GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

HUD positioning error

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 09:39 AM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 E300 Sport, 2017 GLC300 Sport/Night
HUD positioning error

Three times in the last two weeks, my HUD has activated in a position that is so far away from its normal point that I cannot see the display unless I bend down until my head is just above the steering wheel.

When this occurs, the HUD is out of position for the entire trip. In settings, the HUD still thinks it's in the normal position, and the controls will move it up/down relative to its (incorrect) position, but the range of motion available is not sufficient to correct the error. A quick power cycle at the end of the trip also does not cure the condition. Only sitting for some indeterminate period of time works: on every occasion that this has happened, the HUD works flawlessly on the next startup.

I'll be due for a service after Christmas. Unless the problem becomes more severe, I'll wait and bring it up with the dealer then.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Did you/your dealer find a solution?
Old 11-20-2017, 11:48 AM

Received 72 Likes on 60 Posts
2008 E63 wagon (1 of 62)
Seeing as how it is such a new vehicle, I'd bet there is some updated software for it at the dealership. I just left the dealership world (after 14 years) to start my own shop last month, but with every new vehicle lauch/release there are always small bugs like this that pop up. Just make sure to have them address the issue and check for newer software or a related TIPS document for the issue.