C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

engine mounts

Old 02-21-2018, 05:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220CDI 2009
engine mounts

2009 Mercedes W204 c class C220CDI how often should you replace the engine mounts??
Old 02-21-2018, 06:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 240 Likes on 201 Posts
A car
Originally Posted by silkynitro
2009 Mercedes W204 c class C220CDI how often should you replace the engine mounts??
When it breaks or if you get excessive vibration from the motor, say when stopped and in drive.
Old 02-21-2018, 07:17 AM

C220CDI 2009
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
When it breaks or if you get excessive vibration from the motor, say when stopped and in drive.
I've only done about 50k on these not good for mercedes this is the second lot i've put on not happy certainly won't be buying another mercedes
Old 02-21-2018, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 540 Likes on 477 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC........ 2011 C63 AMG.............. 2015 CLS400 4MATIC.....
It might not be the mounts then. Do you have one of those 1.8's or diesel or something?
Old 02-21-2018, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A car
I've only done about 50k on these not good for mercedes this is the second lot i've put on not happy certainly won't be buying another mercedes
So on a sample size of n=1, and because you replaced two engine mounts you'll write off a whole brand? Engine mounts are cheap to repair. Try a blown tranny or other junk like that.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:49 PM

C220CDI 2009
Originally Posted by Adi-Benz
It might not be the mounts then. Do you have one of those 1.8's or diesel or something?
C220CDI diesel
Old 02-21-2018, 10:58 PM

C220CDI 2009
So on a sample size of n=1, and because you replaced two engine mounts you'll write off a whole brand? Engine mounts are cheap to repair. Try a blown tranny or other junk like that.
No not just because of the engine mounts it's all the other **** that I had to replace
1. cruise control unit

2. Tail lights "burnt out harness and globe carrier (been replaced twice (2)

3. Water pump

4. Thermostat housing

5. Charge air hose

6. All engine mounts

7. And now I have a intermittent problem with the ignition switch, "Benz customer service" is telling me this is just normal wear and tear.

8. Also have a problem with the command control scrolling knob with a little research I have found this to be quite common, very disappoint that Mercedes have not fixed this problem.

Again "Benz customer service" said this is normal wear and tear, I just can’t accept this from a so called luxury car.

I had a brand new Hyundai for 10 years never had as much go wrong, looks like it's back to a New Hyundai/Kia
Old 02-22-2018, 02:36 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
C204
Get a Hyundai/Kia then, it's such a luxury beauty full of top notch technology and it will never breakdown.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:30 AM

C220CDI 2009
Originally Posted by dol4er
Get a Hyundai/Kia then, it's such a luxury beauty full of top notch technology and it will never breakdown.
I've always wanted a mercedes so when the chance came I took it, I'm 65, and I have made quite a few mistakes like every one else and this rates on the upside.

There's not much technology in a c class 2009 c220cdi buddy

Kia/Hyundai has tons more technology than this C Class, also has a 7year warranty, and better backup service.

You don't get this with (Mercedes arguably one of the best built cars in the world with a 3 year warranty) you shouldn't expect to have all these faults.

So what you are saying all these faults I've are top notch technology

1 Engine mounts at least should last at the bare minimum 100K
2 Tail lights "burnt out harness, and globe carrier (been replaced twice (2)
3 ignition switch
command control scrolling knob
Old 02-22-2018, 03:57 AM

C204
I've always wanted a mercedes so when the chance came I took it, I'm 65, and I have made quite a few mistakes like every one else and this rates on the upside.

Kia/Hyundai has tons more technology than this C Class, also has a 7year warranty, and better backup service.

You don't get this with (Mercedes arguably one of the best built cars in the world with a 3 year warranty) you shouldn't expect to have all these faults.

3 ignition switch
What has KIA/Hyundai achieved in terms of innovations? As far I see the only thing they do is copy/buy technology from others. No wonder they offer 7-year warranty... they have no other selling point... even the 7-year warranty is not enough to make people buy them, they should go for 10-year warranty or even a lifetime warranty.

In fact, you owned a Hyundai 20 years ago and you write about technology and reliability of the brand nowadays? And all this nonsense for some rubber engine mounts which cost $100? You should definitely switch from the Mercedes brand to a Korean or Chinese car brand. Check out Great Wall, they offer 7 year warranty and their SUV costs $10,000... your best bet from now on.

