C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW RELEASE: DINANTRONICS Elite (C63 / C63S)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 02:09 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
BMW, Audi, MB, MINI, VW
NEW RELEASE: DINANTRONICS Elite (C63 / C63S)

DINANTRONICS Elite For the Mercedes Benz AMG C63 & AMG C63 S with the 4.0L M177 engine.

Transforming a factory vehicle into a better performing version of itself without sacrificing drivability has been Dinan's hallmark for over 30 years in the BMW community. Now, that distinguished formula is being offered to the MB community, so they to, can enjoy the unmistakable refinement that Dinan products afford.

Starting now, the MB 4.0L M177 and 3.0L M276 engines in the C43 and C63 amongst other applications, can be tuned using Dinan's signature DINANTRONICS Elite system. The results speak for themselves and you will surely be impressed by the new found performance. Perhaps even better, you will be comforted in knowing that the Elite system carries the same factory matching new car warranty (4YR/50k) that Dinan is known for.

Its time for the MB crowd to experience the Dinan difference and never look back.

Part Number: D440-0054
Applications: 2014-2017 W205 MB AMG C63 Sedan, 2014-2017 W205 AMG C63 S Sedan, 2014-2017 C205 MB AMG C63 Coupe, 2014-2017 C205 AMG C63 S Coupe, 2014-2017 S205 MB AMG C63 Wagon, 2014-2017 S205 AMG C63 S Wagon, 2016-2017 A205 MB AMG C63 Convertible, 2016-2017 A205 AMG C63 S Convertible
Product Page / Pricing: https://www.dinancars.com/product/d440-0054-d-tronics-elite-performance-tuner-for-mercedes-c63-c63s/?series=&mid=/
Max Power Gains: +84 HP @ 4500 RPM; +126 lb-ft @ 2500 RPM
Install Time: 1 hour
Release Date: Begin shipping October 15th. First batch is sold out. Any further orders will not ship until the 23rd.

Description: ELITE (DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner ONLY) Maximum Power on the MB AMG C63 S with the 4.0L M177 engine: 609 HP, 664 lb-ft of torque.

The Dinan Difference

The DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner is a highly engineered piece of computer hardware and software that enhances engine performance to levels the stock programming is not allowed to venture into. It does this without negatively affecting your new car warranty coverage and without affecting long term reliability or the functionality of on-board diagnostic systems. It is also the only tuning device designed to be emissions legal in all 50 states. These items are unique to Dinan and together they embody the apex of performance engineering in a powerful, reliable, and warrantied package.

The Dinan Difference is possible by employing a full staff of talented engineers that are well rounded in many facets of automotive engineering and backed by a wealth of hands on knowledge. Stemming from diverse backgrounds not only on racing teams but on standard factory production line vehicles we have seen it all. Manipulating these signals with an adept hand all the while keeping an engine running at its best and with the most reliable power is what Dinan is all about.

Well Engineered

Plug-in tuning devices all have one thing in common, they send a modified signal to the factory ECU, telling it the boost pressure is below target values. This then causes the factory ECU to raise the boost pressure to what it thinks is the correct value. This modified boost pressure signal causes errors in fuel mixture and ignition timing. These errors can cause the on-board diagnostics systems to set faults, but they can also cause exceedingly high catalyst temperatures and a loss of power. In addition, when power is increased, exhaust gas temperature will increase as well and this must be countered with a slightly richer air/fuel mixture. The DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner has the capability to correct short term trim as well as ignition timing errors induced by raising boost pressure. This enables Dinan calibration engineers to optimize air/fuel mixture and ignition timing at elevated boost pressure throughout the entire gamut of engine RPM and engine load. Additionally, the ability to correct short term trim corrections (the difference between target and scheduled fuel mixture) remain within OEM specifications. This minimizes knock sensor activity, which in turn means smooth engine performance, catalyst protection and power increase, while this is also required to make the car emissions legal.

