Sponsored by:

Auto transport has had my car for 5 days

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 10:14 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
f80 M3
Auto transport has had my car for 5 days

I bought my e63s in Wisconsin and had it picked up to be delivered to me in Miami last Saturday by a transport company. I was told the car would be here Today. I used the MBapp to locate the car. It has been sitting in Chicago for 5 days(I thought the car was in transit). I also got a notification the car was started yesterday and moved off the trailer from the app. I contacted the transport and was pretty pissed off. He said he was just rearranging the cars. I’m hoping the car is not sitting outside. I was told that he would be leaving early this morning and the car would be here Saturday morning. I did a locate again on the car this morning and behold the car is still sitting there. There is no way in my mind that if he did not leave this AM the car will be to me by Saturday from Chicago. The guy is in a 6 trailer transport and I’m sure Miami is last on his dropoffs. Should I have another transport pick up the car? Has anyone dealt with anything like this before. It’s starting to feel very shady. Sounds to me like this guy is taking his time until he gets enough cars to fill up the trailer. Anyone have any advice?

Last edited by tonymiabmw; 04-19-2018 at 10:18 AM.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:44 AM

Received 89 Likes on 61 Posts
2018 E63, 2008 SLR DH, 2011 599 SA, 1995 F50, 2007 through 2011 GT3 RS
Originally Posted by tonymiabmw
I bought my e63s in Wisconsin and had it picked up to be delivered to me in Miami last Saturday by a transport company. I was told the car would be here Today. I used the MBapp to locate the car. It has been sitting in Chicago for 5 days(I thought the car was in transit). I also got a notification the car was started yesterday and moved off the trailer from the app. I contacted the transport and was pretty pissed off. He said he was just rearranging the cars. I’m hoping the car is not sitting outside. I was told that he would be leaving early this morning and the car would be here Saturday morning. I did a locate again on the car this morning and behold the car is still sitting there. There is no way in my mind that if he did not leave this AM the car will be to me by Saturday from Chicago. The guy is in a 6 trailer transport and I’m sure Miami is last on his dropoffs. Should I have another transport pick up the car? Has anyone dealt with anything like this before. It’s starting to feel very shady. Sounds to me like this guy is taking his time until he gets enough cars to fill up the trailer. Anyone have any advice?
Did you pay for door to door transport without terminals?
If you paid for door to door than he shouldn’t be stopped anywhere and I would tell him to leave the car and have someone else pick it up.
If not yes it’s normal for the car to sit outside in a terminal and wait for other cars to be headed in your direction and it takes time and the car is dirty once it gets there from the terminal.

Also hope you got a fully enclosed hard sided carrier as anything less and you will be miserable with all the rock chips on your paint.
The following users liked this post:
24Hours (04-19-2018)
Old 04-19-2018, 11:01 AM

f80 M3
Originally Posted by Quickburn7

Did you pay for door to door transport without terminals?
If you paid for door to door than he shouldn’t be stopped anywhere and I would tell him to leave the car and have someone else pick it up.
If not yes it’s normal for the car to sit outside in a terminal and wait for other cars to be headed in your direction and it takes time and the car is dirty once it gets there from the terminal.

Also hope you got a fully enclosed hard sided carrier as anything less and you will be miserable with all the rock chips on your paint.
Yes I paid for enclosed door to door. The fact that the car is getting a GPS signal is making me think they have it off of the trailer. This is ridiculous. I’m really getting pissed off. I guess the transport company I used contracted out this guy in Chicago. I contacted him to cancel and he told me it up to driver if he wants to release the car. Now the driver isn’t awnsering. I swear there better not be any damage to the car when I get it.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:09 AM

Received 157 Likes on 104 Posts
2019 E63S wagon; 2016 Landrover Landmark
If I were in your shoes, I'd be pissed off too. When I sold my '14 E63S wagon to a member here, his transport company took a straight line to delivery in the midwest... there was no b/s-ing. I can get the name of the transport co if you like or IM you with the member here who did the contracting.

