C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

How would a modded Nissan Z (350/370) do against a stock w203?

Old 11-19-2017, 12:22 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2001 ML55 Designo, 2004 C32 AMG, RIP 2005 Volvo s40 2.4i
How would a modded Nissan Z (350/370) do against a stock w203?

*I MEANT STOCK W203 AMG

I constantly see fast cars where I go to school and work. However, I never see anyone even go fast and some people are driving turbo Porsche’s, M3-4-5’s, AMG’s, S4-5-6-7’s, power galore. I understand not everyone is trying to be a boy racer, or MPG matters, etc. BUT... I never get smacked for pulling up on them or get a little rev. Nothing from my euro peeps. Only the ricers or the corvette that smoked me two weeks ago.

Tonight, I was going down PCH and there was this 350Z with a loud exhaust.. I mean loud. I was going down on this looong road with no cops so I kept trying to race a bit. I just got new tires and filled up the tank so I didn’t mind it. I would be at his side and just rev it till like 80 and he did nothing 4 times I did this. Car looked like it could match me or keep up or whatever. Then after he pulls up on me and he guns it and he gets ahead for like 1 sec and then I mash that pedal and we are next to each other for a solid 4 seconds. I was impressed honestly but If he did that around the first challenge I gave him I would have smoked him because my car was still not as hot. He ended up braking a bit hard cause of a car in front and I swerved a bit and sped up to get in front. We gave each other a thumbs up and I quickly made my way back home.

That was today like 45 mins ago. Along with the other cars listed above, I ALWAYS see 350/70Z’s with loud exhausts and think they’re either heavily modified and can do some damage or that’s all they’ve done to the car and a smart car will smoke them. Either way they never race me or speed up or anything. Why won’t anyone just race me for like 10 seconds.....

edit: sorry if this sounds stupid I am just so happy with the 32 ‘s power and ranting about some people not using their car like they should sometimes

Last edited by Oshkoshbigjosh; 11-19-2017 at 12:29 AM.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:00 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
C32 amg
Too funny, I raced a sti on highway and destroyed him, we gave each other the thumbs and went out separate ways after.
i think the pple u trying to race are older and don’t want to get ticket for racing or careless driving etc. Or they don’t know anything about ur car how rare they r
Old 11-19-2017, 11:28 AM

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
2006 C55
First, the stock 350 Z or even 370 Z should be no problem for either a C32 or C55. I took a 370 Z apart the other day during my lunch. I had him by a full length through the intersection and he was in my rear view mirror by the middle of 3rd gear.

A fart canned 350Z was at our toy drive yesterday and it laid down a staggering 240 hp and even less torque. Fairly sad for all the noise it made.

Second, I would advise against street racing if you're having to dodge traffic and swerve around. That's a good way to end up dead or in prison for killing someone else.
Yes, we all play on the street but try to do so in a safer manner.
Old 11-19-2017, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Morphh
Too funny, I raced a sti on highway and destroyed him, we gave each other the thumbs and went out separate ways after.
i think the pple u trying to race are older and don’t want to get ticket for racing or careless driving etc. Or they don’t know anything about ur car how rare they r
funny thing is most of them are my age (20-30). Lol I realized I too went up against a 2010+ modded farty subie (wrx for sure but no badging so it could’ve been an sti) near Riverside. He was so far behind that I didn’t want to think I did him that dirty but his car was so loud it had to be true.

yeah my thoughts are they don’t want a ticket but sometimes all it takes is your 0-60 time and some braking and you should be good. Especially since these cars are performance focused so it should have awesome brakes which should inspire some confidence.

Last edited by Oshkoshbigjosh; 11-19-2017 at 12:16 PM.
Old 11-19-2017, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by feets
First, the stock 350 Z or even 370 Z should be no problem for either a C32 or C55. I took a 370 Z apart the other day during my lunch. I had him by a full length through the intersection and he was in my rear view mirror by the middle of 3rd gear.

A fart canned 350Z was at our toy drive yesterday and it laid down a staggering 240 hp and even less torque. Fairly sad for all the noise it made.

Second, I would advise against street racing if you're having to dodge traffic and swerve around. That's a good way to end up dead or in prison for killing someone else.
Yes, we all play on the street but try to do so in a safer manner.

thanks for for your input. I didn’t realize a stock 350 had those numbers. I think a c320 has more hp and costs less too.
Since you have a c55, you ever get the American muscle cars trying to get some? (Chargers, challengers, stangs, camaros, etc) how does the c55 do if you’ve come across one who knew about your car? I feel like a lot of people don’t even know what my car is capable of or assume I’ve just slapped an amg badge on it.

I know my wording read like I’m a reckless punk who’s always stepping on it and has no regard for others. Not the case at all. I am very selective when I rev. Because I know most cars don’t even want to race I just go up about 10 mph to show them but they never take the bait so I just back off and increase the volume on my music.
Old 11-19-2017, 04:33 PM

2006 C55
I had a 2005 SRT6 and it ran 13.2 to 13.4 back then. That was about the same as a 6.1 liter SRT8 car of similar vintage. You should be able to run with the early SRT cars and take down any of the stock 5.7 liter Charger/Challenger/300 cars. Don't bother with a 392 car or newer style Camaro SS. Those things will run off and leave your head spinning. A new Mustang GT should walk away from you, too but not as badly. Leave any of the supercharged CTS-V cars alone. Any M3 under 8 years old as well as any IS-F will hammer you. If it's an AMG car newer than yours (even the new almost-AMG C43, E43, etc) will leave your head spinning.

Essentially, stick with picking on ricers.

I have few cars guys messing with me. Those that do are the big wing and fart pipe crowd. My car is invisible to most V8 powered domestics. After all, few people really know the difference between what we drive and a C230.