State-of-the-Art Hardware

The DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner is engineered using the best possible components and advanced hardware. The wiring harness uses OE connectors and expandable braided wiring sleeves ensuring that all visible components appear as if they come straight from the factory. More importantly however it guarantees long lasting and dependable performance due to the use of high heat, moisture and abrasion resistant materials and design. The other hardware element involved is the Dinan electronic control unit (ECU) itself. While its outward appearance may seem tame, the processing power and sophistication held within its internal circuitry is anything but. Capable of delivering signals to various systems at an astonishing 4000 times per second the DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner yields the power to control all current signals delivered to the ECU as well as those developed in the future without a hiccup in performance or reliability. This immense processing power equates to a high degree of engine control resulting in a much lower likelihood of setting a fault. In addition smoother running conditions and superior drivability are achieved, all of which are Dinan hallmarks.

Unmatched Warranty

Dinan's comprehensive warranty program, introduced in 1997, provides superior warranty coverage to that which you would find elsewhere. If your vehicle is currently covered by the vehicle manufacturer's new car limited warranty, Dinan® products are warranted for the remaining term of the vehicle manufacturer's new car limited warranty. The manufacturer's new car warranty is limited to 4 years or 50,000 miles (80,000 kilometers in Canada), commencing on the date of first retail sale or the date the vehicle is first placed in-service as a demonstrator or company vehicle, whichever is earlier. Dinan's warranties are transferable when ownership of the vehicle into which the Dinan products were originally installed is sold. Mercedes Benz automobiles can now be performance-tuned without the associated concern of negatively affecting the new car warranty coverage.

Designed to be 50 State Emissions Legal

The DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner was designed and built to be the only tuning box on the market that is emissions legal in all 50 states. CARB EO has been submitted and approval is pending.

Drivability

There is more to a tune than just cranking up the boost. Power needs to come on smoothly and in a predictable way to make the car as fun to drive at wide open throttle as cruising around town. It is your Mercedes, but reborn with new found acceleration and speed.

Installation

Installation takes roughly 4 hours and is available through our network of 300+ Dinan Dealers. Log on to www.dinancars.com to find your nearest dealer.

Easy To Use

Dinan's ECU is Bluetooth capable. While a smartphone app is currently being developed we have also included a physical bypass plug that can be used, should the need to arise, when you want to revert to stock without disconnecting the entire harness.

Designed for the Future

The DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner was engineered with future expansion of functionality in mind. Boasting the most powerful processing power on the market the DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner can handle more functions and processes than any of its contemporaries. To that end the Dinan performance tuner is capable of interfacing with much more should the need arise down the road. This means that when new functions are developed there will be no need for a new tuning module. Simply a short software update at your local Dinan dealer. Potentially a supplemental harness may be needed to take full advantage of more advanced stages and bolt-ons in future development. Also keep in mind that if you are upgrading in stages, the only cost incurred to you is the price difference between the two stages (and any supporting hardware mods).

Satisfaction Guaranteed

Dinan guarantees you will be impressed by the DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner and the performance it provides that we offer a 3-Day return policy. If you aren't satisfied with what the Dinan solution brings to the table within 3 days of install you can go back to your dealer for a full refund (installation labor costs still apply).

For a full breakdown of the various tuning options within the tiered DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner lineup please visit our comparison page, HERE, to understand which step in the 'evolution of power' is right for you.

Last edited by DinanCars; 10-19-2017 at 04:47 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by DinanCars:
Swordfish99 (10-12-2017), vaelin (10-06-2017)
Old 10-06-2017, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 178 Likes on 143 Posts
Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Welcome to a new era.

Called the price point.

Planning on calling my local Dinan dealer on Monday
Old 10-06-2017, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 178 Likes on 143 Posts
Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Originally Posted by DinanCars
Dinan's ECU is Bluetooth capable. While a smartphone app is currently being developed we have also included a physical bypass plug that can be used, should the need to arise, when you want to revert to stock without disconnecting the entire harness.
There isn't bluetooth access just yet? Any projection on when that feature will be available? Thx
Old 10-06-2017, 02:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

BMW, Audi, MB, MINI, VW
Originally Posted by skim7x
There isn't bluetooth access just yet? Any projection on when that feature will be available? Thx
There is a bluetooth chip built on the main board and there is a MAC address and all that jazz-- there just is no app to interface with the control unit at present. Without going into a huge diatribe about the back-end the ELITE bluetooth part is part of a much larger overhaul that effects the BMW and MINI variants as well (the MINI is in the same boat as MB at present with a bypass plug). Its a much broader detailed goal then what is currently existing as far as an ELITE app on the BMW side (a glorified on/off switch). With the warranty involved I am sure user adjustability will still be more or less an on/off switch but the goal is to have more to it in terms of other features. Personally I am hoping we lean on the newly acquired APR (sister company) for some assistance on that front as they are much more advanced on the app front (hardcore software development in that building). Didn't want to hold back a release for however long on a product that works perfectly fine without a remote on/off switch though.

