European Delivery of Your New Car Discuss the process and issues associated with European Delivery for non-Euro members.

Green Environmental Sticker

Old 11-22-2017, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 RR
Green Environmental Sticker

I noticed on my hotel confirmation in Munich that I am required to have a Green Environmental Sticker on my car in order to park in their garage. Is this sticker something that the factory places on the car before delivering it? Or is it something I need to purchase? If the latter, where do you get them and how much are they?

thank you in advance.
Old 11-23-2017, 02:00 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
BMW X3, Mercedes GLC300 (EDP)
The environmental sticker is provide at pick up of the car, along with a D sticker if you will be driving outside of Germany. The environmental sticker allows driving in cities such as London when there is an air quality restriction (at least that is what I was told when I picked up my car last May).

Note, they (VPC I assume) removed my sticker before redelivery. You may want to leave a note in the car asking that it not be removed if you want to keep it as a souvenir.
The following users liked this post:
BJTyler747 (11-23-2017)
Old 11-23-2017, 10:42 PM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Another suggestion, when you pick up the car, ask for an extra sticker, and they'll happily give you one for free. Decide where you would like it placed beforehand -- common areas are either to the left or right of the license plate, left or right on the rear bumper, lower left or right of the rear window, or wherever you please. I told the people at the drop-off point that I would like to keep the D sticker on the car (as well as all the other stickers), and they made a note of it. When I picked up my car in the US in September, all the stickers were there.

Also, consider where you would like the toll stickers placed, if needed -- MB placed the German one on the lower right of the windshield, we placed the Swiss one on the lower left, and the Austrian one on the middle top. (Italy doesn't have affordable toll stickers for short visits.) Have fun!
The following users liked this post:
BJTyler747 (11-23-2017)