Last edited by feets; 11-19-2017 at 04:36 PM.
Old 11-19-2017, 04:46 PM

2006 C55

The C55 is my daily driver. It came along to take the 50+ miles per day I put on a car. I wanted something that was cheap, reliable, and fun. They're feisty little guys but are not hot rods by any stretch of the imagination. Even I don't take my C55 too seriously.

I've been down the hot rod path and know about high powered cars.
Old 11-19-2017, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by feets
I had a 2005 SRT6 and it ran 13.2 to 13.4 back then. That was about the same as a 6.1 liter SRT8 car of similar vintage. You should be able to run with the early SRT cars and take down any of the stock 5.7 liter Charger/Challenger/300 cars. Don't bother with a 392 car or newer style Camaro SS. Those things will run off and leave your head spinning. A new Mustang GT should walk away from you, too but not as badly. Leave any of the supercharged CTS-V cars alone. Any M3 under 8 years old as well as any IS-F will hammer you. If it's an AMG car newer than yours (even the new almost-AMG C43, E43, etc) will leave your head spinning.

Essentially, stick with picking on ricers.

I have few cars guys messing with me. Those that do are the big wing and fart pipe crowd. My car is invisible to most V8 powered domestics. After all, few people really know the difference between what we drive and a C230.

I am aware that most of the cars you listed will leave me in the dust. But a c43 or e43? I’m really asking...

as for the caddy v’s, are we talking ls6? I know those are power house engines but how badly would a 32 or 55 lose to one?

What about a tuned and modded c32? Maybe pushing 380-400. How would that do against a modern sports car?

I usually want want to race cars of my era and want to get beat by the newer ones. For example the other day, i was right next to a pre 05 m3 which is almost a direct competitor to the w203 and he was driving so slow like worse than a senior drives.

”Essentialy, stick to picking on ricers” - it is so fun haha
Old 11-19-2017, 06:58 PM

Received 105 Likes on 80 Posts
2013 c63 Magnuson SCed
I ran an X5 M SUV and an SVT Durango and GD are those pigs fast. Pretty sure I only won due to more stupidity/bigger cojones. Both may have been driven by soccer moms to be honest. Not that the ladies can't hustle, just that they usually don't.

Honestly, these days our 0-60 and 1/4mi. times are only slightly better than average for "sports cars". Time has moved on and they make a 13-second Civic with a full Honda warranty now. Personally, I love the horsepower wars. Everyone wins when the new Tesla Roadster supposedly does sub-2 second 0-60s, Dodge has the Demon and Hellcat, there's a 700-some hp 911 and Corvette coming any day now and the Camaro is no longer neutered for the Vette's sake. Then there's the Germans going ape**** with their own horsepower war, I mean who needs a 603hp wagon capable of rwd or awd? EVERYONE, that's who.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Accidental L8 apex
I ran an X5 M SUV and an SVT Durango and GD are those pigs fast. Pretty sure I only won due to more stupidity/bigger cojones. Both may have been driven by soccer moms to be honest. Not that the ladies can't hustle, just that they usually don't.

Honestly, these days our 0-60 and 1/4mi. times are only slightly better than average for "sports cars". Time has moved on and they make a 13-second Civic with a full Honda warranty now. Personally, I love the horsepower wars. Everyone wins when the new Tesla Roadster supposedly does sub-2 second 0-60s, Dodge has the Demon and Hellcat, there's a 700-some hp 911 and Corvette coming any day now and the Camaro is no longer neutered for the Vette's sake. Then there's the Germans going ape**** with their own horsepower war, I mean who needs a 603hp wagon capable of rwd or awd? EVERYONE, that's who.
I love the last two sentences. I firmly believe the world would be a better place if we all had a 600 hp wagons or suvs.

Ive been seeing a lot more Durango’s with the r/t and thought they loooked bad ***. I just never see many cars gun it for a few secs.
Old 11-19-2017, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
1999 C43, 2008 P30 E63, 2014 SQ5
Originally Posted by Oshkoshbigjosh
I am aware that most of the cars you listed will leave me in the dust. But a c43 or e43? I’m really asking...

as for the caddy v’s, are we talking ls6? I know those are power house engines but how badly would a 32 or 55 lose to one?

What about a tuned and modded c32? Maybe pushing 380-400. How would that do against a modern sports car?

I usually want want to race cars of my era and want to get beat by the newer ones. For example the other day, i was right next to a pre 05 m3 which is almost a direct competitor to the w203 and he was driving so slow like worse than a senior drives.

”Essentialy, stick to picking on ricers” - it is so fun haha
I played with a CTS-V and it walked me. The super charged LSA is no joke. I'm not trying to be a d1ck but your C32 doesn't stand a chance, tuned, modded, whatever
Old 11-20-2017, 01:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 255 Likes on 233 Posts
2001 E320 Wagon, 2006 LBZ Silverado, 2007 E63 (sold), 2001 E55 (sold)
I'm older and am fairly cautious about where/when I go fast these days. I'm not looking to get a ticket.

If a C32 came up and wanted to run when I was in the E63 I wouldn't bother.

Last week I did have an Altima pacing me on a 2 lane highway when I was in the E63. I finally looked over and it had several teenagers in it that wanted me to get on it. I did a little 70-100mph pull for them and got thumbs up when they finally caught back up to me. It seemed like that totally made their day.
Old 11-21-2017, 06:18 PM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 231 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
350z is slow which is why I sold mine, however there are plenty of centrifugal, twin, single turbo and even roots kits for both Z models for those with the $. You don't want to accidentally run one of those. Luckily the really loud obnoxious ones are usually just a couple of hopeless bolt-on's adding 10HP.