm sure now that more of us are reporting the same issue that EC will dig deep to help. Out of interest, where in the world are you both located? I wondered if perhaps it was down to a particular ECU type, if they differ by country; I am in the U.K.

Could the new "VVT tuning" be the cause of the the problem post-4000rpm?
Old 08-29-2017, 07:44 AM

14 polar white E550
Originally Posted by Cozy
Thank you for replying. In the nicest way, it's good to see others with a problem and that I'm not alone.

I appreciate that Houston is having some difficulties now so Jerry may be unavailable (best wishes to all affected by the flooding) however, I did get a response from EC. To keep this thread updated and to give anyone affected some info, I'll note what progress I am making.

EC advised me to disconnect the battery last night to reset adaptations and leave for 8hrs. Before doing this I reflashed V7, took it out (was still the same) and then returned home. I reconnected it this morning and took it for a good drive and the tune still feels the same.

Have either of you tried disconnecting your battery? It may be an idea to try but then again maybe EC should advise. I can't help but feel that when uploading a new tune, it should reset any adaptations anyway and, surely if V6 works flawlessly then it's proven that everything else checks out.

I'm sure now that more of us are reporting the same issue that EC will dig deep to help. Out of interest, where in the world are you both located? I wondered if perhaps it was down to a particular ECU type, if they differ by country; I am in the U.K.

Could the new "VVT tuning" be the cause of the the problem post-4000rpm?

I am located in the Boston , east side of the US . I did disconnect the battery for 8hrs since jerry told me to do that , next morning connected it and still the same. There is something either missing or wrong in the tuning tables within the file/software. Like i said partial throttle and light driving the transmission is slipping between gears and sound like a high stall / converter drag car. All in All im sure it can be resolved as EC is awesome at what they do and will go above and beyond to make sure their customers are satisfied.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:30 AM

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
C63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by jgottsman11
Would like to see more feedback as I'm going to Eurocharged Austin TX on saturday for tune and airboxes and want to make sure I'm getting the best tune put on my car
I would honestly hold off on a tune and enjoy the car as is for a bit. Especially since you're just picking it up.
jgottsman11 (08-29-2017)
Old 08-29-2017, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by SuckaGDog
I would honestly hold off on a tune and enjoy the car as is for a bit. Especially since you're just picking it up.
Thought about it. I'm just too impatient and want those crisper shifts as a transmission is a big element of driving for me, even though I know it doesn't affect the tcu
Old 08-29-2017, 09:41 AM

14 polar white E550
Thought about it. I'm just too impatient and want those crisper shifts as a transmission is a big element of driving for me, even though I know it doesn't affect the tcu

Your right it doesn't mess with tcu unit , but the crisper and quicker shifts are due to the increase of load pressure requested from the engine which correlates to the transmission characteristics.
jgottsman11 (08-29-2017)
Old 08-29-2017, 10:02 AM

C63
Honestly, even the 457hp is great fun and incredibly quick so if you can wait, I would as you'll really appreciate the difference a tune makes later.

You may have V7 flashed and be ok, but it just seems like a few of us who have purchased the tune are getting this one issue so there is something that needs working out; might be better to wait for the refinements but understand if you can't wait . You'll have a blast either way, and I don't believe that this problem we have is a bad reflection on Eurocharged at all.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:12 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts
93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by Cozy
Honestly, even the 457hp is great fun and incredibly quick so if you can wait, I would as you'll really appreciate the difference a tune makes later.

You may have V7 flashed and be ok, but it just seems like a few of us who have purchased the tune are getting this one issue so there is something that needs working out; might be better to wait for the refinements but understand if you can't wait . You'll have a blast either way, and I don't believe that this problem we have is a bad reflection on Eurocharged at all.
I wanted to encourage those who are having some issues, Kev, Amr_63, and Cozy to email Jerry again.

He is expecting an email from y'all and looking to sort out the issues - despite the adverse conditions in Houston.

He's dry and ready to help!

Jerry@eurocharged.com

Thanks

Dave
Old 08-29-2017, 11:43 AM

14 polar white E550
Originally Posted by DavesMeanE's
I wanted to encourage those who are having some issues, Kev, Amr_63, and Cozy to email Jerry again.

He is expecting an email from y'all and looking to sort out the issues - despite the adverse conditions in Houston.

Jerry@eurocharged.com

Thanks

Dave
I did receive an email from him this morning informing me to stay on the v6 till further notice due to the Houston location being closed and he wont have access to the projects.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:21 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Mercedes C63 AMG SALOON
Am also in the UK but have the V7 beta tune which shouldn't make a difference as there both the exact same tune. I did offer too buy the official V7 tune when it was released as I started noticing problems with the beta tune but was told there's no need as there the exact same tune. Well am pretty much suffering the same problems as Kevy3 & Cosy are. I've removed the V7 tune and returned too the V6. I was in contact with Jerry about a week or so ago about my problems and was told the same thing about disconnecting the battery for 8hrs+ but it didn't help at all. I've emailed Jerry again yesterday but am still waiting on a reply but under the circumstances in Houston it's understandable.
Old 08-29-2017, 05:28 PM

C63
Originally Posted by DavesMeanE's

Jerry@eurocharged.com

Thanks

Dave
Thanks, Dave.

I have a dialogue open with Jerry and Philip.

Originally Posted by EDDIE12
Am also in the UK but have the V7 beta tune which shouldn't make a difference as there both the exact same tune. I did offer too buy the official V7 tune when it was released as I started noticing problems with the beta tune but was told there's no need as there the exact same tune. Well am pretty much suffering the same problems as Kevy3 & Cosy are. I've removed the V7 tune and returned too the V6. I was in contact with Jerry about a week or so ago about my problems and was told the same thing about disconnecting the battery for 8hrs+ but it didn't help at all. I've emailed Jerry again yesterday but am still waiting on a reply but under the circumstances in Houston it's understandable.
Thanks for chipping in, Eddie, it's good (bad) to hear you have the same. I'm running with V6 until it's all ironed out. Like you say, we can't expect much in light of the situation in Texas, all we can do is offer best wishes, as the footage I've seen just doesn't look good.

Jerry will be along soon no doubt.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: V7 Power Problem