Good luck and I hope there won't be any chips/damage upon arrival.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:15 AM

Yes I paid for enclosed door to door. The fact that the car is getting a GPS signal is making me think they have it off of the trailer. This is ridiculous. I’m really getting pissed off. I guess the transport company I used contracted out this guy in Chicago. I contacted him to cancel and he told me it up to driver if he wants to release the car. Now the driver isn’t awnsering. I swear there better not be any damage to the car when I get it.
I ship cars at least once a month. Did you use a broker or go through the actual company?
if you went through the actual company then it is not up to driver. If you paid for the service once he picks it up he has to drive in your direction while picking up and dropping off cars. It’s normal they start the car and move it around the truck as needs arise but no terminals or warehouses are involved. Most good transport companies will not pick up until they have a full load scheduled for the route.

pm me and I can give you a contact but at this point your looking at around 5 days for a pick up date

Old 04-19-2018, 11:20 AM

f80 M3

I ship cars at least once a month. Did you use a broker or go through the actual company?
if you went through the actual company then it is not up to driver. If you paid for the service once he picks it up he has to drive in your direction while picking up and dropping off cars. It’s normal they start the car and move it around the truck as needs arise but no terminals or warehouses are involved. Most good transport companies will not pick up until they have a full load scheduled for the route.

pm me and I can give you a contact but at this point your looking at around 5 days for a pick up date

I contacted a local company that a detailer recommended. I’m guessing they found this guy on some dispatch. The driver just contacted me and is swearing up and down he is leaving today and that the car was always in the truck. He’s promising me the car will be here Saturday morning. Let’s see Chicago is a 20 hour drive from Miami. Which means he would not have time to drop off many other cars.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:24 AM

I contacted a local company that a detailer recommended. I’m guessing they found this guy on some dispatch. The driver just contacted me and is swearing up and down he is leaving today and that the car was always in the truck. He’s promising me the car will be here Saturday morning. Let’s see Chicago is a 20 hour drive from Miami. Which means he would not have time to drop off many other cars.
My M5 did Virginia to LOS Angeles in under 5 days so anything is possible!
Old 04-19-2018, 11:44 AM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
G
I live in Miami too and can tell you that I only use Reliable Carriers to move any of my cars in or out of here. They have a few yards where they switch trucks sometimes but they can be trusted. Nearly every other carrier that goes near Miami is a mess. We are a magnet for stupidity here! I wish you the best of luck and let me know when the car arrives, maybe we can meet up.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:00 PM

G
My M5 did Virginia to LOS Angeles in under 5 days so anything is possible!
I've had cars from Southern California to Miami in a little over two days. Some of the drivers run in teams with their spouses. Homeboy drives into the cities and loads and unloads and homegirl rolls the highway miles. I've seen it many times.

Last edited by jdhertz11; 04-19-2018 at 12:12 PM.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:07 PM
Banned

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 cls550
Auto transport companies are some of the shadiest businesses around
Old 04-19-2018, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 555 Likes on 381 Posts
2018 E63S AMG
I drove Virginia to San Diego in 54 hours once in a rental truck with a 65 MPH limiter. Chicago to Miami in under 5 days seems pretty doable.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts
2014 S550 - SOLD, 2014 GL550 - SOLD, 2014 GL63 AMG, 2015 S63 AMG Sedan, 2015 S63 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by Ariesfamous
Along with car dealerships
Old 04-19-2018, 01:38 PM

f80 M3
I just hope there is no damage to the car.
Old 04-19-2018, 01:43 PM
Banned

2015 cls550
I'm waiting on a car to be delivered too.
I called the guy I can't even get an answer and no idea where my car is at all. for all I know somebody's ripping it around somewhere.