Last edited by dol4er; 02-22-2018 at 04:06 AM.
Old 02-22-2018, 04:14 AM

C220CDI 2009
What has KIA/Hyundai achieved in terms of innovations? As far I see the only thing they do is copy/buy technology from others. No wonder they offer 7-year warranty... they have no other selling point... even the 7-year warranty is not enough to make people buy them, they should go for 10-year warranty.

In fact, you owned a Hyundai 20 years ago and you write about technology and reliability of the brand nowadays?
It wasn't 20 years ago, all I'm saying is the Mercedes is arguably supposed to be one of the best built cars in the world and the things that are breaking in my car should never happen.it's only 7years old

And to get these fixed cost two arms and both legs

Engine mounts cost here at the local dealership quote $2500.00

so where do you buy them and fitted for a $100.00

Last edited by silkynitro; 02-22-2018 at 04:19 AM.
Old 02-22-2018, 04:23 AM

C220CDI 2009
What has KIA/Hyundai achieved in terms of innovations? As far I see the only thing they do is copy/buy technology from others. No wonder they offer 7-year warranty... they have no other selling point... even the 7-year warranty is not enough to make people buy them, they should go for 10-year warranty or even a lifetime warranty.

In fact, you owned a Hyundai 20 years ago and you write about technology and reliability of the brand nowadays? And all this nonsense for some rubber engine mounts which cost $100? You should definitely switch from the Mercedes brand to a Korean or Chinese car brand. Check out Great Wall, they offer 7 year warranty and their SUV costs $10,000... your best bet from now on.
I don't know where you are the Great wall is more than 10K

Old 02-22-2018, 05:08 AM

C204
It wasn't 20 years ago, all I'm saying is the Mercedes is arguably supposed to be one of the best built cars in the world and the things that are breaking in my car should never happen.it's only 7years old

And to get these fixed cost two arms and both legs

Engine mounts cost here at the local dealership quote $2500.00

so where do you buy them and fitted for a $100.00
Don't make me laugh... you are going to change rubber mounts at the dealership? Don't you have an indie mechanic to replace 2 mounts on a 9-year old car? Can't you order 2 mounts online for $100 and then get your mechanic to do it for you? Apart from that, the problem may be caused by the transmission mount which costs $15 and can be replaced in 10 minutes.

As to the Great Wall, I said SUV not pick-up truck but anyway, the pickup truck is around $20-25k here in Europe and that's a price on their website. If you go to the dealership, they will be so happy to see you that you can get it for $15k, no worries. The engine seems great 2.4i petrol engine with 122hp, you will be very satisfied with it. Sounds like advanced technology. They borrowed it from KIA, I suppose... with a 5-star 7-year warranty.

Oh, and some calculations are needed. Here is a math riddle for you to solve: 2018 - 2009 = X?

Last edited by dol4er; 02-22-2018 at 05:15 AM.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A car

3 ignition switch
I smell a troll. My W204 has a 7 year factory warranty. If you chose not to buy it thats on you
Old 02-22-2018, 06:36 AM

C220CDI 2009
Don't make me laugh... you are going to change rubber mounts at the dealership? Don't you have an indie mechanic to replace 2 mounts on a 9-year old car? Can't you order 2 mounts online for $100 and then get your mechanic to do it for you? Apart from that, the problem may be caused by the transmission mount which costs $15 and can be replaced in 10 minutes.

As to the Great Wall, I said SUV not pick-up truck but anyway, the pickup truck is around $20-25k here in Europe and that's a price on their website. If you go to the dealership, they will be so happy to see you that you can get it for $15k, no worries. The engine seems great 2.4i petrol engine with 122hp, you will be very satisfied with it. Sounds like advanced technology. They borrowed it from KIA, I suppose... with a 5-star 7-year warranty.

Oh, and some calculations are needed. Here is a math riddle for you to solve: 2018 - 2009 = X?
It looks like you know stuff all about engine mounts, they are hydraulic mounts not rubber and $15.00 for transmission mount take your hand off it buddy or you'll go blind.

It's not two mounts on a 9 year old car this is the 3rd set,here is a math riddle for you to solve 3sets = how many mounts X?
Old 02-22-2018, 06:40 AM

C220CDI 2009
I smell a troll. My W204 has a 7 year factory warranty. If you chose not to buy it thats on you
I smell a rat< So you purchase a 4 year extended warranty, I wonder why, just goes to show you didn't have much faith in the car.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A car
I smell a rat< So you purchase a 4 year extended warranty, I wonder why, just goes to show you didn't have much faith in the car.
No, because I'm risk adverse and I have a basic understanding of managing expenses. I'd even buy a 7 year warranty on a Lexus GS/LS, and I would not dream of owning a car past its new vehicle warranty stage. I'm not stupid.

