S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

2019 S560

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2021 G550
2019 S560

Anyone have an idea of when we can order a 2019 S 560 and the cutoff for 2018 models? Thanks
Old 02-27-2018, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts
2014 S550 - SOLD, 2014 GL550 - SOLD, 2014 GL63 AMG, 2015 S63 AMG Sedan, 2015 S63 AMG Coupe
Apparently the dealer order guide is out so I would think order banks should open up in April or May.
Old 02-27-2018, 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 796 Likes on 752 Posts
2015 S550 Palladium/Deep Sea Blue, 2016 Tesla Model S 70D, 2015 Volvo XC70
If anyone has the 2019 dealer order guide, please post it.
Old 03-16-2018, 07:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 s550 White/Nut Brown
Originally Posted by syswei
If anyone has the 2019 dealer order guide, please post it.
Just went in today to order mine! Finally got the dark burgundy black color that I chickened out on 3 years ago. Estimated arrival is mid-July.

I cannot upload the PDF of the dealer order guide. Too big file. Feel free to PM me your email and I can send it.

Katherine

Last edited by kath00; 03-16-2018 at 07:11 PM.
Old 03-16-2018, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by kath00
Just went in today to order mine! Finally got the dark burgundy black color that I chickened out on 3 years ago. Estimated arrival is mid-July.

I cannot upload the PDF of the dealer order guide. Too big file. Feel free to PM me your email and I can send it.

Katherine
I did get one, thanks, a Feb. 26 version, and had posted it in this thread.

Congrats on your order!
Old 03-16-2018, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by syswei
I did get one, thanks, a Feb. 26 version, and had posted it in this thread.

Congrats on your order!
Smart! I see you split the guide. I wish I had seen it a few weeks back. Oh well. I am happy with my options, which basically mirror what I have on my current lease S550.

Looking so forward to the Apple Carplay feature though. I could not get that on my current car. I think I just missed it by a year.
Old 03-18-2018, 01:38 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2018 S560; 2021 GLS450 (on order)
Not too much of a difference between 2018 and 2019 models, with the most notable change being the addition of a new color.
Old 04-27-2018, 02:43 PM

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts
S550, SLC43
Hi Kath00,

I went to the local dealer to order a 2019. They said that they can order one but that they do not pricing yet. Did you get any kind of pricing on your 2019?

Bill
Old 04-27-2018, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 201 Posts
2022 EQS580

Katherine

Katherin,

I don't understand how your 2019 S560 will be here as soon as July. I ordered my 2019 S450 a couple weeks ago and was told by the dealer that it will not arrive until September/October since that's when the 2019's will be released. Either your dealer misinformed you or mine did. Could you possibly explain this discrepancy? Thanks!
Old 07-16-2018, 02:09 AM

Just a follow up to this thread that my car just arrived at the dealer! Should be taking delivery in a few days!
Old 07-16-2018, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
Just a follow up to this thread that my car just arrived at the dealer! Should be taking delivery in a few days!
Thanks for the update Katherine. I'm not sure if you saw my post titled "Big surprise". The GM at my local dealer had originally told me my 2019 S450 would not be here until September/October. Then, it was updated that my car would be built the end of July and I would get it by the end of August. I was suppose to be updated if things changed. There was no such update. Well, as it turned out, he mislead me or had no clue what he was talking about. I found out late last week when I called his cellphone that my salesman had left and went to work for the local Lexus dealer. Needless to say, I was quite upset when I found out on the visit to the dealer that my car arrived in Baltimore on July 11 and that the salesman never informed me that my car would be here no later than late July. It will very likely be here next week. By the way, that general manager was fired about a month ago. The reason I was upset is that I was not going to advertise to sell my 2014 S550 until August 1. So I had to scramble to advertise when I found that my new car would be here in a matter of 10 to no more than 14 days.

