Sponsored by:

Delivery day! 2018 C43 Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 04:49 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
2018 C43 Coupe
Delivery day! 2018 C43 Coupe

After a long 6 months I finally took delivery. Car is absolutely amazing! Posted window sticker for those interested in the specs. Had the dealer swap out the runflats for some Conti DWS 06 that came with a warranty. $8,000 off including my fleet discount. Overall I am in love!

Last edited by SkitsversuS; 11-21-2017 at 05:24 AM.
The following users liked this post:
unr1 (11-22-2017)
Old 11-21-2017, 07:52 AM

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2015 Audi Q5 3.0T, 2018 C43 Coupe
congratulations man....I know the feeling! Enjoy your new ride.
SkitsversuS (11-21-2017)
Old 11-21-2017, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
Can someone tell me why so many white cars? They look boooooring.... Only white, black and gray colors in NYC.
Congrats on the car though! Nice specs! What dealership did you go with?
munis (11-21-2017)
Old 11-21-2017, 09:50 AM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
435i xDrive, C43 4Matic Coupe
Originally Posted by NYCSoiL
Can someone tell me why so many white cars? They look boooooring.... Only white, black and gray colors in NYC.
I actually only buy between those 3 colors because they age well. Congrats OP!
SkitsversuS (11-21-2017)
Old 11-21-2017, 09:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C43 AMG Coupe
I think this car looks really sharp in white. I was originally going to go for white with a red interior, but the dealer had a selenite gray with night package and black interior (red stiching) that won me over. I'd be very happy either way.
SkitsversuS (11-21-2017)
Old 11-21-2017, 10:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Congrats!!
Beautiful ride. I wish I could have gotten a coupe, but with an 8yo boy it's not too feasible.
...cause lets face it, those rear seats are only there if you have leprechauns or munchkins...

Did the deal talk to you about breaking in the engine at all? Seems to be a bit of a debate about, so I'm curious to get input from others around NA...

Cheers!
SkitsversuS (11-21-2017)
Old 11-21-2017, 10:47 AM

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2015 Audi Q5 3.0T, 2018 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by genesisknight
Congrats!!
Beautiful ride. I wish I could have gotten a coupe, but with an 8yo boy it's not too feasible.
...cause lets face it, those rear seats are only there if you have leprechauns or munchkins...

Did the deal talk to you about breaking in the engine at all? Seems to be a bit of a debate about, so I'm curious to get input from others around NA...
Cheers!
I’ve got a 9yo and he fits back there just fine. We do have another car that we take when we’re with him, but he’s got no issues being back there.

As for engine break in. No one talked to me about it, but I’m gonna break her in based on the manual’s recommendation.
SkitsversuS (11-21-2017)
Old 11-21-2017, 12:36 PM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
C450 AMG
Congrats. Beautiful car
SkitsversuS (11-21-2017)
Old 11-21-2017, 01:13 PM

2018 C43 Coupe
I know dude NY is littered with stay at home moms in white c300s but with all the black accents I had to do it. Not a fan of colors.

Went to RVC.
NYCSoiL (11-21-2017)
Old 11-21-2017, 01:18 PM

2018 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by genesisknight
Congrats!!

Cheers!
I actually made a thread about breaking in the c43. I’m about to take a 300 round trip upstate NY for thanksgiving and was nervous about all that highway driving. As usual there’s always two different opinions to either follow the 1000mi under 3500rpm don’t WOT vary RPM etc or just drive it like you stole it. I bought this car and plan on keeping it for a while so I wanna make sure I do what’s best for the engine. Trust me though.. car only has about 100 miles on it and I’ve already threw it in S+ and let it rip a little here and there, it’s close to impossible not to.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:35 PM

Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Cabriolet Black/Cranberry Red
Congrats and enjoy. I know what waiting feels like, although not nearly as long as you.
SkitsversuS (11-21-2017)
Old 11-21-2017, 02:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG
So awesome! Enjoy!