TL;DR - Any estimate on an app release I give you would be wrong. I am sure of it.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:50 PM

Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts
'15 C63S
Baw, I'm not a special snowflake anymore.

In all seriousness, it's been an awesome tune with zero issues during this 'beta' period.

EDIT: And oh ****, APR?? Oh boy, you guys are eating up the tuning world.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:38 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

BMW, Audi, MB, MINI, VW
Originally Posted by vaelin
Baw, I'm not a special snowflake anymore.

In all seriousness, it's been an awesome tune with zero issues during this 'beta' period.

EDIT: And oh ****, APR?? Oh boy, you guys are eating up the tuning world.
You will always be a special snowflake.

Visiting APR was impressive. That building is just crazy--- the things you can afford to do in Alabama. =)
Old 10-06-2017, 03:47 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
CL500
You will always be a special snowflake.

Visiting APR was impressive. That building is just crazy--- the things you can afford to do in Alabama. =)

haha I bet ! Very cool
Old 10-06-2017, 04:41 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
C63S Sedan
You said M178 but our engine is M177?

Also: SD Auto Tech - CampbellCampbell, CA, USApproximately 10.03 miles
This place will INSTALL the part and that service will be warrantied?

Last edited by digitalnav; 10-06-2017 at 04:46 PM.
Old 10-06-2017, 05:06 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
2016 C63S AMG
Originally Posted by digitalnav

as far as I'm aware the m177/m178 are the same other than the transmission
Old 10-06-2017, 05:19 PM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
W205 c63s AMG
Are these gains shown to the crank or to the wheels? Is this stock downpipes or catless? Confused
Old 10-06-2017, 05:34 PM

'15 C63S
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink
Are these gains shown to the crank or to the wheels? Is this stock downpipes or catless? Confused
Crank.

Stock downpipes.
Old 10-06-2017, 05:36 PM

C63S Sedan
Crank.

Stock downpipes.
Are you back in town? Id love to drive our cars back to back to see how much of a difference it makes.
Old 10-06-2017, 05:38 PM

'15 C63S
Are you back in town? Id love to drive our cars back to back to see how much of a difference it makes.
Yah. I already picked up the 911 Turbo from Brione tho. I'll be dropping off the Model X on the 23rd.
Old 10-06-2017, 05:54 PM

C63S Sedan
Yah. I already picked up the 911 Turbo from Brione tho. I'll be dropping off the Model X on the 23rd.
I sent you a text but you never replied

I was going there on Saturday to get my straight pipe done.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:08 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

BMW, Audi, MB, MINI, VW

Engine designation fixed. Typo somewhere along the line and I am not terribly familiar with the MB engine codes and didn't catch it. I'll get familiar with those sooner or later.

And, yes... SD Autotech (Steve Dinan owned repair shops) does Mercedes work as well and can do the install/service.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:21 PM

W205 c63s AMG
Crank.

Stock downpipes.
Anything for us with catless downpipes and filters?

Did you ever dyno to see what your whp numbers are?

You guys say you'll be able to switch on and off via Bluetooth app, any future of us getting different maps for different fuels? Maybe an e85 mixture or anything?

Actually probably not since u guys are warrantying cars with this... I'd opt out of warranty if we were given stage 2 tunes and option for different fuels along with completely off for trips to the dealer 🙏🏻🙏🏻
Old 10-06-2017, 06:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

BMW, Audi, MB, MINI, VW
Anything for us with catless downpipes and filters?

Did you ever dyno to see what your whp numbers are?

You guys say you'll be able to switch on and off via Bluetooth app, any future of us getting different maps for different fuels? Maybe an e85 mixture or anything?

Actually probably not since u guys are warrantying cars with this... I'd opt out of warranty if we were given stage 2 tunes and option for different fuels along with completely off for trips to the dealer 🙏🏻🙏🏻
With warranty and emissions involved there are no plans for support of catless downpipes (not worth the fines nor getting away from the good graces of CARB and our 20+ year relationship).