I visited the dealer again today and met the new general manager. He profusely apologized for all the misstatements and confusion from the pervious GM and salesman. He gave me what I think is a pretty good deal on the new car and now I decided to trade in my old car with the dealer. No hassles and I save money on the sales tax. So, overall, I am happy the way things turned out. I'm really looking forward to driving my new 2019 S Class.
The following 2 users liked this post by AppleFan1:
Germancar1 (07-16-2018), jschuller (09-13-2018)
Old 07-16-2018, 11:31 PM

Congratulations! Wow, what a mess. I am so glad it worked out for you. What colors did you choose for the new build? That's fantastic.

Also are you doing a purchase? I am trying to get a feel for the lease options with MB because I am not seeing anything advertised right now, which worries me. Usually I get a good deal when I wait till mid-Fall but since my lease was expiring then, I ordered this car and it came in so soon.

I am hoping to pick up on Friday. The car is off the ship already and heading to the dealers tomorrow. Woohooo.
Old 07-17-2018, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
Congratulations! Wow, what a mess. I am so glad it worked out for you. What colors did you choose for the new build? That's fantastic.

Also are you doing a purchase? I am trying to get a feel for the lease options with MB because I am not seeing anything advertised right now, which worries me. Usually I get a good deal when I wait till mid-Fall but since my lease was expiring then, I ordered this car and it came in so soon.

I am hoping to pick up on Friday. The car is off the ship already and heading to the dealers tomorrow. Woohooo.
Yes, it has been a mess, but all is well now. My 2014 S550 is iridium silver with black interior and burl walnut trim and it was a tough decision whether or not I would stick with the same colors. Well, I decided to go with selenite gray exterior and the same interior as the 2014. I love the black interior with burl walnut trim. I am a comfort freak so I went with the standard 18 inch wheels. But when it comes to technology, I want the latest and greatest. So I chose, the Premium 1 Package,, Warmth and Comfort Package, Driver Assistance Package, Head-Up-Display, and the expensive Night View Assist Plus.

I was figuring that I would go with a 3 year lease since I'm sure I will want the next generation which will be released in by 2021 at the latest. However, I'm starting to have second thoughts now because I hate making monthly payments and the dealer really owns the car. So, I might bite the bullet and pay upfront. That way, I will once again have a trade in value for the next generation. By the way, the new general manager told me today that the lease rates for the 2019 were not available as of today. He will be emailing me all this info (including a one payment lease) hopefully in the next several days.

Finally, congratulations on your new beauty as well.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:28 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2015 S550 Coupe
Congrats on the beautiful new car!

Leasing is just a different way of financing a car. Instead of paying a lot of money up front and all at once, you pay a little each month. Leasing gives you some protections like an easy out in 3 years even if your car is a lemon, was in an extensive accident (but you repaired it with your insurance), etc. You have a guaranteed "turn in" value after 3 years. And turning your car into the dealer, like trading-in, is super easy with little hassle vs. trying to sell it on your own to private parties. It's not easy selling an expensive used car because there are many less buyers with that much cash. I like to think of leasing as just an expensive monthly rental. One negative of leasing is it's usually very expensive to get out early, because you're usually under water where you owe more than the car is worth, so be sure you want to keep the car for the entire term of your lease.

Be careful about one payment lease. While you save a little on the financing costs, you lose one of the protections of leasing where if your car is totaled then you are out only what you've put into the lease so far. Gap insurance protects you if the blue book value of your totaled car is less than what you owe, which is usually the case during most of the lease term. But if you do a one payment lease then gap insurance no longer applies - You are out the difference in value, just like if you purchased the car new but then your insurance company only reimburses you for the current blue book value.
The following users liked this post:
AppleFan1 (07-17-2018)
Old 07-17-2018, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by mikey94025
Congrats on the beautiful new car!

Leasing is just a different way of financing a car. Instead of paying a lot of money up front and all at once, you pay a little each month. Leasing gives you some protections like an easy out in 3 years even if your car is a lemon, was in an extensive accident (but you repaired it with your insurance), etc. You have a guaranteed "turn in" value after 3 years. And turning your car into the dealer, like trading-in, is super easy with little hassle vs. trying to sell it on your own to private parties. It's not easy selling an expensive used car because there are many less buyers with that much cash. I like to think of leasing as just an expensive monthly rental. One negative of leasing is it's usually very expensive to get out early, because you're usually under water where you owe more than the car is worth, so be sure you want to keep the car for the entire term of your lease.