I'm waiting to hear if mine has made it in yet! Estimated delivery date of December 1st!
SkitsversuS (11-21-2017)
Old 11-21-2017, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 283 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by Vincent Aiosa
I actually made a thread about breaking in the c43. I’m about to take a 300 round trip upstate NY for thanksgiving and was nervous about all that highway driving. As usual there’s always two different opinions to either follow the 1000mi under 3500rpm don’t WOT vary RPM etc or just drive it like you stole it. I bought this car and plan on keeping it for a while so I wanna make sure I do what’s best for the engine. Trust me though.. car only has about 100 miles on it and I’ve already threw it in S+ and let it rip a little here and there, it’s close to impossible not to.
People say what makes them feel better. Most of them don't have the patience for the proper breaking in, so they justify it saying drive it like you stole it. The engine is a mechanical component, even if it is not hand made, every engine have parts in them that needs to settle in before you can start stressing them. When the engine is new, the piston rings are fully expanded, so if you ham it at this point, it will 100 percent wear them out more than it would have done if you drove it normally. For a little bit of patience you will get a far more reliable seal between the piston and the wall, why risk it for a few moments of fun. Atleast give it 750miles if absolutely cannot wait. If you are that impatient, I recommend to go and take a road trip. I put 1000miles within 5 days when I got the car, to accelerate the break in period.
SkitsversuS (11-21-2017)
Old 11-21-2017, 02:32 PM

2018 C43 Coupe
Talking

Originally Posted by munis
People say what makes them feel better. Most of them don't have the patience for the proper breaking in, so they justify it saying drive it like you stole it. The engine is a mechanical component, even if it is not hand made, every engine have parts in them that needs to settle in before you can start stressing them. When the engine is new, the piston rings are fully expanded, so if you ham it at this point, it will 100 percent wear them out more than it would have done if you drove it normally. For a little bit of patience you will get a far more reliable seal between the piston and the wall, why risk it for a few moments of fun. Atleast give it 750miles if absolutely cannot wait. If you are that impatient, I recommend to go and take a road trip. I put 1000miles within 5 days when I got the car, to accelerate the break in period.
thats exactly why I’m doing for this thanksgiving trip. I figured I’d be able to put more mileage on it sooner. What about letting it hit 5krpm briefly every once in a short while, I don’t think that’ll effect anything.

To everyone else, thank you!
Old 11-21-2017, 09:58 PM

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
is that fully loaded?
Old 11-21-2017, 10:31 PM

2018 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by unr1
is that fully loaded?
Indeed it is
unr1 (11-22-2017)
Old 11-21-2017, 10:37 PM

Received 132 Likes on 112 Posts
2018 C43 AMG Brilliant Blue Metallic
Congrats on the new car she is beautiful.

Great idea swapping out the rub flats for conti tires. The run flats are terrible
SkitsversuS (11-21-2017)
Old 11-21-2017, 10:41 PM

2018 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by MarcovC43AMG
So awesome! Enjoy!

I'm waiting to hear if mine has made it in yet! Estimated delivery date of December 1st!
Its so painful waiting for a custom car instead of just grabbing one from the dealer. Even the pretty loaded ones on the floor were always missing two or three things I felt I couldn't live without, but man its worth the wait to get exactly what you want. My dealers website was actually very informative, showed step by step in production, when it got assigned a ship (tracked it via w2global.com with VIN number), once it got to Baltimore all the way to the dealer etc. Took mine 6 months due to "part constraints" so the build date kept getting pushed back.

Congrats though man be sure to post it when you take delivery!
Old 11-21-2017, 10:45 PM

2018 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Dieseldan9
Congrats on the new car she is beautiful.

Great idea swapping out the rub flats for conti tires. The run flats are terrible
Yeah, with all the research I've done on the forums seemed like nobody liked them. I was originally gonna go with the Michelin pilot sport a/s 3+ but the dealer said the Conti's had a good warranty so I went with them, plus they paid for the swap It'll pay off when we get some snow here in the NE.