As far as WHP numbers--- Vaelin posted his cars dyno charts in another thread (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...-thread-4.html).
Old 10-06-2017, 06:33 PM

W205 c63s AMG
Some of us live in states where emissions and safety inspections aren't a thing.

However I completely understand. Looks like a great product!
Old 10-06-2017, 06:40 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

BMW, Audi, MB, MINI, VW
Some of us live in states where emissions and safety inspections aren't a thing.

However I completely understand. Looks like a great product!
True. But TECHNICALLY, messing with the catalytic convertor is a violation of federal law (Clean Air Act). Just some states don't enforce it is all. And that number of states is becoming fewer and fewer as other states adopt California emissions standards. While you may or may not agree with it, its a source of income for the state so its probably just a matter of time.

Of course in Trump's America.... I digress...
Old 10-06-2017, 07:08 PM

W205 c63s AMG
True. But TECHNICALLY, messing with the catalytic convertor is a violation of federal law (Clean Air Act). Just some states don't enforce it is all. And that number of states is becoming fewer and fewer as other states adopt California emissions standards. While you may or may not agree with it, its a source of income for the state so its probably just a matter of time.

Of course in Trump's America.... I digress...
Like with everything, there will always be loopholes 😜

Happy to see you guys make progressive development for the platform! Great work!
Old 10-07-2017, 10:41 AM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
My C63s arrives in 4 weeks. I am stoked to get this unit! Thank you, Dinan! FYI....your website lists vehicle model years up to 2017 only, not 2018. Just a typo I imagine.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts
2017 Porsche 911 C4
Finally! Excited to see some 1/4 mile results with this.

Just a FYI to Dinan, you may want to proofread your copy - there are several references to BMW instead of MB in the description as well as in the specs data sheet

Are there any dyno or numbers for the entire RPM band? The data stops at 5500 which is really short of the 7k rpm redline. I know the turbos run out of steam up top, but it would still be nice to have data throughout the entire rpm - especially up top from 5k-7k since that’s where you spend the majority of time running through the gears under WOT.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:54 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

BMW, Audi, MB, MINI, VW
Originally Posted by Strafe1
My C63s arrives in 4 weeks. I am stoked to get this unit! Thank you, Dinan! FYI....your website lists vehicle model years up to 2017 only, not 2018. Just a typo I imagine.
Not a typo technically. We haven't yet done our 2018 update/verification (do all marques and product lines at the same time). Currently going through all the dealer documentation to verify everything would still work but seeing as how the engine didnt change the Mercedes stuff should be fine. Its more of an exercise for hard parts but we still do it all at the same time. As an example lets say BMW updated headlight on a 2018 model with no other modifications to the car--- everything in theory would be fine but if that headlight housing now made spacing different for what we did to some oil coolers or intercoolers then that part would no longer be valid for that year. Its more a paperwork excercise but we usually wait until right around now when most of the manufacturers have published all of their ETK's for the newer models to start doing the exercise. You should see all the 2018 updates to the website the tail end of this month/early next month. .
The following users liked this post:
Strafe1 (10-07-2017)
Old 10-07-2017, 11:12 AM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
As an additional question.....I see that VR has a box that utilizes the CAM sensor in addition to the 4 sensors you use. I believe Kleeman only uses 2 sensors. Is it easy to explain the differences in these other applications? Just curious.
BTW, I will be getting the DinanElite because of the warranty of your product, as well as the reputation of the company.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:14 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

BMW, Audi, MB, MINI, VW
Originally Posted by AlexZTuned
Finally! Excited to see some 1/4 mile results with this.

Just a FYI to Dinan, you may want to proofread your copy - there are several references to BMW instead of MB in the description as well as in the specs data sheet

Are there any dyno or numbers for the entire RPM band? The data stops at 5500 which is really short of the 7k rpm redline. I know the turbos run out of steam up top, but it would still be nice to have data throughout the entire rpm - especially up top from 5k-7k since that’s where you spend the majority of time running through the gears under WOT.
Argh-- fixed. What happens when your rushed I guess.

All of my data stops at about 5800 RPM (the cars fall on their face at about 5700 RPM). I will send a note to engineering to see if they can supply me with any top end data but I wont have anything potentially until the week of the 16th (out next week).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NEW RELEASE: DINANTRONICS Elite (C63 / C63S)