Supposedly going to be here this weekend ...

why is it that I can track a $2 package from Amazon but I don't know where the *** my expensive car is....??!
Old 04-19-2018, 01:47 PM

f80 M3
I called the guy I can't even get an answer and no idea where my car is at all. for all I know somebody's ripping it around somewhere.

why is it that I can track a $2 package from Amazon but I don't know where the *** my expensive car is....??!
Old 04-19-2018, 02:07 PM
Banned

2015 cls550
Omg they're raping my car right now I know it, lol.

So stressed.

Meanwhile I have parts for it showing up almost daily.....
Old 04-19-2018, 02:39 PM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
'21 GLE63S Coupe, '21 RS7, '21 Supra
Similar topic but I'm moving to Denver in a few weeks (incidentally from WI) and was thinking of shipping my car. I've used Intercity before and they've been great but lots of people vouch for Reliable. Any comparisons between the two?

To the OP, I think I know what dealer you were working with since they offered your car to me a few months ago when it was about to be built. I liked it but wasn't sure about the interior color. I'm more of a black interior type of person.

Last edited by TheGuac; 04-19-2018 at 02:43 PM.
Old 04-19-2018, 02:57 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 373 Likes on 292 Posts
Yea I deal with them all the time..
Old 04-19-2018, 03:24 PM

G

Download the Mercedes Me app. I track my car all the time:

Auto transport has had my car for 5 days-photo137.jpg
Old 04-19-2018, 03:27 PM
Banned

2015 cls550
Originally Posted by jdhertz11
Download the Mercedes Me app. I track my car all the time:

Attachment 416309
Which one,there's like 5
I think it's USA only. I'm in Canada.

Last edited by Ariesfamous; 04-19-2018 at 03:29 PM.
The following users liked this post:
infamily (08-18-2018)
Old 04-19-2018, 03:36 PM

Reliable and JP logistics have been great to deal with and have gps tracking on their trucks and their drivers are very friendly and they take care of the cars. I bought something at Amelia island last month and had the car in LA in a 10 days with a bunch of stops along the way. The driver put protective blankets all around the car even though it was enclosed.
Old 04-19-2018, 04:28 PM

G
Which one,there's like 5
I think it's USA only. I'm in Canada.
The first one, unless Justin says it's not for Canada:

Auto transport has had my car for 5 days-photo616.jpg
Old 04-19-2018, 08:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW 550i M- Sport; '19 E63s or '19 M5??
What everyone said above.

Unfortunately, it looks like you did not have a "meeting of the minds" with the transport company before you shipped. It is very common for transport companies to subcontract other rigs and drivers. At this point, the Transporter will get there when he feels like getting there. Additional calls, etc. will not be particularly helpful and could be counter productive. Transport companies--and especially the drivers--make the most $$$ with a full truck and this sometimes causes crazy routes and times and a conflict of interest between the client and the driver.

I suggest: (1) keep a log of all stops, delays and your communications; and (2) carefully inspect the car on delivery with a witness and note any damages in writing on the delivery receipt (be prepared to spend 30 minutes even though the driver will not like it). This will likely require a light and patience. Just because a car has been in an enclosed carrier does not mean it will not be damaged. It is very tight sometimes for the car movers (driver or others) to get in and out of and around the stored cars, etc. If there is any damage (hopefully NOT the case), the Driver may claim that the damage was on the car when he received it, thus causing friction with the Seller, etc. On a brand new car you have a warranty which should protect you.

NOTE: hopefully all will be fine and your car will arrive shortly in perfect condition! It looks like a beautiful car.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,323 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Did you withhold money from the dealer on contingency?

also i transported my car from Delaware to Chicago enclosed and it took about five days

and check the odometer! There Better be the same Pre and post mileage within 1/8 mile ... allowing for moving the car a bit to accommodate other cars
Old 04-20-2018, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 763 Likes on 529 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
Because you obviously don't know that you need to separate irrelevant brain farts that pop in your head (regardless of whether I agree with them or not) from your car forum postings if there is no context in which they may be relevant... and probably because you cheaped out on the transport and didn't use TFX to ship your car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Auto transport has had my car for 5 days