Thank you!
Old 11-22-2017, 02:41 AM

Received 359 Likes on 231 Posts
Can someone tell me why so many white cars? They look boooooring....
Nah, black is boring ... white is practical -- and, with the appropriate black accents, gotta love that storm-trooper look!
;-)
SkitsversuS (11-23-2017)
Old 11-22-2017, 02:32 PM

C43 Cabriolet, GLC 63
Nice Ride!!!!!!!!!!!!
SkitsversuS (11-23-2017)
Old 11-22-2017, 07:12 PM

2018 amg c43 cabriolet
with the performance studio package, did you give up the outside carbon fiber spoiler lip and carbon fiber mirror's? Pics if uou have them both. Love your ride.
Old 11-23-2017, 12:24 PM

2018 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by oakmossy
with the performance studio package, did you give up the outside carbon fiber spoiler lip and carbon fiber mirror's? Pics if uou have them both. Love your ride.
No sir, carbon package overrides the black mirrors and spoiler.

Old 11-23-2017, 12:45 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
18' C43 cab
I think white looks great too. Although I think the contrasting black spoiler looks a bit tacky. I woulda stayed with white.

Not that it matters because I doubt most salespeople have spent as much time reading and researching engines as me and I doubt any have worked in an engine testing lab as I have, but my salesperson told me on my test drive I could run it up to redline, just don't keep it over 4500 rpm. I've never felt like driving it like I stole it is a good break in strategy. I believe an engine needs high pressure in the cylinder to push out the rings and form a good seal. I always break in cars by driving them in pretty hard. Not race track or running from the cops hard, but harder than normal driving. I've seen proof an engine broken in putting around real slow like I stole it of using more oil and developing less HP. Most important though is don't push a cold engine and also take it easy on the brakes for a few hundred miles.

But honestly who knows nowdays anyway with all the new technologies and not knowing what is done at the factory. I don't know what MB does in the factory, they may very well be broken in. I would like to take a trip to Stuggart and find out, but unfortunately no ED on C43's.
Old 11-23-2017, 01:00 PM

2018 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Clint Westwood
I think white looks great too. Although I think the contrasting black spoiler looks a bit tacky. I woulda stayed with white.

Not that it matters because I doubt most salespeople have spent as much time reading and researching engines as me and I doubt any have worked in an engine testing lab as I have, but my salesperson told me on my test drive I could run it up to redline, just don't keep it over 4500 rpm. I've never felt like driving it like I stole it is a good break in strategy. I believe an engine needs high pressure in the cylinder to push out the rings and form a good seal. I always break in cars by driving them in pretty hard. Not race track or running from the cops hard, but harder than normal driving. I've seen proof an engine broken in putting around real slow like I stole it of using more oil and developing less HP. Most important though is don't push a cold engine and also take it easy on the brakes for a few hundred miles.

But honestly who knows nowdays anyway with all the new technologies and not knowing what is done at the factory. I don't know what MB does in the factory, they may very well be broken in. I would like to take a trip to Stuggart and find out, but unfortunately no ED on C43's.
I figure if MB still puts a break in procedure in the manual there’s a reason for it. I’m sure they do a simple break in at the factory for the seals, vary RPMs and redline it a few times. I have about 350 miles on the car right now, 90% spend in Comfort mode driving somewhat normal, varying RPMs, going through all gears, never WOT yet and haven’t gone above 80. The other 10% I put it in S+ for 2-3 min each time and let the engine hit like 4500-5000 rpm then go back to comfort. I doubt that is bad for the car but I figured it cant hurt plus it gives me my fix of listening to the beautiful engine and exhaust.

i just got upstate NY last night, a lot of it was highway miles with no traffic since I left late but I tried to push the car to like 75mph then let it coast back down to 55 and back up again. I’ve heard highway driving is terrible bc you’re not really letting the car get through all the lower gears but I think my method was fine. I’ll be at 1000 miles sooner then I think and the obsessing over the much controversial “break in” will be over and I can finally enjoy the car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Delivery day! 2018 C43 Coupe