Be careful about one payment lease. While you save a little on the financing costs, you lose one of the protections of leasing where if your car is totaled then you are out only what you've put into the lease so far. Gap insurance protects you if the blue book value of your totaled car is less than what you owe, which is usually the case during most of the lease term. But if you do a one payment lease then gap insurance no longer applies - You are out the difference in value, just like if you purchased the car new but then your insurance company only reimburses you for the current blue book value.
I am really dumb when it comes to understanding leasing details. But if I'm understanding what you are saying in terms of leasing and "turn-in" value that does not apply to me if at the end of 3 years I want to lease the next generation S Class. It applies to me only if I want to buy the leased car at the end of 3 years, right?
Old 07-17-2018, 05:15 PM

Sort of. The amount you pay each month, from what I understand, is the difference between the initial price of the car and the "turn in residual value" of the car at the end of the 3 years. The goal is to keep the monthly payments and upfront down payment to a minimum. Then at the end of the 3 years, you just turn in the car and it really doesn't matter what that value is. Basically you just paid your monthly payments (let's say $1000/mo) and your deposit (let's say $3000) and then you are done. If you know you won't buy the car, this is the best way to do a lease. Then the purchase price and residual basically don't matter to you. What does matter is the payments you have made (upfront and monthly).

That was the simple way for me to look at it, although people will have much more complex ways of analyzing the numbers, the residual, etc. You can google lease vs buy. THere are ton of great articles written about it.

Now if you want to buy the car at the end of the 3 years, it is a diff story. But I always turn my cars in because I almost always like the technology upgrade inside (finally getting carplay!!) and there are always little glitches with each of my cars (my left front sensor is acting up on this s550 and when I take it to the dealer they tell me it is behaving appropriately, but it is clearly not, it is oversensing and goes off all the time versus the right front which is fine). SO I am always happy when my 3 years are up and I get a new one with none of the issues of the old one. . One of these days, there will be a car with no real long term issues and I will probably end up keeping it. Maybe.....

K

Last edited by kath00; 07-18-2018 at 12:18 AM.
Old 07-18-2018, 12:13 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2015 S550 Coupe
Originally Posted by BeanTrader
I am really dumb when it comes to understanding leasing details. But if I'm understanding what you are saying in terms of leasing and "turn-in" value that does not apply to me if at the end of 3 years I want to lease the next generation S Class. It applies to me only if I want to buy the leased car at the end of 3 years, right?
Yes. sorry it was wrong for me to phrase it that way. You basically have the choice to walk away at the end of the lease term or to buy the car out for the pre-defined residual price, other than some small fees that usually apply for both choices. The point is you know you're just paying a certain amount of money to lease (rent) the car for the term and there's no uncertainty over how much you might have to negotiate for your used car (private party or dealer trade-in).

At the end of the lease term you have the option of turning the car in, leasing another car, or buying a new car and there is no unknown financial risk because you knew it all up-front. If you think you're likely to only keep the car 3 years then leasing can be very attractive. You always have the option of buying your own car (for the residual price) if you decide you want to keep it after all, but leasing is most attractive and simple if you're likely to flip into another lease or purchase.
AppleFan1 (07-18-2018)
Old 07-18-2018, 08:17 PM

Did you get lease rates yet? My dealer has not gotten back to me yet with numbers. I would love to hear what the terms are for you. K
Old 07-18-2018, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Had not really considered leasing before, but might for my next MB. A few questions for people:

1. Are the MF and residual set at the corporate level (so that the only negotiation is the 100k+ price that everything is calculated off of)?

2. If I order a car rather than buy one from inventory, do I get the MF and residual at the time of the order, or the potentially different MF and residual at the time I take delivery?

3. If I order a car, and I just negotiate the 100k+ price, and tell them I'll decide whether to pay cash or lease, at the time of delivery?