My W204 has been the most reliable car that I have ever owned, by a mile. The total cost of ownership (outside of gas) per year has not exceeded $500/year (including engine oil, filter, and parts that I have had to replace since warranty doesn't cover everything). That said, I'm not stupid enough to buy parts from a dealer. I buy OEM parts through a wholesaler here for 25% off dealer, and then I figure out how to do basic maintenance myself. For example, oil changes on this car are one of the easiest to do for any mass produced vehicle. E.g. FAR easier on a W204 than any Lexus/Infiniti etc.

And plus, I paid $2500 for another 3 years of warranty. I had the front struts start to make noise, so I took it in after the first 4 years were up, and they replaced all of the front struts, etc, and that alone would have cost $2500 so in one trip I made back what I had spent on extended warranty.

If you're silly enough not to buy extended warranty and plan to keep a car after 4 years, then ask yourself, do you forsee spending > $2500 in 3 years for maintenance once a car is that old? To me, that's like asking if someone addicted to drugs would turn down free drugs. Of course they wouldn't, and of course you should buy a new vehicle warranty + extended warranty. Plus, on the C class, it's cheap as hell.

I wouldn't own any car past its warranty period. Would I buy a Hyundai? I'm thinking about the Genesis G90, but even there, I'd buy an extended warranty.

You need to start taking responsibility for your own decisions. I find your posts incredibly ignorant because if you think the W204 is unreliable, try any BMW, Audi, or even an E/S class. The M272 engine is one of the oldest, tried and tested engines by MB and thus one of the most reliable. There were some issues from 2008-2011, but post facelift, MB has addressed all of the major issues.

I drive my car harder than anyone on this forum. I'll WOT every single time I drive (once the engine is warm). Maybe you bought a dud, I don't know, but that said, you should have bought a warranty, and since you didn't, that's on you.

Last edited by superangrypenguin; 02-22-2018 at 06:51 AM.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:19 AM

C220CDI 2009
No, because I'm risk adverse and I have a basic understanding of managing expenses. I'd even buy a 7 year warranty on a Lexus GS/LS, and I would not dream of owning a car past its new vehicle warranty stage. I'm not stupid.

My W204 has been the most reliable car that I have ever owned, by a mile. The total cost of ownership (outside of gas) per year has not exceeded $500/year (including engine oil, filter, and parts that I have had to replace since warranty doesn't cover everything). That said, I'm not stupid enough to buy parts from a dealer. I buy OEM parts through a wholesaler here for 25% off dealer, and then I figure out how to do basic maintenance myself. For example, oil changes on this car are one of the easiest to do for any mass produced vehicle. E.g. FAR easier on a W204 than any Lexus/Infiniti etc.

And plus, I paid $2500 for another 3 years of warranty. I had the front struts start to make noise, so I took it in after the first 4 years were up, and they replaced all of the front struts, etc, and that alone would have cost $2500 so in one trip I made back what I had spent on extended warranty.

If you're silly enough not to buy extended warranty and plan to keep a car after 4 years, then ask yourself, do you forsee spending > $2500 in 3 years for maintenance once a car is that old? To me, that's like asking if someone addicted to drugs would turn down free drugs. Of course they wouldn't, and of course you should buy a new vehicle warranty + extended warranty. Plus, on the C class, it's cheap as hell.

I wouldn't own any car past its warranty period. Would I buy a Hyundai? I'm thinking about the Genesis G90, but even there, I'd buy an extended warranty.

You need to start taking responsibility for your own decisions. I find your posts incredibly ignorant because if you think the W204 is unreliable, try any BMW, Audi, or even an E/S class. The M272 engine is one of the oldest, tried and tested engines by MB and thus one of the most reliable. There were some issues from 2008-2011, but post facelift, MB has addressed all of the major issues.

I drive my car harder than anyone on this forum. I'll WOT every single time I drive (once the engine is warm). Maybe you bought a dud, I don't know, but that said, you should have bought a warranty, and since you didn't, that's on you.

