Potential new car meet in SoCal.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 01:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 179 Likes on 144 Posts
SLS AMG
Potential new car meet in SoCal.

I wanted to get an interest list together to see if a new car gathering is feasible.

The What:
New morning car show/meet
The When:
2nd Sunday of every month, 7 to 9am (start date TBD & will grow it to a weekly event in the future)
The Where:
Huntington State Beach http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=643
The Why:
Tired of getting “pushed” out of strip mall locations.

Bottom-line is that The State has approved a re-occurring car show meet. I have been working with the events committee to get it approved for a few months. I will fund the permits and the insurance to start the event. I will then be looking for sponsors to pass the responsibility (liability & cost) over.

The benefits are no small local government body to deal with. The City of HB itself told me to go work with the State, as HB’s are only interested in hosting a car gathering like this twice a year.

The State Beach is well insulated from being anywhere close to residential homes. The State will provide its own armed Park Rangers to monitor if it grows into a large event.

There are over 800 parking spots the show can utilize.
It will finally be a permanent home for an OC Cars and Coffee type event (It won’t be called C&C).
The State will save us several lots to start and allow growth.
The location lends itself to nice photography shoots as well.
There is no issue making this a weekly event, it will just depend on participation.

I have several personal reasons for wanting to start a meet. I am not doing this for any potential financial gain. I simply do not like going to a strip mall for car meets. We have natural resources, such as the beach, which can make it a better experience for all. If I lived inland, I would LOVE to drive down to the beach for a car meet. My son will soon be old enough to enjoy going and, I would rather take him to something at the Beach! I have grown tired of seeing meet after meet run aground because they are held in shopping centers. It will be nice to drive up and down the coast after the meet.

You know the saying “The good things in life aren’t free!” Well… neither is this. The State Beach is in the revenue business. This would require the purchase of a day pass or an annual park pass ($15 or $195). Keep in mind, the annual pass is good for you and your family at any State Park in California.

Quite frankly, this could be the last stop on the car culture gathering train. Sure, small meets can happen here and there but, as far as real potential for something larger with automotive versatility, this might be the last venue available.

I would like to see what interest there is? If you have a business interested in sponsoring this please PM me.

Last edited by NewportSLS; 11-15-2017 at 01:44 AM.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:57 AM

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
2018 GLC43 AMG, 2015 Chevy SS (Holden SSv)
Irvine guy here.....love the idea!! Keep us updated and maybe provide a link so we can post on other forums as well.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SLS AMG
Originally Posted by birdmanf16
Irvine guy here.....love the idea!! Keep us updated and maybe provide a link so we can post on other forums as well.
Thanks for checking in. I have a sponsor now to help kick it off. If we can get the permits and insurance filed in time, we are going to start in January. Stay tuned!
Old 11-21-2017, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SLS AMG

Old 11-22-2017, 12:16 PM

I would be interested in getting involved with this project if you could use a hand. Retired Air Force fighter pilot, small business owner (biz is on autopilot and does not require huge effort now), I have some spare time and would love to meet to see if you want some help with this project! 360-941-0675....call or text. Pete (I live in Irvine)
Old 11-22-2017, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SLS AMG
Originally Posted by birdmanf16
I would be interested in getting involved with this project if you could use a hand. Retired Air Force fighter pilot, small business owner (biz is on autopilot and does not require huge effort now), I have some spare time and would love to meet to see if you want some help with this project! 360-941-0675....call or text. Pete (I live in Irvine)
Thanks Pete.
Coincidentally, I have had a lot of Veterans reach out in support. You guys have fought for our beach and now it's time to celebrate at the beach! Thank you! The permits are being filed on Monday and as long as the State sticks with it's original thumbs up, we will start on January 14th. I will start a new thread if approved. Stay tuned.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SLS AMG
Thank you all for the PMs and support. The State put their seal of approval on the meet! Save the date....
The first event will be on Sunday January 14th 2018 at Huntington State Beach 21601 Pacific Coast Hwy, Huntington Beach, CA 92646

I will start another thread with the details in a week or so. See you there!
Old 12-07-2017, 07:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC43 & Range Rover Sport
Newport guy here, would love to join in on the fun!
Old 12-08-2017, 05:44 PM

This is now the real deal! Complete with supercars and Java....come on out and have some fun!!
Old 12-30-2017, 11:37 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
AMG's
Can't wait. C&C at the beach.