4. What is the lowest annual mileage, 7500 or 5000 or what? Or is it fully custom (I can name my own mileage)? I am anticipating needing only 5000.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
Did you get lease rates yet? My dealer has not gotten back to me yet with numbers. I would love to hear what the terms are for you. K
Katherine, I think you are asking me to answer this. Unfortunately, no I have not gotten the 2019 lease rates from the dealer yet. They obviously don't have them yet. It's kind of nutty that MB has yet to release these since the 2019's are already arriving to the dealers.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by @jm_case
Hello all, just some input for you.

Leasing is a popular way of owning luxury vehicles on a short term (2-4 years), and while your monthly payment will be higher than it would be if you financed traditionally, your overall expenditures typically come out to be much less over time. You mitigate all ambiguity in the purchase of a vehicle in this class, as you don't have any financial obligation to the vehicle if something were to happen (wreck, market crash, etc), and you can have the vehicle's maintenance included at about 50% of what it would typically cost.

Something to consider is that leases do not have "interest rates" - they have what are called "money factors" which are calculated differently. There is no 2.99% figure for you to use in your head; instead, the money factor might be .00240. I realize this makes no sense to you, and there is much more involved in a money factor than I can share here, but waiting and waiting for "rates on a lease" is useless to the consumer unless they have financial background in that area.

Leasing also reduces your tax expense. On a lease, you pay your sales tax as a percentage of the monthly payment, NOT the purchase price of the vehicle. This typically always saves you money and depending on the vehicle, potentially saves you thousands.

You'll know your vehicle's value at the end of your lease agreement by looking at the residual figure. Residuals are calculated and contracted in advance so you know what you're getting into, and it cannot change during your lease agreement. This is where money factors come into play...they help MBUSA bridge the gap between you getting a good deal and them taking the risk of establishing what a car will be worth 3 years from now, in case something negative were to occur. You'll be restricted to driving a certain amount of miles annually, but that can be adjusted quite easily, and you may also pay for extra mileage ahead of time at discounted rates.

Lastly, you have three options at lease-end:
  1. Turn in the vehicle, pay a $595 turn in fee (plus any charges for damages done to vehicle) and walk away, no obligation.
  2. Purchase the vehicle for your predetermined amount (the residual).
  3. Take advantage of the Loyalty Accelerator Program, in which you lease a new Mercedes-Benz vehicle and all fees/charges from your previous lease are waived (wash, rinse, repeat).
This is a brief rundown, but let me know if you have any questions about that.
​​​​​​
Wow, that's quite an explanation. Thanks so much for this. Do you at all recommend a one payment lease which I'm thinking of going with? I am going to have my CPA with me when the car is ready for delivery (probably some time next week). The CPA wants to see the lease numbers prior to delivery.
Old 07-19-2018, 03:48 PM

So I just got a call from my Dealer. My car is in at the dealer BUT Mercedes will not release the 2019 cars! So I cannot pick up my car until possibly September!?!?! Until 2018 inventory drops below a certain level! OMG. My sales guy was apologetic but I cannot believe it just has to sit there gathering dust! WTF?
Old 07-19-2018, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
So I just got a call from my Dealer. My car is in at the dealer BUT Mercedes will not release the 2019 cars! So I cannot pick up my car until possibly September!?!?! Until 2018 inventory drops below a certain level! OMG. My sales guy was apologetic but I cannot believe it just has to sit there gathering dust! WTF?
I replied to you on the HUD post. That is absolutely crazy!
kath00 (07-19-2018)
Old 07-27-2018, 02:30 AM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
2014 Mercedes E Class
i was told MBUSA is expected to release some of the 2019s after the first week of August.. but was told to expect my car mid August. My ship arrives at Long Beach port Aug 6th... maybe perfect timing
Old 07-27-2018, 03:04 AM

Well that would be great news! Mine arrived in Long Beach last week so if they release mine, I will definitely post. That would likely mean yours would be next!?! My SA didn't say anything that specific date-wise but he apparently has 10 orders for 2019s (different models) sitting and waiting and his customers are not happy, so he's not happy...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2019 S560