Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 Years Maintenance package value?

Old 11-19-2017, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
328, C43 sedan
3 Years Maintenance package value?

Hi,

has anybody purchased the maintenance package on a 3 year lease? In general I find that these are not worth and it's better to find an independent mechanic that can do the oil change etc. Not sure, but don't think that so many things need to be maintained in the first 3 years / 30k miles. From what I see, oil&oilfiter replacement, air filter replacement, brakefluid, wiper blades inspection, general inspection. But maybe I'm wrong? Do they cover also wear and tear? brake pads? tires?

Apart from a couple of oil changes, is there anything else for which it would make sense? I'm not sure how much it costs, but I don't see its value being higher than ~$500 tops

Thanks!
Old 11-19-2017, 04:03 PM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
C43 2017
Originally Posted by newtoamg
Hi,

has anybody purchased the maintenance package on a 3 year lease? In general I find that these are not worth and it's better to find an independent mechanic that can do the oil change etc. Not sure, but don't think that so many things need to be maintained in the first 3 years / 30k miles. From what I see, oil&oilfiter replacement, air filter replacement, brakefluid, wiper blades inspection, general inspection. But maybe I'm wrong? Do they cover also wear and tear? brake pads? tires?

Apart from a couple of oil changes, is there anything else for which it would make sense? I'm not sure how much it costs, but I don't see its value being higher than ~$500 tops

Thanks!
no idea where you are but here in the great white north previous car c400 was 350 for oil change
Old 11-20-2017, 01:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
328, C43 sedan
Originally Posted by Hungalow
no idea where you are but here in the great white north previous car c400 was 350 for oil change
do you have to take it to the dealer? If you take it to an independent mechanic it won't be 350.
Old 11-20-2017, 02:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 232 Likes on 188 Posts
Shanks’s Pony
Originally Posted by newtoamg
do you have to take it to the dealer? If you take it to an independent mechanic it won't be 350.
I believe that if it is a new car on lease it has go to to a MB dealer for service.

I have opted for the 3 year deal (my car is not leased) as I considered inflation etc playing a part - I don't see labour or material prices going down in the next 3 years and now the cost of my services are locked in. The package currently works out at about the same as current service prices. The only thing against it (IMO) is that I am prepaying for my service instead of on the day.