E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Warranty on fuel tank and pump replacement?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 07:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 E350 Wagon
Warranty on fuel tank and pump replacement?

Hi all! Some of you may have seen my post a few months ago where I had a leaking / failing fuel pump leading to a no start condition. A few days ago, it happened again. After the tank, both pumps, and other components were replaced a few months ago by the MB dealership under the extended fuel tank/pump warranty, it appears the fuel pump has failed again.

When presented with the diagnosis of a failing pump and the cost to repair, I asked about it being covered under warranty since the parts were just recently replaced. I will find out on Monday about that, but wanted to be able to go into the discussion informed.

I can't find the paperwork right now from the previous replacement, but I think it reasonable to think replacement components should either be covered by longer of the extended warranty by MBUSA, or 12 months, 12000 miles. What is the standard warranty for replacement components done by a dealership? Is it different since this was done under the auspices of an extended warranty?
Old 09-09-2017, 07:48 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
Extended warrantee simply extends the mfg's original warantee-----with parts(not labor) they are typically warranted for 12 months or 12000 miles unless designated otherwise by the mfg------I suspect goodwill comes into play if the part craps out in month 13 or 14---and that just depends on the service departments monthly goodwill budget and where they are!
Old 09-23-2017, 03:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 E350 Wagon
Update - dealership replaced the fuel pump under warranty. It took a few days to get confirmation, so I presume it was under the auspices of the extended warranty for the components rather than a dealership covered repair. I didnt ask though and they didn't tell me.