C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many days did you wait until notified of build date?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 01:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W213 E63
How many days did you wait until notified of build date?

I put in an order for my 63 and I've been patiently waiting for my salesman to contact me to let me know my build date / schedule. It's been over a week, is this normal, or did you guys find out right away? He said he's that we are waiting for Germany? Thanks
Old 11-20-2017, 06:02 AM

Received 98 Likes on 96 Posts
C63S 2016
if I'm not mistaken it took me about a month to know that indeed, it took me about 6 and a half months from order to delivery
Old 11-20-2017, 07:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 153 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
He might be hiding the information from you because he wants to steal your build for himself.. I would call the managers and get him fired
Old 11-20-2017, 09:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 99 Posts
2016 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by amalgam
I put in an order for my 63 and I've been patiently waiting for my salesman to contact me to let me know my build date / schedule. It's been over a week, is this normal, or did you guys find out right away? He said he's that we are waiting for Germany? Thanks
If they do not have an allocation for you they have to wait till they get one and that depends on how large a dealer they are and if they are a AMG Performance center or not.
Just because you order does not matter till they have a slot for you. Then if they have more than one order for it they could fill the one with the best profit and not first if they are not good guys.
Old 11-20-2017, 11:24 AM

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 C63S Sedan
It took ten days before I had a confirmed date.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:42 PM

W213 E63
Great, thank you! 6.5 months though, that is awfully a long time! =/
Old 11-20-2017, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by Chigs
It took ten days before I had a confirmed date.
When I ordered Mine they had a open allocation and gave me the build date before I gave them the order and gave me a print out after I did give them an order.
The build took place just as promised and I received my car just as promised.
If they have a open slot they can give you a purchase order at once with build info. If they don't --they wait till they get one and if they are small it might be a while.

They can show you a printout of all the orders coming in and ones sold and ones open and they have speced for stock. The stock ones if not past the change date they can put your name on and change to your spec.
Also a sold order givers them a better chance to get an allocation.
Who is the dealer and how large are they and are they a AMG performance shop?
They can trade another dealer for one if they have something that dealer wants.
Sometimes they keep you in the dark because if they let you know it is not available you will go elsewhere.
Usually once a month they get more allocation of cars and if they show a sold order they have a better chance to get an allocation for it.

Last edited by RDOCA; 11-20-2017 at 02:55 PM.
The following users liked this post:
amalgam (11-20-2017)
Old 11-20-2017, 04:02 PM

W213 E63
Originally Posted by RDOCA
When I ordered Mine they had a open allocation and gave me the build date before I gave them the order and gave me a print out after I did give them an order.
The build took place just as promised and I received my car just as promised.
If they have a open slot they can give you a purchase order at once with build info. If they don't --they wait till they get one and if they are small it might be a while.

They can show you a printout of all the orders coming in and ones sold and ones open and they have speced for stock. The stock ones if not past the change date they can put your name on and change to your spec.
Also a sold order givers them a better chance to get an allocation.
Who is the dealer and how large are they and are they a AMG performance shop?
They can trade another dealer for one if they have something that dealer wants.
Sometimes they keep you in the dark because if they let you know it is not available you will go elsewhere.
Usually once a month they get more allocation of cars and if they show a sold order they have a better chance to get an allocation for it.
Ah ok, I understand now. The dealer I went to was in Bakersfield, don't think they are a performance center which could be why they are taking longer. I'm getting eager!! Also how long did you wait to get your car?
Old 11-20-2017, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by amalgam
Ah ok, I understand now. The dealer I went to was in Bakersfield, don't think they are a performance center which could be why they are taking longer. I'm getting eager!! Also how long did you wait to get your car?
I bought a sedan so it is built in the US.
Build date was Aug 21 and I picked it up in CA on Sept 5.
The following users liked this post:
amalgam (11-20-2017)