I have taking responsibility for my own decisions, that's why I didn't buy extended warranty. it's not all about the bloody money, they sell these cars on reliability/quality parts etc, and they are no better than most any other brand on the market.
After all the problems Iv'e had
I won't be buying another one

Last edited by silkynitro; 02-22-2018 at 07:32 AM.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A car
I have taking responsibility for my own decisions, that's why I didn't buy extended warranty. it's not all about the bloody money, they sell these cars on reliability/quality parts etc, and they are no better than most any other brand on the market.
After all the problems Iv'e had
I won't be buying another one
Ok. You chose to play Russian roulette and you lost. "They sell these cars on reliability/quality parts etc"? What sort of silly comment is that? Does ANY car maker come out and say "well, our cars aren't that reliable, but buy ours anyways"? Please.

If you're going off of what a sales person tells you, you're in for far more in life, mate.

Ok, so don't buy another one. Doesn't affect any of us, but I suspect you'll be on other forums in 7 years time *****ing about something else you bought that let you down. These are cars and they contain thousands of parts made by manufacturers other than the car maker. Here's a hint, MB doesn't make engine mounts. Car makers source parts from various OEM mfgrs, and they all break.

Yes, some cars are more reliable than others. Year 1 cars of any new model for any brand are all disasters. It's the way it works.
Old 02-22-2018, 08:37 AM

C220CDI 2009
Lightbulb

Ok, so don't buy another one. Doesn't affect any of us, but I suspect you'll be on other forums in 7 years time *****ing about something else you bought that let you down. These are cars and they contain thousands of parts made by manufacturers other than the car maker. Here's a hint, MB doesn't make engine mounts. Car makers source parts from various OEM mfgrs, and they all break.
[/QUOTE]
No kidding, Oh ****, didn't know that

I don't give a flying **** if it affects you or not,

Last edited by silkynitro; 02-22-2018 at 08:43 AM.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A car
No kidding, Oh ****, didn't know that

I don't give a flying **** if it affects you or not,
I think this post gave all of us a solid understanding of your character. 'nuff said. Will be nice knowing you're no longer part of the MB family.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:21 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Mercedes C250 Coupe
.....not really sure of the risks involved in releasing oil upon troubled waters..................

But my C250 coupe has had zero problems (odometer reads 34.8k miles).

CPO. Initial owner paid big bread for this Iridium gem.

es

Last edited by ezshift5; 02-22-2018 at 10:50 AM.
Old 02-22-2018, 11:21 AM

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
2008 C350-Sport-AMG-Active Agility Pack + B170 2008+Mitsibishi+Mazda
So why are these mounts hydraulic in the 1st place, just curious as to what it is smothering as the symptoms indicate, what is causing the vibration(Engine is ballanced) that needs it to be hydraulic, we talking coming to a halt not massive launches. Does it mask a problem-? (LIke the torgue converter/clutch design for example).

Last edited by Moto_Guzzi; 02-22-2018 at 11:24 AM.
Old 02-22-2018, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A car
Originally Posted by Moto_Guzzi
So why are these mounts hydraulic in the 1st place, just curious as to what it is smothering as the symptoms indicate, what is causing the vibration(Engine is ballanced) that needs it to be hydraulic, we talking coming to a halt not massive launches. Does it mask a problem-? (LIke the torgue converter/clutch design for example).
Most engine mounts are liquid filled these days. It adds to the silky smoothness we've come to like on MB.
Old 02-22-2018, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 540 Likes on 477 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC........ 2011 C63 AMG.............. 2015 CLS400 4MATIC.....
So I didn't read the comments cause it totally derailed and is going south. However,

That deisel is not the most reliable. It's definitely not anything close to reliability of m272 engine.

​​​​​​Thermostat shouldn't even count really, cause this is the most common issue on all cars probably. I had it here, fixed it for $30 and an hour of my time, my uncle is Europe had it happen to his older BMW. It's common issue.

Taillight harness melting is part of a recall.

What country are you in? If you're in the UK seems they get all the 4cyl Mercedes, which IMO are pretty much all rubbish.

Also in the US Kia has 10yr/10000 mile warranty. It was sad however, when I sat in the back of an optima and it didn't even have vents for the AC/Heat on the back of the arm console loool.

Buy a Kia stinger lol. I've never owned a 4cyl because every one I've been in has been pretty much trash, and I can only imagine the diesel variant.

Adding to my post, transmission mounts are cheap and easy to swap, engine ones are harder and more expensive.

Last edited by Adi-Benz; 02-22-2018 at 12:34 PM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: engine mounts